Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

ASH, this is an ORU Sports message board not some full blown inquest into whether or not some person with the last name Clarke is using a computer at some point on the North American continent. If you want to discuss Rotnei Clarke's recruitment or his game fine but any further attempts to post rumors will be deleted.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

There is absolutely no way to determine if that quote (since removed) is from Conley Clarke or not, IP addresses be damned.

I find it interesting that a TU fan finds it necessary to post on the ORU message board a potentially incendiary quote of questionable origin and intent, a post deemed so controversial on the TU message board that it was eventually eliminated by their message board administrator.

In light of the dubious nature of the Conley Clarke post, and the rather obvious intent of the TU fan to embarrass all involved with ORU by posting it here, I think Doc or Terry should immediately remove it. (already done).

FYI... Ash is an ORU fan.  The quote that was posted wasn't that incendiary -- it definitely isn't the worst of the lot.  Then again, for what it's worth, I woudn't have posted it here, either.  FYI2... if you read the TU Rivals board, the moderator clearly states that the thread was deleted for other reasons, in this case Phoggy's attempt to cover his own patootie.  Only a few know the answers to the other issues.

FYI... Ash is an ORU fan. 

Wow, it's a good thing you clarified that, because he has a funny way of showing it.

Just because someone follows a rival of his favorite team and occassionally attends their games does not necessarily make that person a "fan" of that team - it just makes him better educated about that rival.

Except in this case.  :x

He is a fan.

I have to seriously question the loyalty of a "fan" who pulled a stunt like Ash did today, regarding the reputed posts from Conley Clarke.

He had to realize before he did it that it would just irritate every true ORU fan, humiliating Clarke and the coaching staff in the process, with absolutely no positive benefits to be gained in the end.

That makes him a critic, or a cynic, or perhaps even a hypocrite

But not a fan.

What a freakin' joke. This all seems pretty convenient- "Conley Clarke" posts disparaging comments on TU's board. Ash then hurries to post them over here, and on the same day Gold pops up with his usual backhanded suggestions for the ORU program, staff, etc. The most obvious conclusions never satisfy the trolls though...

I can't wait for November, I am weary of the Rotnei Sweepstakes. I hope he comes here, he'll have more success at a place like ORU, yada, yada, yada... But I like the group we have coming in this year

WOW, typical. The re-poster is somehow the one who did something wrong? Rumor or not, there is a loose canon IMHO. I am not the problem here, whoever is openly interacting with other fans message boards is the problem. Not mentioning it here wont make it go away. If it is not Coach Conley, then he probably should find out who it is and shut them up. If it is him, I dont think he is doing service to his son or ORU by such action. Like it or not, I am, and always have been a fan of ORU and this rubs me the wrong way.

ash  =o)

Calm down and please read my original post. I said pretty clearly that I thought it was not him but rather a friend/relative posing as him. I have it save for anyone who wants to privately see it. It is nothing controversial but it does not seem eloquent. I dismissed it until I saw other comments on other teams boards. I started nothing, whoever is posting all over the internet saying they are Conley Clarke is the problem...

ash  =o)

What a freakin' joke. This all seems pretty convenient- "Conley Clarke" posts disparaging comments on TU's board. Ash then hurries to post them over here, and on the same day Gold pops up with his usual backhanded suggestions for the ORU program, staff, etc. The most obvious conclusions never satisfy the trolls though...

I can't wait for November, I am weary of the Rotnei Sweepstakes. I hope he comes here, he'll have more success at a place like ORU, yada, yada, yada... But I like the group we have coming in this year

I meant no offense.  Sorry you took it that way and that I get under your skin.  I saw an over-reaction and I was sticking up for Ash.

Ash didn't hurry to post it over here -- it was several hours later.  What "backhanded suggestions" did I make?  The only sentence that I posted that could conceivably read as "backhanded" had to do with the wisdom of re-posting the comments HERE, where I disagreed with Ash (but in effect agreed with your moderator).  For the love, I think Ash would be happy if Rotnei played for you guys -- would give him reason to be a stick in the mud on the TU boards.  :-D  Plus, he is a fan of ORU.

If you actually saw what the purported Mr. Clarke said on the TU board, it was not disparaging towards ORU at all.  To wit, it was complimentary of Scott Sutton and said he was the classiest coach in the country and that everyone should be glad he lives in Tulsa.  He actually asked what was wrong if RC went to ORU.  Another poster, I believe an ORU fan, re-posted comments from that account on other boards that, in my opinion, weren't all that negative about ORU.

Edit: if you actually saw the entire thread, which you clearly did not, the TU fans had nothing negative to say about ORU.  I came away impressed that ORU fans and TU fans were joining together against Phoggy, who got exposed today -- I actually think that's why it stayed up so long.  If you had seen what Phoggy implied by his comments and how far he went with it, you wouldn't be happy.

Weird, the only place Gold and I can agree are on the ORU board. Again, if you want to see the comment made, I have a grab. Doesnt sound like a coach but the person talked negatively about is a TU poster... It was posted here originally to see if anyone here knew what was up. The post actually defended the fact that Rotnei might choose ORU.

ash  =o)

Listen, Adder, there's no time for work around here!  If you work, you get left behind - that's all there is to it!

Wow, I guess while I was busy at work we had some action on here (or the TU board).

It's probably for the best that I was working,  so now I can only wonder what I missed ?  :?

It's probably for the best that I was working,  so now I can only wonder what I missed ?  :?

It's been an interesting day on the boards . . .

Here is the moderator safe wrap up for those who missed it. Someone posted on the TU board in response to a TU/KU fan saying that RC was not athletic enough for KU and the like. The response was emotional but only said anything negative about the TU/KU fan, it was very complimentary of ORU and even hinted that may be where Rotnei ends up. The tone, spelling, punctuation, etc. seemed like someone who was upset but not like someone who is a D1 coach.

I copied the post over here (several hours later) and clearly noted that it was likely a relative/friend posing. I was fishing for info, like "oh, that is probably his crazy Uncle Larry, Coach Clarke would never do that." I figured there would be more info over here. I invite those who question me on this to visit any top 100 schools message boards. Standard fair. The TU thread escalated to an uncomfortable place and people chased down links from other fan boards that had very legit looking posts from "Conley Clarke" that were professional and full of inside info that led you to believe it was indeed really him. The TU thread was correctly deleted as it was treading on some potentially dangerous ground.

I continued to post here after I read the posts on other message boards because it rubbed me the wrong way AS AN ORU ADMIRER (I wont say "fan" to make Old Titan happy). Maybe it is Coach Clarke, maybe not but it is very much someone in the know. It is my gut feeling that the posts on the other boards are indeed him. An ORU coach pandering to a fan message board about an ORU recruit in such a public forum where it can be scrutinized ad nauseum without perspective, is bad bad news. As a fan, scratch that, admirer, I don't like it and I can promise you Coach Sutton doesn't.

Want to know what was said? There is nothing scandalous but Google is your friend. As far as the deleted post, I have a screen grab, not meant as evidence or anything malicious but rather as perspective on what was really said and how it was actually complimentary of ORU. If you want it let me know.

ash  =o)

Lots of action on this thread since i last read. It's deteriorating quickly...can't say that I'd be opposed to it getting locked and all further discussion of Rotnei be moved to a new thread...but that's just me.

Lots of action on this thread since i last read. It's deteriorating quickly...can't say that I'd be opposed to it getting locked and all further discussion of Rotnei be moved to a new thread...but that's just me.

I agree - lock it.

And vigorously monitor any future posts involving recruiting.

Guys... I am in western Kansas on a business trip and can only access the message board through my Blackberry. Doc may be able to lock it at lunch.