How to Watch (2023-24 Season) Updated 1/4/24

Otis 83

On 12/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, Otis 83 said:

Thanks, I'll get somebody on that right away.

Are you being sarcastic?  I don't see why, as it would prevent a lot of unnecessary confusion.  Would have answered some of the questions you had as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 11:51 AM, Otis 83 said:

I have started my annual analysis of the ORU schedule and where/how we can watch games with an emphasis on how to watch outside of the Tulsa metropolitan area.  This thread seems as good of a place as any for this post but I'm open to feedback.  Especially since I bullied the Wichita St thread to NCAA/Summit 🤣

I think Bogus is onto something with his "late December" start time for SLN.

Date           CT                Opponent                     Network
Nov 10 (Fri)   7 p.m.  Home      Mid-America Christian        KGEB but not on GEB America                          
Nov 13 (Mon)   7 p.m.  Away      Missouri State               ESPN+                                     
Nov 17 (Fri)   7 p.m.  Away      Texas A&M                    ESPN+                             
Nov 21 (Tue)   7 p.m.  Home      Texas Southern               Summit League Network
Nov 28 (Tue)   7 p.m.  Away      Kansas State                 ESPN+                                      
Dec 2 (Sat)    7 p.m.  Home      Tulsa                        GEB America UPDATE: I was able to watch on my Roku using the GEB App                       
Dec 9 (Sat)    7 p.m.  Home      Ozark Christian              KGEB                           
Dec 12 (Tue)   8 p.m.  Away      Texas Tech                   ESPN+                                          
Dec 17 (Sun)   4 p.m.  Away      Oklahoma State               ESPN+                                      
Dec 19 (Tue)   7 p.m.  Home      John Brown                   Summit League Network                           
Dec 29 (Fri)   7 p.m.  Away      Kansas City                  Summit League Network                                        
Dec 31 (Sun)   4 p.m.  Away      Denver                       Summit League Network and Altitude https://www.altitudesports.com/how-to-watch                                            
Jan 3 (Wed)    7 p.m.  Away      Montana State                ESPN+ .                                         
Jan 6 (Sat)    7 p.m.  Home      Weber State                  CBS Sports  

By delaying to late December I miss only Texas Southern and John Brown.  I can probably live with that.  It is my understanding I can get KGEB for free if I download their app on my Roku.  If I renew my ESPN+ subscription on 11/13 and cancel the day after Montana St. I have a couple of weeks of overlap between Mother Mouse and the SLN.

If others see things differently or I've missed something please chime in.

Looks as if this is due an update. Greatly appreciated!!

• Otis 83 changed the title to How to Watch (2023-24 Season) Updated 1/4/24
2 hours ago, ttowncount said:

Looks as if this is due an update. Greatly appreciated!!

Updated my first post in this thread to reflect the rest of the regular season.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for your work, Otis! I've referred back to this chart a number of times so far this season. It's very helpful!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

Thanks for your work, Otis! I've referred back to this chart a number of times so far this season. It's very helpful!!

Agree. Same. THANKS!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if the games on GEB America are also streamed on the MidCo sports app but I was pleased to find the replay of the South Dakota game on the MidCo app.  

I have to say that I'm disappointed that the picture quality isn't any better on the MidCo app than it was on the ORUSN app.  Not sure why I expected it to be better.  Do we not have high definition cameras at Mabee Center?  Is is a bandwidth issue?  Can anyone who was watched another Summit League team on MidCo report on the picture quality from other school's arenas? 

Billy Wilson's book commercial and the Joyce Meyer show prior to our game look pretty hi def.

Thanks.

Warning:  incoming rant

I had plans with my family last night.  I intentionally stayed away from the board and Twitter so I could watch the game after church today without knowing the outcome.  At 2:00 PM Central Time today the game still isn't on the replay page of the MidCo Plus (dare I say Minus) app or their website.  The women's game is there.  The SDSU @ Denver MBB is there but not St Thomas @ ORU.  What the heck?  Getting increasingly bitter that I am paying for less this year than what I got last year for free.  I don't know if the problem is at MidCo or ORU but either way I'm not happy.  Sent a Tweet to Midco, the only way I could find to contact them, but they’re are at a High School Hockey Game/Tractor Pull double header and unable to reply.

27 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I had plans with my family last night.  I intentionally stayed away from the board and Twitter so I could watch the game after church today without knowing the outcome.  At 2:00 PM Central Time today the game still isn't on the replay page of the MidCo Plus (dare I say Minus) app or their website.  The women's game is there.  The SDSU @ Denver MBB is there but not St Thomas @ ORU.  What the heck?  Getting increasingly bitter that I am paying for less this year than what I got last year for free.  I don't know if the problem is at MidCo or ORU but either way I'm not happy.  Sent a Tweet to Midco, the only way I could find to contact them, but they’re are at a High School Hockey Game/Tractor Pull double header and unable to reply.

Email:  MidcoSportsPlus@midco.com

Betcha a burger they blame St. Thomas.

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

Otis, I watched the game last night about 11pm on the app. I’ve missed quite a few live games and had to watch them later. They take forever to show up under the replay tab but if you click on the live tab and find the game you can watch the replay as soon as 30 or 40 (maybe sooner)minutes after the live game ends. Sometimes you have to click on the bar at the bottom and drag it backwards like you would on a YouTube video but usually it just starts right up. Hope that helps everyone.  I’ve done it on my laptop and the app, both work.

20 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Actually...they blamed ORU  

19 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Otis, I watched the game last night about 11pm on the app. I’ve missed quite a few live games and had to watch them later. They take forever to show up under the replay tab but if you click on the live tab and find the game you can watch the replay as soon as 30 or 40 (maybe sooner)minutes after the live game ends. Sometimes you have to click on the bar at the bottom and drag it backwards like you would on a YouTube video but usually it just starts right up. Hope that helps everyone.  I’ve done it on my laptop and the app, both work.

Thanks for your insight.  I will share this with MidCo.  So your little trick worked on day of but not after.  Since it is a paid service, do I really need to know which book to pull from the bookshelf in order to open up the door to the secret passage?  As of this morning the game still isn't on the main Replay page but it did finally make its way on to the ORU page off of the SL page.  

On 1/14/2024 at 3:07 PM, Old Titan said:

On 1/15/2024 at 11:53 AM, Otis 83 said:

Actually...they blamed ORU  

They blamed ORU on Twitter.  I emailed them with the detail provided by @Eaglefan 21.  They never responded.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

So do those of us who did the league a solid by purchasing the entire package get a rebate for this weekend's games?

Reminds me of the family that's sat on my row in the Mabee Center for practically this entire season on free ticket promotions.  They must think I'm a sap...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

So do those of us who did the league a solid by purchasing the entire package get a rebate for this weekend's games?

Reminds me of the family that's sat on my row in the Mabee Center for practically this entire season on free ticket promotions.  They must think I'm a sap...

Meh, at the end of the day, the goal is to get more paying subscribers.   Pretty sure the league or teams get a payout depending on how much streaming revenue they generate, so I'm all for it.  

Edited by nodak651