Prospects for Fall Signing Period

Old Titan

It appears that we will get a peek at Scott Farrington when Rogers State visits the Mabee Center for a preseason game. The coaches have spoken highly of him (good rebounder who is athletic) as a player. It will be nice to have him on our roster. I assume he will have to sit out a year as a transfer - or does that only count for D-1 transfers?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• darrenj

LOL...i will feel a lot closer when i had another 7.....if theEagleman stays up all night i think i can do it by sun up........ :-D

Hang in there eagleman. Only 6999 posts to get there. Even if you don't make it by sunup, at the rate you're going you might beat tmh to that magic ORU number :-D.

Is it only a rumor or does your post counter freeze when you get there? :-D

That's great to hear, dareal12.  We can really use his athleticism and scoring ability.  Looking forward to seeing him this year.  Will he be on campus?

BTW, tmh. While I'm congratulating people on their post count (and shamelessly padding mine a bit), congrats on #5500. :-D

Just watch out for eagleman. He just passed #777 with a glint in his eye, full steam ahead (how's that for a mixed metaphor).

Farrington will have to sit out next year after transfer and then will have 3 years left.

I'm unclear on Farrington's current status.  Did he enroll at an NCAA institution this year that he is transferring from?  Where is he today and why will it be two years before we see him playing for ORU in a game that counts?

I'm unclear on Farrington's current status.  Did he enroll at an NCAA institution this year that he is transferring from?  Where is he today and why will it be two years before we see him playing for ORU in a game that counts?

See my post at the top of this page.

It is interesting that he is at Roger's State and not a JuCo.  Why would the staff want him to go to a school for a year then have to transfer and sit out another year.  Sounds like they will be waiting to see what type of year he has before they have him transfer.  Sometimes a good athletic rebounder is too raw to improve to the D1 game (e.x Spicer) and they may want to have him develop and if does anything promising he can transfer if not I bet he stays put at Rogers State. 

See my post at the top of this page.

OK, got it now that I have read the thread closer!  That deserves a -1 for me, but I can't penalize myself.  Someone will have to do it for me!

OK, got it now that I have read the thread closer!  That deserves a -1 for me, but I can't penalize myself.  Someone will have to do it for me!

No problem there!  :-D +1 for me?

A player coming from NAIA would have three years of eligibility after redshirting versus having only two years after graduating from a JUCO.

HAPPY to oblige, bogus :-D :-D :-D!

A player coming from NAIA would have three years of eligibility after redshirting versus having only two years after graduating from a JUCO.

It would also mean that the player had qualified academically but didn't go straight to D-I for some other reason, right, Mike?

It would also mean that the player had qualified academically but didn't go straight to D-I for some other reason, right, Mike?

Did I hear an "Elementary, my dear Watson?"

I'm not an expert on this at all, but I would imagine this is how it works:

A player doesn't qualify for the NCAA because of some academic issues, but those issues don't keep him from playing NAIA.

Fast forward a year later... the same person applies in good standing to the NCAA a year later from an NAIA school with his previous high school academic issues erased.  The NCAA is just looking at the current situation. 

The same player going the JUCO route would actually have to graduate from the school in order to qualify for the NCAA.

I'm not commenting on any particular situation, but I think that's how it all works.

Am I the only one who feels like it's a bit presumptuous to assume a player is a lead pipe cinch to transfer away from a 4-year school before he's even played a minute there?

This isn't like we're talking about someone at a juco, who obviously can play only 2 years there, and who eventually will land somewhere else for his junior and senior years.

A player at a 4-year D-II or NAIA school could theoretically spend his entire college career there.

For that reason alone, I think it would be prudent to simply see how this year plays out for all involved, and THEN if someone decides to move to another school for whatever reason, so be it...  :-D

Am I the only one who feels like it's a bit presumptuous to assume a player is a lead pipe cinch to transfer away from a 4-year school before he's even played a minute there?

This isn't like we're talking about someone at a juco, who obviously can play only 2 years there, and who eventually will land somewhere else for his junior and senior years.

A player at a 4-year D-II or NAIA school could theoretically spend his entire college career there.

For that reason alone, I think it would be prudent to simply see how this year plays out for all involved, and THEN if someone decides to move to another school for whatever reason, so be it...  :-D

Yes, you're the only one feeling that way, OT. 

Yes...OT seems a bit testy lately......where is Mrs. OT when he needs her?.... :-D

Congrats on 5500, TMH...seems like just yesterday we were congratulating you on 5000.....my, how time flies....TheEagleman is only at 780 and never going to catch you....at least not until basketball season starts.....then i really will get going..... :-D