ORU v UMKC

Bogus Smith

How come no one ever wants Trey to come back for his extra covid year?  😁 Just a little humor to lighten up a tough year.

Seriously, I thought Trey played with heart in the mop up minutes vs KC.  He was flying around the court and hitting a few 3s, which he ended up with 10 points.  Trey is not the most talented player but he always gives 100 percent.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I agree--Trey did a great job.

• Upvote 2

I would be all for Trey returning.

He always plays hard and this year his decision making has been improved.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

He's also seen a good high school friend of his go from being our #2 guy to being nothing more than a practice squad member essentially

I think that's a great point ORob2, but I would guess Isaac sees himself at more of the Max level player than a Connor level player. IMHO someone doesn't usually become a successful D1 player without a very high amount of confidence in their own abilities.  

• Upvote 1

Hook em Horns, Baby!!! Image result for texas longhorns logo

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, titansforever said:

Knowing that we won't be going to the Big Dance this year (unless we experience a string of miracles), which team are you rooting for? Max & Texas?

This comment is egregiously in the wrong topic but I will bite.  If Rodney Terry doesn't quit all his whining I'm going to be hard pressed to pull too hard for Texas.  It is hard for me to pull for Texas period but Coach Terry is making it even more difficult for me.

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah he was really good in the last 7 games......but glad you guys get along with his mom.....🙄

Probably tired from playing all those minutes!?

8 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Unfortunately, I think Isaac will be getting many words of encouragement from places like Manhattan & Wichita KS., and others! He has to at least listen to other opportunities with the way this season went and the big questions for next season (a rebuilding year at best) as a kid with one year of eligibility left that will draw considerable interest. It probably didn't help the chances of him staying watching his old back court partner on ESPN a lot either.  

He'll probably be happy to go somewhere where he can take a break once in awhile🏀👍

• Upvote 1

McBride is a great player.  He has had to try to carry this team this year and that can be a heavy load.  He was being double teamed every time he tried to drive to the basket (help defense) so he couldn’t score like he is normally used to.  That was a smart approach by UMKC.  

I would love to have McBride for 1 more year!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

I disagree. I wouldn’t blame Isaac for not wanting to come back after a tough season, but he would be in addition to any team, including next year‘s Golden Eagles.

+1. While I love ORU, I also appreciate the players and staff who give their energy here before leaving. If Issac leaves, I'll be cheering him on elsewhere somewhat similar to how I do Max and a bit of Coach Mills (I know, I know). Not ignoring the fact that it can hurt, but it's just sports sometimes, people have the freedom to change jobs, schools, and employers.

• Upvote 2

OK TheEagleman will stand corrected on this one.....we will hope McBride comes back but the way the season has ended it sounds unlikely....still we shall see what happens.....ORU still needs some more talent and maybe some new coaches?? :tb-white:

• Like 1