Re: Seton Hall

ORUIsbig

I was listening to the Seton Hall post-game interview, Doc - and he did discuss the three technicals, as the blog describes.  He also said that he felt sorry for his kids (the team) to have to experience this - since you never know what you're going to get with officials... and that his young team would have to learn from this.  But, then he quickly deflected the conversation to say "However, you have to give the credit to Oral Roberts for executing the final play of the game.  We knew they we're going to try to get the ball to Green - and we set ourselves up to defend it - and they still got the ball to him - so we had to foul.  They made the key play down the stretch and that's what beat us."  He also second-guessed his decision to call time-out with 2.4 seconds left, but said he did it to protect the young team that was remaining on the floor (that hadn't played alot of minutes together) and make sure they had everyone (especially Green) covered.

All in all, I thought he was very calm and complimentary for a guy whose team had just squandered a late nine-point lead - and lost the battle at the charity stripe by 24 attempts.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• ORUIsbig

• NYC Golden Eagle

Top Posters In This Topic

ashVID, Liberty was the starting PG for D1 Wichita State before transferring to ORU.  He was off a redshirt year because of the transfer, but he should be accustomed to playing at the D1 pace. 

Fans on their message board regarded him pretty highly at the time of the transfer.

SOrry, I meant RE-adjusting after sitting out the year. I personally was not a fan when he was at WSU, he was such a poor shooter I think it makes it harder on the 2 guard and the inside guys because his man can leave him. He is doing a little better at ORU in that regard but any point who plays 30+ minutes a game with Tutt and Green and cant get more than 2 assists needs to be evaluated.

ash  =o)

SOrry, I meant RE-adjusting after sitting out the year. I personally was not a fan when he was at WSU, he was such a poor shooter I think it makes it harder on the 2 guard and the inside guys because his man can leave him. He is doing a little better at ORU in that regard but any point who plays 30+ minutes a game with Tutt and Green and cant get more than 2 assists needs to be evaluated.

ash  =o)

He's the best we have this year.  Losing Gaines really hurts.  I'm not saying that Gaines would start over Liberty, but he would put some pressure on A-Lib.  There would be some competition.  Who is really pushing Liberty to be a better player in practice?    It probably isn't anyone on our roster... it's probably coach JB.