ORU v UMKC

Bogus Smith

They came up with a new way to get students to the game. Those who come and sit in the student section will each receive $10 in Sodexo bucks (which can be used for food purchases in all of the campus eateries). 

And of course, Sunday is the ever-popular Diaper Derby!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Sleep in...skip church....go to Mabee Center and watch the basketball team go for SEVEN losses in a row.....sounds like a plan.....:shield-logo:

• Haha 1

Just for fun: I had a dream last night where DJ had a big game vs KC.  He blocked a shot in one scene, stole the ball and then scored the winning layup.  I cannot remember ever dreaming about ORU basketball, so this was a first.  Has anyone else ever had a dream about ORU basketball?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Just for fun: I had a dream last night where DJ had a big game vs KC.  He blocked a shot in one scene, stole the ball and then scored the winning layup.  I cannot remember ever dreaming about ORU basketball, so this was a first.  Has anyone else ever had a dream about ORU basketball?

Yeah, I dreamed that despite returning 2 decorated starters and the talented sixth man from a 30-win team that went undefeated in conference play, ORU plummeted to just over a half-dozen D1 wins and the bottom of the Summit League standings the following season.

Thankfully, it was just a bad dream.

Wasn't it?? 😲

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 9:07 AM, Keenan Henderson said:

KC could really help ORU by beating Denver tomorrow night and then losing to the Eagles on Sunday.  That would give the good guys a 7 seed in the tournament and avoid the extra game.  I am hoping the seniors will come up big in their final home game and maybe one of them will hit a winning shot at the end!

Denver has done their part by losing their last two games.  Now we just need to win!

• Upvote 2

Thanks to South Dakota and Denver both losing today, it’s all spelled out for ORU now on Senior Day:

• Win, and it’s a 7-vs-2 game on Saturday vs. North Dakota.
  • Lose, and it’s the 8-vs-9 play-in game vs. South Dakota on Friday. 

Simply put:  the postseason starts Sunday at 2pm vs. UMKC in the Mabee Center. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Simply put:  the postseason starts Sunday at 2pm vs. UMKC in the Mabee Center. 

We'll be there!!!

ORU is -2.5...Vegas knows something because that line makes no sense....KC has won 5 in a row and we have lost 6 in a row...so TheEagleman will make a pick that also makes little sense...ORU comes out on Senior Day and shows some pride in the home finale...we block out...we rebound and play a little D....well...not much D but this team outscores the visitors before a howling Sunday throng at Mabee Center....... ORU 85 KC 80....Go Blue!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1

I watched part of the Roo's dismantling of Denver Thursday night:  they REALLY rebound well.  Man for man, they have the best athletes in the league.

An ORU victory Sunday would rival the Tulsa and South Dakota State games as the most impressive win of the year.

• Upvote 2

Now the above post makes a lot more sense than TheEaglemans...I am just not in reality....Image result for george costanza images

While it would seem preferable to avoid the play-in game by winning today, I wonder which of the next round opponents we would prefer to play (UND or SDSU)?  

We really struggled to score against UND at the Mabee Center.  Of course that has been happening lately regardless of opponent.

So far today, we are looking really bad. Can’t hit the broad side of a barn door. 

• Like 1

Clearly the typical players have lost hope. I don’t understand why they don’t play more bench players. Every time he has done it in past games it’s provided a spark. Springmann is lost, so much talent but can’t put it together. Coaching…

• Upvote 2

And that ends a horrific weekend of ORU sports....brutal....🤢

There seems to be no game plan.  Just playground basketball. Terribly disappointing.  

• Upvote 5

I was way off on the dream, must have been the pizza!  Seriously, big shout out to the Tulsa area fans that supported ORU all year.  They stayed until the end and were the true MVP's all season.  Not sure what has happened to the team but I thought they lost confidence dating all the way back to the blowout loss versus Ok State.  It just seemed like they never were the same after that.  Remember they trailed KC in the first conference game by 30 and looked lost even back then. It has pretty much been that way the rest of the season.

Did they have a post game honoring the seniors because they did not show it on the Summit League Network?  It seems like the seniors usually come out with their families and receive a jersey in a plaque.  Wonder what happened this year?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

There seems to be no game plan.  Just playground basketball. Terribly disappointing.  

Been like that ALL year.

The regression the players on this squad have seen is incredible. I doubt opposing teams even needed watch film on ORU.

This year was an opportunity wasted with this roster.

• Upvote 3