Prospects for Fall Signing Period

Old Titan

Fall Signing Date is roughly 60 days away, so it's not too early to start looking at who might be on ORU's radar. 

With three seniors (Lewis, Sango, Jarvis) leaving after this season, and assuming Damon Bell-Holter will be re-signed (?), we have just two schollies available for next year.

Take this list from Rivals.com of players that have indicated interest from ORU with a grain of salt:  some of these player profiles haven't been updated in months, a lot of these guys list every school that's ever so much as sent them a letter, and the ORU coaching always seems to have a diamond-in-the-rough or two that no one else knows about on these scouting websites:

POINT GUARD

Chase Elliott (3 stars) - Bristow, OK - 6-2/165 - NEO A&M J.C.

A.J. Broadnax - Russellville, AR - 5-10/170 - Russellville H.S.

Finis Craddock - Garland, TX - 6-0/165 - Garland H.S.

Landon Tatum - San Antonio, TX - 6-0/165 - South Plains C.C.

Javarez Willis - Dallas, TX - 5-11/160 - Pinkston H.S.

SHOOTING GUARD

Lane Adams - Red Oak, OK - 6-4/185 - Red Oak H.S.

Camron Catlett - San Antonio, TX - 6-2/175 - James Madison H.S.

Lindsey Hughey - Grand Prairie, TX - 6-3/180 - Seminole J.C.

SMALL FORWARD

Spencer Adams - Yakima, WA - 6-6/245 - Yakima Valley C.C.

J.B. Conley - Richardson, TX - 6-6/210 - Temple (TX) J.C.

POWER FORWARD

Tony Criswell - Midwest City, OK - 6-8/190 - Midwest City H.S.

Shawn Glover - Dallas, TX - 6-6/180 - Cedar Hill H.S.

Daequon Montreal - Syracuse, NY - 6-8/215 - College of Southern Idaho

CENTER

Monty Brown - Mounds, OK - 6-10/225 - Liberty H.S.

Will Reinke - Altus, OK - 6-10/245 - Altus H.S.

If you're looking for possible connections, Craddock is from Ken Tutt's hometown (but a rival school), Glover plays at Yemi's old high school (but everyone's after him), and Montreal played with Reggie Guyton last season at CSI.

Will be interesting to see if we end up signing any of these guys...  :-P

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• darrenj

Scout.com also lists a power forward named Kelly Lawson (6-8/205 - Pearland (TX) H.S.) as an ORU recruit, but Lawson's recently updated profile on Rivals.com does not list ORU as one of the schools still interested in him.

I have a feeling we will see one of those big guys at ORU next fall. (hopefully)!!!

Don't know that they need another guard  right now. Of course if they could find another Jarvis that would be nice!!!

In some respects we need a big man that can contribute immediately; on the other, it would sure be nice to get one of those HS recruits to compliment our other four year players. 

In some respects we need a big man that can contribute immediately; on the other, it would sure be nice to get one of those HS recruits to compliment our other four year players. 

How about a Caleb-esque high school senior who could do both

And, doesn't DBH fit that description? :-D

Obviously we would take the best player available - but I would think we are focusing on post players. It seems we have a plethora (love that word) of perimeter players. What we need are big guys. Though it would be nice to find another Larry Owens who could play almost every position.

How about a Caleb-esque high school senior who could do both

And, doesn't DBH fit that description? :-D

You betcha :wink:!!  I was already considering him in-pocket - he was one of the  ones to compliment!  I was thinking along the lines of one of those centers, maybe.  Hopefully we can get someone (in addittion to DBH) that can do both.

You betcha :wink:!!  I was already considering him in-pocket - he was one of the  ones to compliment!  I was thinking along the lines of one of those centers, maybe.  Hopefully we can get someone (in addittion to DBH) that can do both.

You betcha?!?!? What is this, Fargo? Marge Gunderson, is that you?

It sure will nice if Bell-Holter makes it back next fall and hopefully Farrington as well.

Still need another big and they are hard at work at it as usual!!!

I would think more of the power forward position.

Though it would be nice to find another Larry Owens who could play almost every position.

We may never see that again in school history.  He was a very special player, and maybe the best all-around player ORU has had since I've been around.

You betcha?!?!? What is this, Fargo? Marge Gunderson, is that you?

That's IT, ORUBB!  I've tried to be a nice guy to you, and that's what I get in return??  I helped get your user rating on the positive side of zero and you show your appreciation by MOCKING ME???  You get a BIG BOO for that, buster :wink:!!

Shawn Glover (Dallas, TX - 6-6/180 - Cedar Hill H.S.), one of the more highly-recruited prospects on ORU's list, announced his commitment today to the University of Utah, according to Rivals.com.

...another name for the list

Cole Stefan

Shooting guard

Minnetonka (MN) Minnetonka

AAU: Net Gain Sports

Ht: 6-foot-3

Wt: 180 lbs

Class: 2010 (High School)

According to Rivals.com, ORU has their first official "verbal commitment" for the fall signing period:  Damen Bell-Holter, 2-star, 6'9" post player out of New Hampton Prep School, via Ketchikan, Alaska.

Nice if we could just sign Caleb and Ken one more time, too...  :wink:

Outstanding!....it would be great to get DBH here for real next season!.... :-)