Why are we still in the Summit League???...

theeagleman5

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ron

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

Oakland just picked up Matt Samuels a PG from VA that had originally committed to Wyoming.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/ ... 2343.shtml

In the article, they talked about this being Oakland's best recruiting class. If that's true, it looks like we're in for a little competition for a while in the Summit. Good news!

Sounds like Oakland, IUPUI, NDSU and ORU are gonna battle it out at the Top....all have a shot at knocking off a BCS league team...should be a great season....but stop licking your chops, Ron...no way you are getting that free dinner...NDSU is not THAT good....no offense, FargoBoy...not yet but maybe some day they will invite NDSU into the Big Ten..... :-D

Thread without a point.

Although, if someone is suffering from insomnia, just have them try to read thru this baby!

I need a nap.

Here's a thought:  instead of dropping by every week or so and complaining about the content of this message board, how about contributing something of value to discuss?

Like whether or not your blessed Memphis Tigers are secretly negotiating to join the Big East, effective when that league's current TV contract expires in 2011?

And, if so, how on earth they expect to compete in football against the likes of West Virginia, Miami, Louisville, etc.?

And, if their departure will force C-USA to add several new schools, resulting in two large divisions that would never play each other except in the conference postseason championships?

Hey, those are three pretty good questions.

Guess we really don't need your input after all... :wink:

Ouch!....or how about I am wondering if Coach Calipari can lube his SUV with all that S%#&*T he puts on his head???..... :-D

Here's a thought:  instead of dropping by every week or so and complaining about the content of this message board, how about contributing something of value to discuss?

Like whether or not your blessed Memphis Tigers are secretly negotiating to join the Big East, effective when that league's current TV contract expires in 2011?

And, if so, how on earth they expect to compete in football against the likes of West Virginia, Miami, Louisville, etc.?

And, if their departure will force C-USA to add several new schools, resulting in two large divisions that would never play each other except in the conference postseason championships?

If Memphis leaves for the Big East, which I hope they do because I'm a huge Big East guy being born and raise in Southwestern PA... huge WVU fan  now living in Syracuse... I can only imagine 10 teams from the Big East getting in the dance.... but thats just my thoughts...

The reason I posted this, if the C-USA loses Memphis and picks us up... I don't know about anyone else.... but I would LOVE to play Tulsa twice a year, imagine that, I could even see the conference tournament ending up in Tulsa if that were the case!

TU fans would leap en masse from the BOK Tower like a herd of lemmings if any conference they belonged to took ORU as a member.

Besides, don't all C-USA members play D-1 football?

At least, they all try to compete in Division 1.  Whether some of them - such as Rice - are actually playing D-1 football when they take the field is a topic for debate.

TU fans would leap en masse from the BOK Tower like a herd of lemmings if any conference they belonged to took ORU as a member.

Now that's an image that is worth lingering on a while . . .

Besides, don't all C-USA members play D-1 football?

At least, they all try to compete in Division 1.  Whether some of them - such as Rice - are actually playing D-1 football when they take the field is a topic for debate.

Lots of issues with that, but football is the most obvious.  I wouldn't hold my breath . . .

LOL @ the Rice comment.  I hate those guys, er that guy.  I used to really bag on UTEP and Fresno fans for supporting a questionable product, but I've since realized they at least support their team.  Rice fan is unbelieveably hateful while not supporting their team.  It's like performance art with some sort of underlying irony about playing D-1 sports while hating them.  They remind (he reminds) me of the French guys in Holy Grail . . .

All that said, they have  (he has) an NFL guy or two on their (his) team.  Rice will score a lot of points.  Too bad there will be no one to watch Rice play at 60,000 seat Rice stadium.

Memo to "Meatloaf":

Don't ever change your avatar, bro - I crack up every time I see it!  :lol:

Miami is in the ACC.

Gold +1

Meatloaf +1

Old Titan -1

Still waiting for your next (first?) post with an actual "take".  :roll: