• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ron

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Lincoln is on the Sports Animal today and he said he talked to Eddie this morning and Eddie had no idea.

If it is true this will really divide the OSU fans.

This could cause a MAJOR domino effect.

What if Boone Pickens is prepared to pay millions of dollars a year for a longtime contract?

It will not be enough to tempt Bill Self away from one of the greatest jobs in all of college basketball at Kansas (Self is holding out for $5 million a year from the Sonics when they move to OKC, anyway).  But will big money be enough to lure any of these guys?

Jamie Dixon - Pittsburgh He's a TCU grad and knows the Big XII area.

Tony Bennett - Washington State Simply the hottest young coach in college basketball.

Tim Floyd - USC  Former Iowa State and Chicago Bulls coach has made it known he wants back in the Big XII.

Lon Kruger - UNLV  Former K-State and Atlanta Hawks coach, same deal as Floyd above.

Billy Gillespie - Kentucky  Can't have had much fun with the Wildcats fans at his heels all this past season, plus he's a gypsy.

John Calipari - Memphis  You laugh, but big money and big-time conference might make the difference.  A chance to make NBA money without the headaches.

Tubby Smith - Minnesota  Same deal as Calipari above.

Crazy thoughts, but money makes people do crazy things:  Bobby Knight (he still thinks he can coach), Larry Brown (the only reason he left college basketball was for NBA money), Mark Few of Gonzaga (no ties to area, but a couple of mil a year can pay for a pretty good moving company).

This could cause a MAJOR domino effect.

What if Boone Pickens is prepared to pay millions of dollars a year for a longtime contract?

It will not be enough to tempt Bill Self away from one of the greatest jobs in all of college basketball at Kansas (Self is holding out for $5 million a year from the Sonics when they move to OKC, anyway).  But will big money be enough to lure any of these guys?

Jamie Dixon - Pittsburgh He's a TCU grad and knows the Big XII area.

Tony Bennett - Washington State Simply the hottest young coach in college basketball.

Tim Floyd - USC  Former Iowa State and Chicago Bulls coach has made it known he wants back in the Big XII.

Lon Kruger - UNLV  Former K-State and Atlanta Hawks coach, same deal as Floyd above.

Billy Gillespie - Kentucky  Can't have had much fun with the Wildcats fans at his heels all this past season, plus he's a gypsy.

John Calipari - Memphis  You laugh, but big money and big-time conference might make the difference.  A chance to make NBA money without the headaches.

Tubby Smith - Minnesota  Same deal as Calipari above.

Crazy thoughts, but money makes people do crazy things:  Bobby Knight (he still thinks he can coach), Larry Brown (the only reason he left college basketball was for NBA money), Mark Few of Gonzaga (no ties to area, but a couple of mil a year can pay for a pretty good moving company).

Bill Self is their ONLY chance at a big name.  Stillwater is next to impossible to recruit people live for two to five years.  OSU will have to get an assistant coach from a BCS school or go get a mid-major head coach.

The OSU job is not better than the Indiana, Cal or LSU jobs.  OSU will have to wait and see who those three hire before they can go get anyone.

If you'd ever been to Spokane, WA, you'd know Mark Few isn't moving to Stillwater, OK.

I agree with the many of you that believe it may be too early to let Sean go but I do disagree with the bulk of you on this...

I say that after KU's season is over - Self leaves.

We all know how powerless KU seems to be when it comes to keep their coaches from going back to their alma mater.

Yes UNC is a step up from KU and yes OSU is a step down BUT I think there is something to be said about Mr. Boone and the idea that Self may be looking for a place to stay for a long time.

My prediction - KU loses their next game and Self comes back to Oklahoma.

May I also say this - above all else - as a community, lets keep the Sutton family in our prayers. If Scott is family...so is Sean.

May I also say this - above all else - as a community, lets keep the Sutton family in our prayers. If Scott is family...so is Sean.

Couldn't agree more, senior.

Bill Self is their ONLY chance at a big name.  Stillwater is next to impossible to recruit people live for two to five years.  OSU will have to get an assistant coach from a BCS school or go get a mid-major head coach.

The OSU job is not better than the Indiana, Cal or LSU jobs.  OSU will have to wait and see who those three hire before they can go get anyone.

Frankly, they have enough money to buy a name - it may not be anyone we all like or respect, but they will buy somebody with a name.

It just takes one...  :|

Bill Self coaches at Kansas.  Kansas is a premiere basketball school.  There is no way Self takes a step down to go to OSU.  Self will be at Kansas a long time and maybe move to a bigger school later on.  He won't take a step backwards. 

I would be surprised if Self returned to Stillwater.

Forget about OSU's next coach - I want their players!

Wouldn't Keiton Page and Martavious Adams look good in Golden Eagle gear next year?

Come play for the Sutton who goes to the NCAA every year, fellas!  :wink:

You know that every coach in the country is trying to raid that roster. Page would fill our need for a point guard next year! Lol!