Scott Cherry blog

titansforever

Definitely...let's open the season at Duke or UNC....bring 'em on!!!... 8-)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LarryL

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

Ditto . . . or Villa Nova, Temple, or whoever the heck else wants a piece of this. :mrgreen:  (what my hair actually looked like at ORU)

Would love to see us open at Temple since i am a Philly guy...they are a good A-10 team but someone we could beat on the road..... 8-)

The thread that refuses to die  :-P . . .

Still has another 33% to grow before it even hits the Top 10 list though!!  :roll:

so what's the latest on our non-league foes for 2008-9?...any interesting home games?...and please don't tell me St. Gregory's....hey, how about we bring in Dallas Baptist...if we can't beat them in baseball....maybe we would have better luck in roundball?.... :-D

Ugh!.....bring back Valpo!.......... :evil:

so what's the latest on our non-league foes for 2008-9?...any interesting home games?...and please don't tell me St. Gregory's....hey, how about we bring in Dallas Baptist...if we can't beat them in baseball....maybe we would have better luck in roundball?.... :-D

:?

ORU was 2-2 vs. Dallas Baptist this past season - a lot better than some other NCAA-qualifying teams fared against them this year.

As I remember, people in the blue section were told they could come down, but a large majority didn't move. It didn't make sense, because the t-shirts were in the gold section and they might have gotten one to put on if they had moved down. Voice could probably remember more clearly.

At that point I was pretty wet from tailgating in the rain, but it was a lot of fun and I would do it again!  :lol:

You are so right.  The tailgating was a blast.  We've GOT to keep that going. 

I love the passion from everyone in this thread.  I, like Golden Boy have been on semi-hiatis from posting but a thread like this is worth a note.  I'm not quite as old  :-D as several of you and I'm not young anymore like orusenior, etc  :oops:

I, Jason, OKCeagle, etc lived through the NAIA days and never wish to be back there. 

The attendance against CU wasn't what we wanted but the atmosphere was good. 

No, there aren't enough students coming to games, but come on, "what the heck can you do"?

Scheduling great home games is tough all around.  The coaching staff is doing a great job each year of getting us a schedule that will allow the possibility of a 53 RPI by the end of the year.

Inflating attendance - whatever, let it go.  who cares?

"bring valpo back"????? are you kidding?  They'd just bring our RPI down more :evil:

Lets keep the LOVE for our basketball team and our school flowing boys and girls.  This kind of semi-heated debate is a great sign that the passion is there.  Let's do what we all can to make it grow.

Sorry to disagree with you, Eddie but no current team in the Summit brings the passion to Mabee Center like Valpo-ORU did....nothing is close....and look at attendence....you guys are bringing in 4500-5500  game and Valpo used to draw 7500-8000.....it had to have been a more raucous atmosphere and a great rivalry...Oakland?...IUPUI?...not making it.....+1 for TheEagleman..... :-D

And Valpo is STILL o-for-ever in the Mabee Center..... great memories of ORU pulling off some improbable victories against some strong Valpo teams. Homer and his squads seemed to always tense up. Saw several games where Homer just plain got out-coached.

I would still like to see a Valpo-ORU series, because Valpo is a decent mid-major team, and they will have a better RPI than many of our opponents next year, including the vast majority of Summit opponents.

I don't know if the same passion would be there though since Valpo isn't in the league anymore and hasn't had recent post-season success like they previously had.  Nonetheless, the history of the ORU-Valpo series shouldn't just be brushed aside.  There were many great games and most of the games were close right to the end.

ORU-Valpo would still be great....bring them back!.....and i miss Valpo89..... :-D

The only reason Valpo drew more fans was because of Bryce Drew and "The Shot", and their 10-year run in the NCAA - they were clearly the team to beat.  Same reason why we are the largest draw now on every other Summit League team's home schedule.

If (heaven forbid) NDSU or Oakland or someone else goes to the dance a couple years in a row instead of us, they will become a big draw in the Mabee Center.