* * * Head Coaching Jobs Watch * * *

Old Titan

I would have to think that he would. It is close to Oklahoma, would mean more money and a stronger conference. It all depends on what Scott wants. He is comfortable at ORU and there is little pressure - relative to other places.

I hope he doesn't leave, but would understand given the reasons listed above. Scott is a very nice fit  for ORU.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• vcboy2000

Arkansas fans are saying that CBS Sportsline is reporting that John Pelphrey is the new Hog Coach.

Pelphrey played at Kentucky and coached with Billy Donovan at Marshall and Florida.

Bio

Been there five years; first three years were mediocre while last two years have been good. Won the Sub Belt but lost in the conference tournament and took the team to the NIT. Arkansas either got turned down some more or they decided to go with a 'Southern' boy. Greg Marshall's resume puts this guy to shame....

If Pelphrey and Turgeon both move, I bet that puts Scott at the top of the list to take the Witchita State job.  MO Valley.

Looks like Turgeon is moving to Texas A&M - at least that is what the Houston Chronicle and the Texas A&M message board think. I suspect that this will open up discussions with Scott Sutton - if he is interested. He will at least listen to what they have to say.

Arkansas fans are saying that CBS Sportsline is reporting that John Pelphrey is the new Hog Coach.

They were just talking on 1550 about the Arkansas hire, and pointing out that this guy's credentials are really no better, and perhaps not as good, as Scott Sutton's.  It's interesting that Arkansas showed no interest in Scott - then again, maybe they asked him and he wasn't interested.  I wonder if we'll ever know?

Arkansas 'settled'.... I have to believe that Scott saw that soap opera and decided it was not worth it. Texas A&M fans are saying that Turgeon spurned Arkansas.

Arkansas 'settled'.... I have to believe that Scott saw that soap opera and decided it was not worth it. Texas A&M fans are saying that Turgeon spurned Arkansas.

There were probably more coaches that we don't know about that spurned the job. Things will be worse before they get any better. I wish Arkansas the best with their new direction. Hopefully the will be patient with their new coach.

We should give Scott a contract extension, after all he is one of the lowest paid coaches in the NCAA and has had 3 straight 20 win seasons

I agree that he deserves a bump in pay.... but we cannot compete with Wichita State.

they are never going to pay $750,000 for a head coach. Heck they are not going to pay that as a total for all 4 coaches!!

If WSU does go after Scott, my guess would be they would start him out in the $300,000 range. Which would still put him in the top half of the MVC.

I would think it would be more around $500,000 to start. It would not make much sense to get a 50,000 pay raise to go there.

I would think it would be more around $500,000 to start. It would not make much sense to get a 50,000 pay raise to go there.

I thought he was making in the low 100,000's?

I'm not sure what Dj is talking about either. I would love for Scott to make around $450,000 at ORU! :-o

I think he is implying that Scott makes around $250,000 at ORU.....

There you go! Around 250,000 everything included in probably pretty close and no it would not make much sense to only get around 300,000 a year if you are leaving a place you are very comfortable at. Whoever gets that job it won't be at 300,000 a year.