Prospects for Fall Signing Period

Old Titan

It would be a huge get!! CSI has been very good to ORU and hopefully

they can get him.

Farrington should be at ORU next year also. The frontline is looking good for next year!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

Given the big time schools that are after him now, I would be surprised (pleased) to get a player like Montreal. As I have said before, it is not a great sign that he has made an official visit and did not sign with us. He is apparently putting off his decision until the Spring  - which allows even more schools to entice him.

Let's hope his relationship with our coaches trumps everything else.

Farrington should be at ORU next year also. The frontline is looking good for next year!

Any transfer from a 4-year school, even one from an NAIA program, would have to sit out next year and would not be available until the 2010-11 season.

Frontline next year would be (so far):

Ford (senior)

Hardy (junior)

Bell-Holter (freshman)

Morton (sophomore)

We need another body or two to provide depth.

See OT that is what i depend on you for!! I had forgotten about that.

Yep they still need at least 1 or 2 bigs for next year and would be nice to get  a freshman point guard.

Everything always changes in recruiting that is for sure.

Fall signing period begins today (Nov. 12) and runs through next Wednesday, Nov. 19.

By all indications, 3-star post man Damen Bel-Holter will be our lone signee this fall - not sure when Media Relations will officially announce it, but Mike Brown had a blurb about it in his pre-game story for the SWOSU game, so presumably it's a done deal.

Bell-Holter should be a tremendous help underneath next season - he's a load.

Morrison and Bell-Holter on the same court will  be nice.... along with Pearson distributing the ball.

Fall signing period begins today (Nov. 12) and runs through next Wednesday, Nov. 19.

By all indications, 3-star post man Damen Bel-Holter will be our lone signee this fall - not sure when Media Relations will officially announce it, but Mike Brown had a blurb about it in his pre-game story for the SWOSU game, so presumably it's a done deal.

Bell-Holter should be a tremendous help underneath next season - he's a load.

One of the ladies that works for me has a son that will be signing a LOI to WRESTLE for OSU, and while I learned this fact earlier this AM, I just now put 2 + 2 together and realized that basketball early signing starts today as well, so I headed in here to post that fact, and you beat me by minutes, OT! 

As you said, we may not hear anything out of the Media Relations until the time is right, but hopefully DBH signs today, or soon!

With Bell-Holter, Ford and Morrison up front next year that is the best frontcourt in the conference.

Then with Pearson and the other guards that is a pretty good team next year!

Still in with Montreal and a couple of other bigs. Need to get lucky on one of these guys.

With Bell-Holter, Ford and Morrison up front next year that is the best frontcourt in the conference.

Then with Pearson and the other guards that is a pretty good team next year!

Still in with Montreal and a couple of other bigs. Need to get lucky on one of these guys.

Montreal would be an incredible catch for ORU.  We'd be beating out some big-time programs if we get him.

Kids like that  just depends on how much does he want to play and what he believes.

Some coaches will say whatever it takes to get the kid. Scott Sutton is not one of those guys.

He would be a very good player at ORU.

Not as much at Gonzaga and those type. More of a role player at that level.

Wonder if a recruit ever looks at a player like Caleb Green - who was a star at ORU and garnered all kinds of accolades. That would sure beat being a role player or just another player.

Wonder if a recruit ever looks at a player like Caleb Green - who was a star at ORU and garnered all kinds of accolades. That would sure beat being a role player or just another player.

Wonder if this isn't a two edged sword Terry....

What if kids look at Caleb and instead imagine being him in a positive light, they imagine being so good and still not making it to the big show.

Caleb is doing very well playing in Europe.

Yes he is but I was referring to the NBA.

I'm certainly not down playing everything Caleb has accomplished. I was simply expressing a thought....

I know, but the chances of a Summit League player making the NBA are low...... err, except for george Hill.

Just making the point that a player can come to a school like ORU and be 'big man on campus' - and make a good living afterwards.

• 2 months later...

SG Lane Adams commits to MSU.

Recruit's coach: MSU fans 'will love' Lane Adams

(excerpt)

Missouri State gained a basketball commitment for next season this morning when high-scoring guard Lane Adams of Red Oak, Okla., selected the Bears.

"Lane will work hard and the people there will love him," Red Oak High School coach Trey Booth said of Adams, who's averaging 32 points for a 22-1 team that is Oklahoma's No. 1-ranked team in Class B. That's the smallest classification in the state.

The 6-foot-4 Adams, who plans to sign during the April letter-of-intent period, said he selected MSU over Wichita State, North Texas, Tulsa, Oral Roberts and Gonzaga.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20090210/BLOGS0701/90210039