Prospects for Fall Signing Period

Old Titan

Oh yeah....theEagleman mentioned to a longtime good friend today that ORU was playing UNC in December....the guy is a bigtime college basketball buff and travels to NC all the time on business....he's going to try to use up some favors to get us some tix.....then he cut me to the heart by saying..."that game has 85-50 written all over it"....ouch!.... :-P

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• darrenj

He was placed at RSU so that he can play 3 year at ORU instead of only two by going to  Juco and if he had went to juco he would have been recruited all over again...so the coaching staff did a great job and was smart enought to place him at an naia to keep him under their arms..He in fact will sit out next year but look at this way him and holter will be sophmores together so thats kind of a good deal for ORU...

Also talking to his aau coach after he began to have problems with his eligiblity....that next week he had calls from Kentucky, La Tech , Marquette, and a ton of mid-majors.They all tried to place him in a juco but he really like ORU and was willing to do anything to get there as fast as he can..

He was placed at RSU so that he can play 3 year at ORU instead of only two by going to  Juco and if he had went to juco he would have been recruited all over again...so the coaching staff did a great job and was smart enought to place him at an naia to keep him under their arms..He in fact will sit out next year but look at this way him and holter will be sophmores together so thats kind of a good deal for ORU...

Now THAT sounds sweet!!!

Now THAT sounds sweet!!!

+1

While I'm still kind of uncomfortable with this whole deal, I must admit that if everybody's on the same page, then it's all good!  :-D

+1 for dareal12...excellent inside info!!!...i like it....... 8-)

...but all that being said, I still think we should use our two remaining scholarships (after DBH) on new guys this fall or spring, if we find at least two who are worthy, and we can still make room for a transfer like Farrington next fall.

Because someone who is here now won't be here next year, either due to dissatisfaction with their playing time, or failure to maintain their grades, or one of the three who get the available scholarships won't qualify academically, or something like that - it's a fact of life in college basketball these days.

100% agree with your evaluation there, OT....as the old Youngblood saying used to go...one in the hand is worth two in the bush..... :-D

Oh yeah....theEagleman mentioned to a longtime good friend today that ORU was playing UNC in December....the guy is a bigtime college basketball buff and travels to NC all the time on business....he's going to try to use up some favors to get us some tix.....then he cut me to the heart by saying..."that game has 85-50 written all over it"....ouch!.... :-P

An 80-55 game after the last final of the fall semester - I don't think getting tickets will be a problem, even at UNC. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Lindsey Hughey (Grand Prairie, TX - 6-3/180 - Seminole J.C.), who had previously listed ORU and TU among schools expressing an interest, has committed to Weber State, according to Rivals.com.

• 2 weeks later...

A new name has popped up on the Rivals.com website as an ORU prospect:  Damon Warren (El Cerrito, CA - 6'9" - Worcester (MA) Academy.  Here's what they had to say about him:

"...another California native at Worcester Academy is former El Cerrito High standout Damon Warren, a 6-foot-9 post, who is in the post graduate program at the school. Warren is getting settled in the school and his recruitment is starting to pick up. Schools interested in Warren include Oral Roberts, Western Kentucky, St. Bonaventure, Marquette and Fresno State."

Also, senior big man and ORU prospect Monty Brown (Liberty, OK - 6'11" - 225) has transfered to The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, CT and is now listed as a 2010 prospect.  Looks like he's going for the "extra year" plan to develop his skills and build up his body before going on to college.

Also, senior big man and ORU prospect Monty Hall (Liberty, OK - 6'11" - 225) has transfered to The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, CT and is now listed as a 2010 prospect.  Looks like he's going for the "extra year" plan to develop his skills and build up his body before going on to college.

I can hear it now...."Let's Make a Deal"!!  :-D

Cole Stefan Talks Recruitment

Cole Stefan, a 6-foot-3 junior shooting guard from Minnetonka, is one of the top outside shooters in the Class of 2010. He helped lead Net Gain Sports to the Twin Cities Summer Classic title and the Gold Division championship in the adidas Supper 64 in Las Vegas. GoldenSports.Net recently caught up with Stefan at the Full Court Showcase this weekend to learn the latest on his recruitment.

What offers do you have right now?

"I have I believe six. Illinois State, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin Milwaukee, Oral Roberts, Montana State and South Dakota State."

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/800780.html

South Dakota State?.....Geez......why?....... :-D

South Dakota State?.....Geez......why?....... :-D

Oh, I don't know - maybe because his home state of Minnesota and South Dakota border each other??  :roll:

Another guard prospect on Rivals.com has listed ORU on his interest list:  Marcus Brister (6'-3" - 215 - Weatherford (TX) Community College).  Other schools on his list include TCU, Wichita State, Miami, Nebraska, North Texas, and Georgia State

I can hear it now...."Let's Make a Deal"!!  :-D

My bad; that's wrong - what I meant to write was "Bob Eubanks".

Or was it "Wink Martindale"?

Seriously:  it's Monty Brown, and it's been corrected in the original post.  :-P

My bad; that's wrong - what I meant to write was "Bob Eubanks".

Or was it "Wink Martindale"?

Seriously:  it's Monty Brown, and it's been corrected in the original post.  :-P

Well that stinks!  I was thinking that Sports Marketing could have a hey-day with that promotion during the time outs!!  :-D