Sean Sutton Out at OSU?

Old Titan

In fact, based on the strength of Kansas' program, you could make a serious case for saying that Self was out-coached by McKillop in that Davidson-Kansas game.

Oh, man, let's not get THAT started again  :-D!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ron

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man, let's not get THAT started again  :-D!

Yeah, it's amazing how many times Self got "out-coached" while winning all 6 games in that tournament.

MARKED

Marked? 

jk Senior, I really thought you may have had some inside info?

Marked? 

jk Senior, I really thought you may have had some inside info?

Yeah - I guess not so much...throw me in with the other losers on this one  :-D

i can't imagine the cowboy faithful will be too happy...not exactly the big name i think pickens and holder imagined they would get.

in a word...underwhelming.

IUPUI punked UMass this past year.

Don't know much about Ford....it is certainly an interesting choice. Does he have any recruiting contacts in this part of the country? Do you think he would consider hiring Barry Hinson to bring a "Cowboy" connection to his staff?

They say coaches sometimes make "lateral moves"; can you say "lateral hire"?

OSU just hired a diminutive, 40-ish former point guard with Kentucky roots, who's post-season highlight is taking his team to the NIT in back-to-back years.

Basically, Sean Sutton, version 2.0.

Just a little more buttoned-down, ala Barry Hinson.

Call this guy "Sean Hinson".

Or, "Barry Sutton".

If he perspires heavily while stomping his feet on the sidelines, this may be proof of some sort of T. Boone-funded morphing experiment.

Welcome to "Jurassic Poke".

Either way, not the proverbial "home run hire" we had been led to expect.

More like a ground-rule double...  :roll:

They say coaches sometimes make "lateral moves"; can you say "lateral hire"?

OSU just hired a diminutive, 40-ish former point guard with Kentucky roots, who's post-season highlight is taking his team to the NIT in back-to-back years.

Basically, Sean Sutton, version 2.0.

Just a little more buttoned-down, ala Barry Hinson.

Call this guy "Sean Hinson".

Or, "Barry Sutton".

If he perspires heavily while stomping his feet on the sidelines, this may be proof of some sort of T. Boone-funded morphing experiment.

Welcome to "Jurassic Poke".

Either way, not the proverbial "home run hire" we had been led to expect.

More like a ground-rule double...  :roll:

Nice spot on the Animal today OT

I was kind of hoping you would drop a line about the baseball game last night  8-)

Am I the only one who thinks a thread about Oklahoma State basketball is TOTALLY USELESS on the ORU message board?

I will move this thread to the "I don't give a Rat's Arse" message board.

Am I the only one who thinks a thread about Oklahoma State basketball is TOTALLY USELESS on the ORU message board?

Uh, I don't think we have a board by the name, voice, but I'll talk to the powers that be and see if they can start one for you :wink:.

This isn't about OSU basketball.

It's about a local recruiting rival and occasional opponent screwing over our head coach's brother and dad.

That makes it personal.  :x

I'm with you on that, OT.  This IS personal . . .

It's about a local recruiting rival and occasional opponent screwing over our head coach's brother and dad.

Ford, who reached a new deal on a contract at UMass less than a week ago, planned to meet with the UMass team in Amherst on Wednesday, Gottlieb reported.

A week ago, at the Minutemen's end-of-season banquet, UMass athletic director John McCutcheon announced Ford, who had just turned down an offer from Providence, would be staying and had reached a new deal, but would not discuss its terms.

This serves as a VIVID REMINDER that in the head coaching world, no matter what you think, or how certain things appear, you're NEVER SAFE from losing your coach.

Local recruiting rival? Are you drunk?

Occasional opponent? Are you asleep? We haven't played them in a DECADE until ESPN put together the "brother" game last year and that will never happen again, even if Sean were still at OSU.

As far as it being "personal".....look, I'm sorry that Sean lost his job. But, he's bringing home like $20,000 per month for the next 10 years! I bust my hump EVERY SINGLE DAY just to scratch out (in a year) what he'll make in the next 6 months doing NOTHING!

And, he can go out and get another nice paying job TOMORROW to 'supplement' his income. So, when you say "it's personal", I just have to chuckle a little bit.

He is an EXTREMELY wealthy man who coaches basketball, to attain those MILLIONS of dollars! Sorry if I don't get all EMOTIONAL and fell PERSONALLY insulted by his horrible treatment.