• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• ORUIsbig

• NYC Golden Eagle

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i totally agree.  Jodan needs to be in there.

we should be in a 3-2 now that their big men are both fouled out.

What are you basing your opinion on with Jordan?  He would be in the game if he was the best option available.  Liberty is the best, and ORU has a couple other players that can run it better right now.  Jordan is not the answer.  I'm all for playing the bench, but Jordan isn't the answer by playing significant minutes at the point.

Guest Rob Marshall

Coop was an assistant coach under Phillips at TU.  He has a good relationship with the ORU coaching staff.  I believe he was a high school (Sand Springs?) coach about the same time Hankins was at East Central.  Don't quote me on that info, but I know he coached at TU for a fact.

Coop was a long time high school coach in the Tulsa area.  He was the JV coach under John Phillips with Hank played for him at Edison HS.  Coach Cooper was ACTUALLY the head coach at East Central and Hank was the JV coach, when during the off season Coop took the Sand Springs HS varsity job which opened the EC head coaching job up for Hank to be "named" head coach only to never actually coach a varsity game there.  Reason why, Tom joined Barry Hinson's newly formed staff at Oral Roberts that summer (1997).  Coop served on John Phillips' staff during his entire tenure at The University of Tulsa and he has officially been out of coaching since the spring of 2005.  Steve now works for some good friends as a saleman for their team/corporate apparel company here in Tulsa, and doing the color analyst gig was a nice opportunity for him to be back involved in basketball without coaching (which he says he'll never do again).

Liberty is not hte best at the momemnt. He is fouled out and on the bench. You cannot do much from there. All I am saying is, D.J. should be getting some time. He is good enough to. I really like Sango, he brings a lot of energy to the floor, but he does not play smart at times. Tut is better at the SG position, we don't want him running the point when Liberty is fouled out. Just a though. I really hope the guys can pull this one off though, it would be a good win.

I also forgot to say that the amount of turnovers we have per game are not any good. Have you considered that when saying Liberty is our best option?

All the stuff Cooper is saying is so true.  We've seen a lot of things not going our way but we're still within one point.

and I hear DJ has an outside shot and A-lib doesn't.  When Lib is fouled out we need another option.  someone who can protect the ball a little better and let tutt get open

I also forgot to say that the amount of turnovers we have per game are not any good. Have you considered that when saying Liberty is our best option?

I agree Liberty has to improve in the A/T margin.  We're weak at the pg position.  That's obvious when Tutt and Sango have to be our backups.  DJ wasn't good enough last year to do it, and I don't know if he has improved enough in just one offseason to catch up.  I heard he has improved big time, but I've also heard be is probably more of a shooting guard.  He just isn't a D1 point guard right now.

if we could only shoot our average % from the line

We can forget all about the horrible free throw shooting if we make our shots in the last minute.  We'll get a few cracks at the line.