• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• darrenj

I would think it's next fall/2009-10 season....we have no scholarships left for this year.........he's at a prep school this season.... :-P

The eagleman is correct - at this point we won't see DBH before Fall, 2009.  However, because he's at a prep school, when he does come he won't have to sit out a year, and he'll still have four years of eligibility.

Prep school always seems like a bit of a gamble, but, Larry, if we get a bigger, stronger, more experienced BH back next year, you're right, this is absolutely a win/win or should I say 20 + win/win for ORU and BH coming up.

He should be much more mature emotionally and physically at 19 or 20 next season...would be nice to have him this season but perhaps God's hand is in this one, huh?.....(not that theEagleman has a direct pipeline to the Lord.....)..... :-D

Really, if we are willing to be patient, and the player is willing to put the time in, like Ron said, we get a bigger, stronger, more experienced player;  the player has time to mature, and gain a firmer foundation both academically and athletically.  Too often the player is anxious to start, and the team is not willing to let him develop.

This will all work out very well - but only until we have his SIGNED letter of intent and he enrolls next August.  It is a positive step, however, that he has apparently verbally committed.

Farrington will be at ORU next yr so that leaves only one more scholarship. You guys will see him this year.

Because I live in Canada and probably won't see him this year (except if he is at NDSU in December), can you send me a picture (now) with a few other stats attached :-D?

Farrington will be at ORU next yr so that leaves only one more scholarship. You guys will see him this year.

That's great to hear, dareal12.  We can really use his athleticism and scoring ability.  Looking forward to seeing him this year.  Will he be on campus?

Scott Farrington is currently listed on the roster of Rogers State in Claremore, an NAIA school, and would presumably be available to play in their exhibition game against ORU in November.

The only way he could "be at ORU next year" is to transfer after this season and sit out a year, becoming eligible to play the 2010-2011 year as a sophomore. 

Even if he does follow through on transfering, it's not anything that would (or even could) be announced officially by ORU during the Fall '08 or Spring '09 signing periods - you would just see his name pop up on the roster about this same time next year.

Don't be surprised if ORU does in fact use both their remaining scholarships this fall or next spring, and then simply wait for "nature to take it's course" regarding the final roster for next fall.

Because I live in Canada and probably won't see him this year (except if he is at NDSU in December), can you send me a picture (now) with a few other stats attached :-D?

Sorry dareal, I thought you might have some kind of inside line on where the final remaining scholarship for next year was being allocated. I was getting all excited at this end. :-D

Does Farrington have to sit out a year even though Rogers State is only NAIA????

LOL...i will feel a lot closer when i add another 7.....if theEagleman stays up all night i think i can do it by sun up........ :-D

That's fantastic!!!

I have heard great things about him.