* * * Head Coaching Jobs Watch * * *

Old Titan

I wonder if the coaches saw all of our musings they wouldn't find them amusing . . .

I gotta believe someone is monitoring our thoughts -- and maybe even adding some direction to them.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• vcboy2000

McKenna is 47 years old, a former player for the Blue Jays back in the late 70's, and has been an assistant at Creighton for nine years.

Hard to imagine McKenna would leave Creighton and the opportunity to move up to that head coaching job if he thought Altman might be leaving for Iowa or Arkansas . . .

McKenna's move may be further evidence that Altman isn't going anywhere soon.

EXCELLENT point, OT, and probably the best evidence out there that Altman stays put.

I gotta believe someone is monitoring our thoughts -- and maybe even adding some direction to them.

You remember Sauron, that big EYE from Mordor in the "Lord of the Rings" movies, that could see everything and everywhere? 

Well, that's what I think of every time I see Blevins listed at the top of the page viewing the board!!

JK CB :-D!

Mordor.png

You know, CB looks a little bit like that erupting volcano, usually when someone who doesn't belong walks into the Mabee Center press room or the Johnson Stadium press box!  :-D

That's why I sent my youngest son up to the press box to buy a media guide at the last game!!  Happy to report he returned unharmed . . .

Guest Blevins

That's why I sent my youngest son up to the press box to buy a media guide at the last game!!  Happy to report he returned unharmed . . .

I did charge him an extra five bucks just for coming in, though.

Wow! This is the thread that keeps on giving! IF Majerus does go to Iowa, then it will make this whole thing a lot more interesting for ORU! :-)

I did charge him an extra five bucks just for coming in, though.

I do the same thing with my son when anyone in our family wins Baseball Bingo!

I miss Sidney in the press box with the free food - though I don't honestly miss the $.99 sandwiches from Wal-Mart.  The Snickers and bananas were always appreciated, though.

Back when Sunny was around, we had stuff from The Pink House - AWESOME!

OK, I must remind myself this thread is supposed to be about basketball coaching changes, not baseball press box food and decorum.

I now return us to our regular programming with this thought:  it's obvious Fran Fraschilla, ESPN's designated color guy for games in this region, and the color guy on the last two Mid-Con championship games at the UMAC, would love to get back into coaching somewhere in the Southwest (he was at New Mexico years ago).

If Scott was to leave anytime in the near future, wonder if Coach Fran would apply at ORU?

Wonder if he'd get it?

Wonder if he could get us a game or two on "The Worldwide Sports Leader"?

Doug Gottlieb just reported on the OKC "Sports Animal" that the buzz at the Final Four in Atlanta is Sean Sutton to Arkansas!

Makes sense when you think about it:  the Sutton name in Fayetteville, the regional ties of Sean recruiting the area, more money (he makes $700,000 at OSU), a big enough name for the Hog boosters, the rumor that Boone Pickens never was on board with Sean getting the OSU job in the first place, etc.

This whole soap opera just gets better and better... 8-)

So I'm guessing if Boone didn't want Sean to get the job, there wouldn't be any chance or rumors of Scott moving over to Stillwater if Sean made the move....right?

That would be a "Poke" in the eye.... (sorry) for the Cowboys. It makes sense because the Hogs still have fond memories of how Eddie built the program.

Upon reflection, I'm not sure how the Hog fans would react to this. They expect a seasoned, big name coach.... and I'm not sure that Sean fits the bill. It all depends on how this weekend goes and how hard it is for Frank Broyles to find a replacement for Stan Heath. There are a lot of things in motion.... the dust should start to settle on Wednesday. Or at least the dominoes will begin to fall.

OK, I must remind myself this thread is supposed to be about basketball coaching changes, not baseball press box food and decorum.

I now return us to our regular programming with this thought:  it's obvious Fran Fraschilla, ESPN's designated color guy for games in this region, and the color guy on the last two Mid-Con championship games at the UMAC, would love to get back into coaching somewhere in the Southwest (he was at New Mexico years ago).

If Scott was to leave anytime in the near future, wonder if Coach Fran would apply at ORU?

Wonder if he'd get it?

Wonder if he could get us a game or two on "The Worldwide Sports Leader"?

Okay, I've already gone on the record that I'm against finding Scott's replacement while he's still at the helm, but I continue to believe that his replacement comes from within.

Doug Gottlieb just reported on the OKC "Sports Animal" that the buzz at the Final Four in Atlanta is Sean Sutton to Arkansas!

Get real guys....do most of the "Sports Animal" guys keep Scott & Sean's names straight. They could have been referring to either one of them.  :wink:

Mom, are you sure you're not thinking of AM 1430 The Zinger.

I heard the interview with Doug on the Animal, and he said that Sean to Arkansas was pure speculation. He also said that for the most part he thought that the fans would be pleased with Sean because the Sutton legacy in Arkansas is still strong, but that the name wouldn't immediately put butts in the seats like a Billie Gillespie. Also said that Scott is probably on the list and they are keeping tabs on his development, but Sean would be next in line. He also said that he felt a higher level mid-major program (Creighton) would be a good next step for Scott, which is still not entirely out of the question if Florida and West Virginia lose there coaches in the next week.

The Worldwide Leader In Sports is reporting that Kentucky has prepared an initial offer that they will show to Billy Donavan after the Final Four for $2.8 Million a year with incentives and bonuses worth up to $3.5 Million. Florida was reportedly going to offer the same raise before the Kentucky job came open, so it is possible that we will likely see Kentucky raise its offer significantly, which I'm sure is what they are prepared to do. Let the coaching auction begin!!!

Al Eshbach and John Rhode touched on the "Sean-to-Arkansas" rumor around 6:00 on The Sports Animal.

In typical Eshbach fashion, he spilled the beans about Jim Traber calling Sean Sutton off the air on his cell phone at The Final Four to ask him about the rumor.

According to Eshbach, Sean told Traber he was not going anywhere.

Between talk radio and message boards, rumors these days can flare up and die down in just a matter of hours.