Re: ORU Dance Team

oruvoice

Am I the only one that is dumbfounded by the fact that our "Dance Team" leaves basketball games at halftime?

Do they have that little school pride/self pride? Is another 45 minutes on the sideline cheering on/representing their school that difficult?

I'm sorry to nit-pick, but that is a joke.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• oruvoice

• Bogus Smith

• Old Titan

Top Posters In This Topic

I sit on the other end of the arena so to be honest, I hadn't noticed when they left.

It is sad that they would only come to do their routine then leave the game instead of cheering on the team.

I've only been to two of the three games, this year, and hadn't really noticed, but in the past they usually sit right in front of our seats and have stayed till the end of the games.  It's always a couple of those girls that hold the gates open for the kids on the "YMCA" deal. 

I'll have to watch next game to see what's going on with them.  If it was only one time, maybe there was something going on that they had to leave.  Hard for me to believe that they would only be expected to be at half of the game.  Did they leave after doing their halftime performance?

They have left at half time at EVERY home game, men's and women's.

Yes, they perform at halftime and take off.

Either stay the whole game or don't come at all.

I vote for don't come at all.

Oh, come on, Dr. C!  That's a nice bunch of girls, and they do a great job.  The dad of one of them is a regular on the board.  I'm sure that there's a reason for them leaving - just don't know what it is at this point.  We'll eventually find out what it is. 

It DOES seem appropriate for them to stay for the whole game, I'd say.

From what I understand, Rock the House had disbanded after last season.  They were "recruited" to stay together for this season; however, many of them did not want to make the commitment of every game and for all season.  That being said, I believe that their commitment is to attend select games and only have to stay until their  halftime routine is complete.

Whether I have the entire story correct or not or whether we agree with "the arrangement" or not - it is what it is.  It's sort of like some marriages - are you better off with them or without them?

What kind of commitment does it take to stay for an entire game - which only last about 1-1/2 hours?

I'm with Doc on this.... give 'em the boot.

Huh???

I guess I read too much of Ann Landers when I was younger!!  :-)  It's an old phrase that she used to use all the time when people wrote her.

What kind of commitment does it take to stay for an entire game - which only last about 1-1/2 hours?

I'm with Doc on this.... give 'em the boot.

Then talk to Game Ops...they make the call on that one - not the girls.

Then talk to Game Ops...they make the call on that one - not the girls.

So, the girls couldn't stay the second half and cheer for the teams?

They are FORCED to leave at half time?

We have a dance team?

Unless they start performing on the Mezz at halftime while I'm getting my soda and popcorn, or in the men's room behind Section "E", don't reckon I'm ever going to see 'em!  :-D

From what I understand, Rock the House had disbanded after last season.  They were "recruited" to stay together for this season; however, many of them did not want to make the commitment of every game and for all season.  That being said, I believe that their commitment is to attend select games and only have to stay until their  halftime routine is complete.

Whether I have the entire story correct or not or whether we agree with "the arrangement" or not - it is what it is.  It's sort of like some marriages - are you better off with them or without them?

Do they receive scholarship for this?

Do they receive scholarship for this?

I would hope not.

But, I would bet that they do. Just maybe not as much as in the past, might be a good guess. Remember, the "Rock The House" was a Lindsey "project" in the beginning, IIRC.

With cuts in a lot of areas, they MAY have cut back on that? Just a guess.

I just can't understand the philosophy of leaving a ball game at halftime? I guess I'm too old to understand???

I would hope not.

But, I would bet that they do. Just maybe not as much as in the past, might be a good guess. Remember, the "Rock The House" was a Lindsey "project" in the beginning, IIRC.

With cuts in a lot of areas, they MAY have cut back on that? Just a guess.

I just can't understand the philosophy of leaving a ball game at halftime? I guess I'm too old to understand???

Perhaps they feel uncomfortable with you leering at them...  8-)

Perhaps they feel uncomfortable with you leering at them...  8-)

I can assure you, that me "leering" at them is not a problem.

Now, that one new blonde cheerleader......perhaps.