Next Year

ORU Eli

I like the feel of this post now... my stomach is turning inside out with all of the vagueness. Is that even a word? I dont know, but I like it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• ashVID

It is pretty funny about the kid's dad calling ORU and yes his older brother is really a NBA superstar! Geez! Might be a great break for the Eagles! Really might be an interesting couple of weeks.

...of the vagueness. Is that even a word? I dont know, but I like it.

I think it's vaguitity...

:wink:

Thanks grip... and tell this kid brother ill play him one on one... he wins and ill let his brother play at ORU... I win, and I get his next pay check.

I know there were links!!!!  I went back to reread them and they're gone.........

It's more than that I'm blonde.....I could swear they were really there & you guys decided you should delete them. And mm won't answer his cell phone (he wouldn't tell me anything anyway)  Just please tell me I really did see those links    :-)

I know there were links!!!!   I went back to reread them and they're gone.........

It's more than that I'm blonde.....I could swear they were really there & you guys decided you should delete them. And mm won't answer his cell phone (he wouldn't tell me anything anyway)  Just please tell me I really did see those links    :-)

....sneaky, sneaky!  :lol:

When does the Spring signing period begin? Is it April 6th? Here is the link to the NCAA guidelines but I'm not sure how it works. I think schools can sign athletes beginning April 6th and can essentially continue (with some breaks) right up to the start of school. Is that correct?

NCAA Link

I continue to hear that ORU is benefiting from all of the publicity of the NCAA Tournament and Kansas win (the gift that keeps giving). It has allowed the coaches an audience with recruits that previously did not seem interested. They have also received unsolicited inquiries. This may all result in nothing, but it is nice to have the attention. We shall see....

I just remembered a post JoeyO made at the beginning of the season:

I'm going to keep talking about this kid.  His name is Ralph Sampson III.  You may have heard of his dad -- I heard he played ball:)  He is a 6-10 high school junior in Alabama.  The reason I bring him up is the fact that he wants to be a preacher.  I know the coaches are more in tune with this kind of stuff but this is the kind of kid we need to make a hard run at.  Sometimes at ORU, the culture deters kids but sometimes it fits perfectly with their goals in life.  This is one of those cases.

I hope our coaching staff has at least tried to contact Ralph Sampson III.

You don't have a lot of 6'11, 3-star, sons of NBA superstars, that want to become preachers, out there...

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/ ... _key=34318

I would expect a couple defections (nobody that got many minutes this year) and a couple recruiting surprises, with at least one JUCO. Make no mistake however that next year will be a rebuilding year, ORU does not have the budget to buy home wins like TU had this year. I would say ORU should hope to be above .500 and compete for the mid-con but getting 20 wins and being the prohibitive favorite is probably a couple years and a couple great recruits away.

ORU's run is over, the key now is to keep momentum and not let things slip so that a new run is possible in the next couple years.

ash    =o)

I would say ORU should hope to be above .500 and compete for the mid-con but getting 20 wins and being the prohibitive favorite is probably a couple years and a couple great recruits away.

ORU's run is over, the key now is to keep momentum and not let things slip so that a new run is possible in the next couple years.

ash    =o)

I'm going to have to wait and see what the final roster shakedown looks like with all new signees, etc before I give my prediction. I do think that no matter what we can be above .500. I don't think the coaches would want to buy home wins even if they had the money. That's not the scheduling philosophy of any of ORU's programs given the RPI hit we take when we start conference play. ORU always schedules tough OOC games which in turn helps us stay on top of the Mid-Con in almost every sport.

With the current roster and signees, I would have to concur that winning 20 games with a tough OOC schedule will be a major feat. Being the prohibitive favorite in the Mid-Con is all based on perception, thus beyond our control. We won't be favored because we will graduate our senior all conference mvp and 2nd leading scorer. Just remember that Oakland was picked to finished in the bottom half of the conference this year.

The schedule will not be near as brutal next year as it was this year. they are just trying to wrap up a couple of home games to finish it up.

The post guy that transferred in will be one of the 2 or 3 best post in the league. The talent level is still pretty good and have a chance at a very good juco 2/3 that would really help them.They will be fine in the conference and have a chance to get to the dance again.

Would be nice to get another point guard to back up Liberty. Is Jarvis a good ball handler? I think Sango can play the point if he needs to. Would also be good to have another big guy down low....

Here is a schedule showing the conference teams and the players each one loses to graduation - and the corresponding loss of points & rebounding on a per game basis, as well as minutes played. I used conference numbers to make the numbers consistent.

ORU                    Pts        Reb        Min

Green          20.4        9.5      34.2

Tutt            14.9        3.4      35.7

Total          35.3      12.9             

Team Total  75.9      36.6             

46.5%  35.2%

IUPUI                    Pts        Reb        Min

Montgomery    13.6        5.1      34.9

Barlow            11.4        4.5      38.2

Smith              9.6        5.9      30.5

Burks              2.5       1.1        8.6

Total              37.1      16.6             

Team Total      67.9      32.2             

54.6%  51.6%

UMKC                    Pts        Reb        Min

Ayuba            13.4        5.0      28.5

Day                14.7        4.5      37.7

Crawford          2.5        3.0      11.7

Spears              0.0        0.0        3.0

Total              30.6      12.5             

Team Total      71.6      32.7             

42.7%  38.2%

Centenary                Pts        Reb        Min

Starr              17.1        6.4        33.7

Logan              9.0        5.2        23.0

Total              26.1      11.6             

Team Total      64.4      31.5             

40.5%  36.8%

SUU                          Pts        Reb        Min

Barnes            11.9        3.4        38.0

Allen                9.9        3.6        34.1

Abrahao            1.3        0.9        5.6

Total              23.1        7.9             

Team Total      65.2      31.4             

35.4%    25.2%

WIU                    Pts        Reb        Min

Hunter          9.5      2.8      30.0

Okeson          7.2      1.3      28.8

Total          16.7        4.1             

Team Total  57.3      27.7             

29.1%  14.8%

Oakland                      Pts        Reb        Min

Billings                5.2        2.8      15.6

Severovas        16.0        6.4      36.6

Total                21.2        9.2             

Team Total        73.9      34.8             

28.7%  26.4%

Hopes is listed as a senior on some rosters but a junior on others. If he leaves, he would take 12.0 ppg and 4.9 rpg - with 27.4 mpg