Oakland-NDSU Championship Game Predictions

Old Titan

7:00 p.m. tonight on "The Deuce".

I like Oakland by 5:  never underestimate experience on the bench in situations like this.

But if not, I saw one NCAA bracket that had NDSU as a #14, playing #3 seed Missouri.

Missouri a #3??

How come we never got match-ups like that in the first round?

No, we had to play stinkin' PITTSBURGH last year!

Am I the only who thinks the Bison might beat the Tigers by double digits on a neutral floor?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• bballmangc

• oruvoice

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Several Vegas sports books have a line on this game:  it opened at NDSU -4.0, quickly moved to -4.5 with over 80% of the money so far on NDSU to cover.

The over/under is 151.5 points - seems about right for something around a 78-73 final score.  Might go WAY under if Oakland can control tempo, ala the 2005 final vs. ORU.

Vegas Lines on NDSU-Oakland

Tony Mejia has a shocker:  NDSU 79, Oakland 65.  :-o

Unless Kangas just doesn't play, highly doubtful the Bison win this one by double digits.

I'll take the grizz & 4.5 points, all day and ywice on Sunday.

Now, to get GolenBoy's bookie's phone number...

:lol:

Am I the only who thinks the Bison might beat the Tigers by double digits on a neutral floor?

I think you might be...

I think you might be...

I agree. Any given game Missouri can light up a great team.....and even on a bad night I think NDSU would need to be perfect.

I have great appreciation for what NDSU has done this season, and I'm extremely impressed with their team - they're methodical, patient, poised, and have great fundamentals.  I love what they've added to the conference.  That said, with the way that Oakland has been playing of late, and with Kangas, Jones and Benson on the prowl I think NDSU will have thier hands full. 

I give Oakland the edge tonight by three.

Nobody beats the Grizz. Or at least not lately. They're going for their 10th win in a row and won 8 of the last 9 by double-digits.

Oakland by 7

Missouri a #3??

At the risk of getting the Debbie Downer flag thrown on me, I'm not sure that Pittsburgh was that tough of a draw last year.  Didn't they crap out in the second round?  Washingthon St. did the same thing the year before. 

Go check out Missouri's road record, they're a completely different team away from Columbia.

Woodside could handle their pressure - might end up shooting 20 free throws in the game.

Several Vegas sports books have a line on this game:  it opened at NDSU -4.0, quickly moved to -4.5 with over 80% of the money so far on NDSU to cover.

The over/under is 151.5 points - seems about right for something around a 78-73 final score.  Might go WAY under if Oakland can control tempo, ala the 2005 final vs. ORU.

Vegas Lines on NDSU-Oakland

I was a little surprised to see a line for this game in the paper this morning.  Typically, there isn't a line for our championship game.  In fact, the only time I can recall finding a line for an ORU game is when we are in the NCAA tournament.  I know there are some that believe Vegas avoids our games for some reason or another.

Go check out Missouri's road record, they're a completely different team away from Columbia.

Woodside could handle their pressure - might end up shooting 20 free throws in the game.

That would be an off night for him . . .

Missouri's team athleticism would run over the Bison. NDSU would be better off against a less atheltic Big Ten team.

That said, this is a moot point. Oakland will win tonight. And, with Oakland's size AND athleticism/perimeter game, they could give more teams 'fits' in a 3/14 first round game.

I was a little surprised to see a line for this game in the paper this morning.  Typically, there isn't a line for our championship game.  In fact, the only time I can recall finding a line for an ORU game is when we are in the NCAA tournament.  I know there are some that believe Vegas avoids our games for some reason or another.

One of those dead-horse topics, but it's true:  there's something weird about why so many ORU games - even some of the big non-conference games and the conference tournament games - have no Vegas line. 

7:00 p.m. tonight on "The Deuce".

I like Oakland by 5:  never underestimate experience on the bench in situations like this.

But if not, I saw one NCAA bracket that had NDSU as a #14, playing #3 seed Missouri.

Missouri a #3??

Didn't we lose to Missouri this year?

Missouri's team athleticism would run over the Bison. NDSU would be better off against a less atheltic Big Ten team.

NDSU's discipline on offense might have Mizzou's young guards chasing their tails all night. 

Could end up being a lay-up fest on both ends (well, more likely a dunk-fest on Missouri's end, but you get my drift).

I would put the over-under at about 185.  :-o