Sioux Falls...

Golden Boy

So who's going?  Highs in the 30's may hit low 40's on Monday but with chance of rain/snow...compare to 81 here Friday and mid-60's Saturday through Tuesday (sunshine except for a raindy day on Monday)...

My original intention was to go, but I am leaning toward staying in Tulsa at this point...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• Texasgrip

• donkeylarry

I would not at all be surprised if we beat SDSU, Oakland, and NDSU all by double digits. This team has two options. 1. sing the "somebody done me wrong" song and Lay down with our tails between our legs. or 2. Get pissed, get even, and get three wins to rob NDSU of their NCAA hopes. I believe this team has what it takes to win the next three games. Coach Sutton will not allow this team to get down on themselves. They need to believe they can do it, and I believe they will.

I'm hoping we take care of business Saturday night, after my son's team wraps up its season in Bixby that afternoon.

Then, I'm likely up with the chickens Monday morning and making the trip just in time for the 8:30 p.m. tip with (presumably) Oakland for what should be a whale of a game in the semi's, hopefully followed by an equally scintillating final game with NDSU.

Weather permitting, of course...  :-P

alright good...a few more "I'll be there" and my inspiration to be there as well will increase...DonkeyLarry, you taking the Mrs. & your youngster with?  Come on people, I need to feel some more peer pressure here!!!

eagle-eye, I like where your heads at & love the confidence my man...love a guy that looks at the glass and sees it more than half full!  I love it!  :-D

Minyard, what's your plan???  Hit me sometime today live line and let's talk...

I plan on driving up with Minyard at this point.  I'll be taking the wife and little guy to our first round regional game in the NCAA's wherever that may be.

They way I look at it is  this...our guys can beat anybody at anytime. I feel like they have some magic left in the tank and I'm not ready for this season to be over.  I wish we were playing in Tulsa more than ever this year, but we just aren't.  With everything against us...a tourney win will be sweeter than ever before.

Come on...we need you!

They way I look at it is  this...our guys can beat anybody at anytime. I feel like they have some magic left in the tank and I'm not ready for this season to be over.  I wish we were playing in Tulsa more than ever this year, but we just aren't.  With everything against us...a tourney win will be sweeter than ever before.

It's sometimes forgotten that in all the years the tournament was played in Tulsa, ORU earned the #1 seed as the regular season champion.

And in all the other years it's been played in the Quad Cities, Fort Wayne, Kansas City, and now Sioux Falls, ORU has only once been the top seed, in 1999 when we lost to #2 seed and regular season co-champ Valpo in the finals, and only one other time been the #2 seed, in 1998 where we got upset by #3 Youngstown State in the semi's.

So while some may say, "Oh, sure, ORU had a great home court advantage in Tulsa - that's why they made it to four straight finals," it should be pointed out we also happened to have the best team in the league during that same four-year stretch.

So while some may say, "Oh, sure, ORU had a great home court advantage in Tulsa - that's why they made it to four straight finals," it should be pointed out we also happened to have the best team in the league during that same four-year stretch.

Agreed.  I think the seeds align great this year. It's a true representation of how they played in conference during the season. NDSU won it outright, no debating that. We should have taken care of business at IPFW and elsewhere, like NDSU did.  That's not saying that I don't like our chances in a 3 game series with our backs to the wall. I'm sure teams don't want to face Jarvis, Lewis, Sango, Ford and our legacy this weekend anymore than we want to face Woodside and Kangas again.

TheEagleman was just wondering....has SDSU played any games on this court in Sioux Falls this season?....if not, then it shouldn't be THAT huge of an advantage this Saturday night....obviously, they will have many more fans than ORU but we should be used to playing in front of hostile crowds...we have been at much worse over the past 3+ months....and the real home advantage is knowing the court and the rims....while ORU still needs to bring its A game to advance....we should certainly beat these Jackrabbits...ORU is definitely the better squad...... :wink:

TheEagleman was just wondering....has SDSU played any games on this court in Sioux Falls this season?....if not, then it shouldn't be THAT huge of an advantage this Saturday night....obviously, they will have many more fans than ORU but we should be used to playing in front of hostile crowds...we have been at much worse over the past 3+ months....and the real home advantage is knowing the court and the rims....while ORU still needs to bring its A game to advance....we should certainly beat these Jackrabbits...ORU is definitely the better squad...... :wink:

Isn't it true that SDSU has yet to win on a court other than their own all season? It looks like it is up to us to determine if their ability to win extends to the whole state of SD or just to their home court. My prediction is that they will discover that their win chances are limited to their court. :-D

+1 for Ron....SDSU stinks....that game last Thursday night was one our our worst and TheEagleman thinks we were looking ahead....this is a double digit win for our well rested good guys who should be plenty motivated after losing in the gold unis last week....we go back to white saturday night and wrap this one early so our starters can go back to the hotel and rest up for Oakland..... :-D

it will basically be a home game for SDSU... womens as we know is very good so that will help turnout for their mens team.  but i would say sdsu and ndsu both have big advantages playing in SF because they will both bring in a lot of fans

Any idea how many ORU fans will make the trip?

it will basically be a home game for SDSU... womens as we know is very good so that will help turnout for their mens team.  but i would say sdsu and ndsu both have big advantages playing in SF because they will both bring in a lot of fans

Any idea how many ORU fans will make the trip?

No idea;  it IS interesting, though, that by all appearances the normally warring SDSU and NDSU fans will more than likely join together in an "us vs. them" coalition for the tournament.

Isn't it true that SDSU has yet to win on a court other than their own all season? It looks like it is up to us to determine if their ability to win extends to the whole state of SD or just to their home court. My prediction is that they will discover that their win chances are limited to their court. :-D

Not true.  SDSU beat Iowa State in Ames and beat Central Arkansas in Cancun, Mexico.  With that said it is true we are much better at home then we are on the road.  We are 10-3 at home.  We have not played at the Sioux Falls Arena this year so it will be interesting to see if this is a "home" game or not. 

Thank you might like to check this out:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20090304/SPORTS0202/90304001/1002/SPORTS

After months of planning, Arena getting ready for tourney

terry vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • March 4, 2009

Sioux Falls was awarded the Summit League basketball tournament – a qualifier for the NCAA Division I Big Dance – in June 2007, and now the

16-team event is just days away. Conference officials began arriving Tuesday, teams begin trickling in Thursday and the first tipoff is at noon Saturday at the Arena.  .  .  .  (read more)

it will basically be a home game for SDSU... womens as we know is very good so that will help turnout for their mens team.

Have to wonder whether some of those SDSU fans who follow their women so faithfully will decide to head back to Brookings after their noon game, especially if the weather is dicey, rather than hang around  for the 8:30 p.m. men's tip-off.

At best, if ORU has a decent lead at the half, wouldn't be surprised to see a good number of them pack it in and head north on I-29...