Sioux Falls...

Golden Boy

Let's just knock 'em both out on the first day so they won't have to come back.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• Texasgrip

• ORU Big Brother

Let's just knock 'em both out on the first day so they won't have to come back.

:-D

:-D

...and Ron sets a record for his shortest post ever!!  +1

Not true.  SDSU beat Iowa State in Ames and beat Central Arkansas in Cancun, Mexico.  With that said it is true we are much better at home then we are on the road.  We are 10-3 at home.  We have not played at the Sioux Falls Arena this year so it will be interesting to see if this is a "home" game or not. 

two quality wins.....  :roll:

Is Central Arkansas D1??

Here's what Ron Hunter is saying - posted by IndyBison on the NDSU board:

"I listened to the Ron Hunter Show (IUPUI coach) last night on a local radio station. He voted for "that guy from North Dakota State" as the coach of the year. Even though they built their team for this one year (hinted they will only be good this year), losing only 2 conference games is an amazing accomplishment. He also said the Bison didn't have the greatest defense so he thought they are definitely beatable in the tournament.

Coach Hunter also said he thought it would be an upset if ORU beats SDSU and thought it was sweet justice for ORU to have to travel to SD to play a "home" team after hosting the tournament the past 4 years. He also thought IPFW could upset Oakland which would make NDSU's run that much more interesting. I'm curious to hear how much the lack of post-season experience has on the Bison. This will be a very difficult run but I hope they do it!!"

I wonder if Hunter realized when he said that that ORU only lost two conference games last season?  Probably not.  He also didn't mention that the best he could to was the fourth seed after nine conference losses (and did I mention being SWEPT by ORU?).  He's such a loser.

"I listened to the Ron Hunter Show (IUPUI coach) last night on a local radio station. He voted for "that guy from North Dakota State" as the coach of the year. Even though they built their team for this one year (hinted they will only be good this year), losing only 2 conference games is an amazing accomplishment. He also said the Bison didn't have the greatest defense so he thought they are definitely beatable in the tournament.

Coach Hunter also said he thought it would be an upset if ORU beats SDSU and thought it was sweet justice for ORU to have to travel to SD to play a "home" team after hosting the tournament the past 4 years. He also thought IPFW could upset Oakland which would make NDSU's run that much more interesting. I'm curious to hear how much the lack of post-season experience has on the Bison. This will be a very difficult run but I hope they do it!!"

I wonder if Hunter realized when he said that that ORU only lost two conference games last season?  Probably not.  He also didn't mention that the best he could to was the fourth seed after nine conference losses (and did I mention being SWEPT by ORU?).  He's such a loser.

As evidenced by his team's play this year, Ron needs to shut the hell up and get back to coaching instead of trying save the world and complaining about everyone else.

I'm sure he's one of the morons who believes the only reason we won three tournaments is because it was in Tulsa. That's what all the baseball coaches think, too. Dopes.

As evidenced by his team's play this year, Ron needs to shut the hell up and get back to coaching instead of trying save the world and complaining about everyone else.

I'm sure he's one of the morons who believes the only reason we won three tournaments is because it was in Tulsa. That's what all the baseball coaches think, too. Dopes.

ORUBB, sometimes it's really hard to know where you stand!!  :-D

They tried having the baseball tournament at Centenary - most high school fields around here are nicer - ORU won it.  They tried to have it at Western Illinois - I'll never forget, when a thunderstorm rolled through they didn't have an adequate tarp to cover the infield - the one they had was ripped and full of holes - ORU still won it.

Host it in Antarctica or in the Saharan desert - ORU still wins it.  OR, host it at beautiful JLJ, with nice facilities and all, and enjoy the tournament!

I also find it humorous to hear Ron Hunter talking bad about someone else's defense, when his team annually plays some of the worst defense in the country. Our best shooting nights almost every year come against them.

Yes. Loser is a good word to describe Ronnie Hunter.

Also, other words that fit him are...PHONY, IDIOT, MORON, WHINER, JERK....etc.

I got one word for "Coach" Hunter, regardless of where we play them lately:

S-C-O-R-E-B-O-A-R-D  :roll:

What is up with Ron's ongoing ORU obsession? The tournament isn't even in Tulsa anymore, give it a rest!

I don't remember 'ol Ron griping when they upset an under-manned ORU squad up in freakin' FORT WAYNE.

Or when they went to consecutive championship games in KANSAS CITY??

Why does everyone keep b****ing about the tourney when it was in Tulsa? As if it weren't a virtual home game for several teams years before it got here?

I hope we win next week, just so people can shut the hell up about it.

I've said it before- I had no problem if played the thing in OKC for 4 years. Would have been just as even as going to Fort Wayne.  :-D

Since I care nothing about my "user rating," I'll voice the unpopular opinion here. 

Hunter may be all those things, but he is also very good for the league (and thus, for ORU).  He has put together consistently decent teams at a commuter school that cares nothing about its basketball program, and whose facilities are a joke.  He recognized George Hill's NBA-caliber talent and somehow got him to go there.  He's gotten great exposure for his barefoot coaching gimmick, which raises money and awareness for the charity and gets his program mentioned (regardless of his motives for doing so).  The league could do a lot worse (and has, in many instances).

I don't even really mind his jabs at ORU - it seems to me that he recognizes us as the dominant team in the conference, and is trying to create a rivalry and give his team confidence that they can beat us, even though they can't.  If they happen to get by SUU and NDSU and face us in the final, you can bet he'll be reminding his team (and anyone else who will listen) that we're not in Tulsa anymore.  I'd do the same if I were him.

Nice contrarian opinion, there, Tex.  Your points are well taken.  You've got to admit, though, Hunter is irritating :wink:!