ORU v UMKC

Bogus Smith

The final home game (Senior Day) will be played on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.!  You might be asking yourself, why play on Sunday when everyone else is playing their last game on Saturday and using Sunday as a recovery day before the beginning of the season that really matters - the post season??!!

Thanks to the lack of consideration and coordination of the Mabee Center, they decided to contract an outside weekend event over the schedule of the school's premier sports teams!  Granted, I am sure that the Mabee Center will make "real" dollars for renting out the facility for those days; however, it shows another action of the facility's total disregard for ORU athletics - the one thing that gets people into their arena consistently and their biggest customer.  Especially in light of our expected play on Friday night next week, this will not bode well for our future prospects in winning the Summit League Tournament. 

On the positive side, if we win the first two games, we get Sunday off.  Actually, regardless of whether we win both games, lose one game (on Friday), or win one game (Friday) and lose one game (Saturday).......we get Sunday off!!  🤣

• Like 1

KC could really help ORU by beating Denver tomorrow night and then losing to the Eagles on Sunday.  That would give the good guys a 7 seed in the tournament and avoid the extra game.  I am hoping the seniors will come up big in their final home game and maybe one of them will hit a winning shot at the end!

One of TheEagleman's favorite Beatles tunes is The Long and Winding Road....and that song kind of describes the ORU Men's Basketball season and you can probably add another adjective....Painful......this team has just failed to get it together all season with a few exceptions....even some of our 11 wins were excruciating....like Keenan I am also hoping that the Good Guys can pull it together for one afternoon on Sunday at Mabee Center and end this losing streak of 6 games....not wanting to go into the post season tournament on a 7 game bender.....not good and would leave just a horrible taste in our mouths all summer if ORU loses out......please guys, just give us ONE thread to hang onto....and frankly the Mabee Center faithful deserves a victory to close out the home season..........           GO BLUE!!!   :circle-logoi:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

One of TheEagleman's favorite Beatles tunes is The Long and Winding Road....and that song kind of describes the ORU Men's Basketball season and you can probably add another adjective....Painful......this team has just failed to get it together all season with a few exceptions....even some of our 11 wins were excruciating....like Keenan I am also hoping that the Good Guys can pull it together for one afternoon on Sunday at Mabee Center and end this losing streak of 6 games....not wanting to go into the post season tournament on a 7 game bender.....not good and would leave just a horrible taste in our mouths all summer if ORU loses out......please guys, just give us ONE thread to hang onto....and frankly the Mabee Center faithful deserves a victory to close out the home season..........           GO BLUE!!!   :circle-logoi:

I agree let's get a win Sunday afternoon. With that said the silver lining is big changes will have to be made for next year. I can for see some current players leaving and HCRS bringing in players who will mess and get us back where we need to be. It is hard to look back and imagine what our team could have accomplished if Patrick and Conner had stayed.  It probably would have changed the team dynamic and not forced DJ and Kareem to take on roles that are not their strength. I really believe HCRS will figure it out and the Athletic Department will give him the resources he needs to win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eagle88 said:

I agree let's get a win Saturday night. 

The game is SUNDAY afternoon at 2 p.m.

1 hour ago, eagle88 said:

I agree let's get a win Saturday night. 

Don't show up Saturday night (unless you want to hang out with a bunch of women you don't know)......Sunday afternoon please!

1 minute ago, ttowncount said:

What he said!!  ☝️

14 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

Sorry everyone! My days are all running together! I changed my post so out of towners won’t show up on Saturday and then blame me!!😂😂😂

• Haha 1

This ORU team is finishing the season like the Titantic......Image result for titanic photos underwater     

at least we know that Kate Winslet knows how to box out.....Image result for titanic movie photos

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

On the positive side, if we win the first two games, we get Sunday off.  Actually, regardless of whether we win both games, lose one game (on Friday), or win one game (Friday) and lose one game (Saturday).......we get Sunday off!!  🤣

That last line made me laught out loud.

Here's to earning Sunday off, rather than sucking into it. 🙏

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

After reading that second paragraph below, I'm wondering how many ORU fans have agreed to be given away on Sunday, and should I feel offended (or relieved) for not being one of them...  #NotExcitingEnough 🤓

• Haha 4

TheEagleman likes that Oral Roberts blue/gold t shirt.....gotta get me one of those if available on the website since i can't make it for tip off on Sunday.....:shield-logo:

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:59 PM, Bogus Smith said:

The final home game (Senior Day) will be played on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.!  You might be asking yourself, why play on Sunday when everyone else is playing their last game on Saturday and using Sunday as a recovery day before the beginning of the season that really matters - the post season??!!

Thanks to the lack of consideration and coordination of the Mabee Center, they decided to contract an outside weekend event over the schedule of the school's premier sports teams!  Granted, I am sure that the Mabee Center will make "real" dollars for renting out the facility for those days; however, it shows another action of the facility's total disregard for ORU athletics - the one thing that gets people into their arena consistently and their biggest customer.  Especially in light of our expected play on Friday night next week, this will not bode well for our future prospects in winning the Summit League Tournament. 

Y'all enjoy the game Sunday afternoon...I'll be at Baylor Ballpark supporting the baseball team.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Y'all enjoy the game Sunday afternoon...I'll be at Baylor Ballpark supporting the baseball team.

We'll bring home a "W", if you bring home a "W".  Deal?? 😃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

We'll bring home a "W", if you bring home a "W".  Deal?? 😃

Deal but I'd like to bring home more than one "W." 😛

6 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

We'll bring home a "W", if you bring home a three "W"s.  Deal?? 😃

Fixed it!! 🤣

• Thanks 1

So Kansas City whipped up on Denver last night....which means an ORU win over the Roos on Sunday would put us in the 7 spot?....is that correct?  I guess playing UND would be better than SDSU and also avoiding the play in game....but honestly TheEagleman isnt very hopeful that we can beat a hot Kansas City team at Mabee Center....they have won 5 in a row and ORU has lost 6 in a row....those are powerful stats....but KC isn't Duke....so there's always a chance.....praying that the Good Guys show up with some defense and pride in the final home game of the season.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

So Kansas City whipped up on Denver last night....which means an ORU win over the Roos on Sunday would put us in the 7 spot?....is that correct?

• With South Dakota's upset of NDSU Thursday night, neither spot in the Friday 8-vs-9 play-in game is certain yet. 
  • An ORU win over UMKC Sunday could STILL doom the Golden Eagles (who would finish at 6-10 in conference play) to that 8/9 play-in game, if Denver (in 7th Place currently at 6-9) wins at St. Thomas on Saturday, locking up 7th Place.
  • Any other outcome for South Dakota and Denver on Saturday, coupled with a Golden Eagles win Sunday, puts ORU at worst in a 3-way tie for 7th Place, with all the tie-breaker advantages.  A 7-Seed in Sioux Falls means not playing until Saturday, where an upset victory in the 2-vs-7 game earns a day off on Sunday before the Monday semi's.
  • A loss by ORU to UMKC on Sunday means finishing no better than 8th Place and a berth in that dreaded 8-vs-9 game on Friday, where a subsequent win would earn a showdown with No. 1 South Dakota State on Saturday.
  • If ORU does lose Sunday to UMKC, they need to approach Sioux Falls as two separate, 2-game tourneys:  win the first 2-game tournament Friday and Saturday, earn a day off, then it's just another 2-day tournament to win a date in the NCAA First Four in Dayton.

Easy, right? 😬

• Thanks 3

TheEagleman will need a few sangrias while trying to digest the above scenerios......and if ORU loses a 7th game in a row on Sunday will have to drain the entire jug.....this has just been a horrible February for the ORU Men.....March not likely to bring much relief......but this might....... image.jpeg.f95ca93868b7279347887291a5178a9c.jpeg