How to Watch (2023-24 Season) Updated 1/4/24

Otis 83

3 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

If you subscribe to the summit league network, their feed had Springmans post game after beating Tulsa. I assume if you watch the replay it will be there.

The ORU-TU replay on the Summit League Network (midcosportsplus.com) cuts out during a commercial break in the middle of Adam's post-game wrap-up, before Coach Springmann makes his appearance. 

It appears to be a technical glitch as opposed to a deliberate cutaway. Maybe someone in Athletics can confirm one way or the other (you know who you are... 😉)

3 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

If you subscribe to the summit league network, their feed had Springmans post game after beating Tulsa. I assume if you watch the replay it will be there.

I subscribe to the summit league network on a monthly basis and their feed did NOT have Springman's post game comments after beating Tulsa. I just checked again and let it run through the blank spot. Springmann never appeared. If I remember correctly, this has been the case with every ORU home game. Perhaps I need to have an annual subscription to get all the post-game stuff. Do any of you have the annual subscription? Do you see Springmann's post-game comments with Adam? Do any of you have the influence to change this situation?

41 minutes ago, Dave Connor said:

I subscribe to the summit league network on a monthly basis and their feed did NOT have Springman's post game comments after beating Tulsa. I just checked again and let it run through the blank spot. Springmann never appeared. If I remember correctly, this has been the case with every ORU home game. Perhaps I need to have an annual subscription to get all the post-game stuff. Do any of you have the annual subscription? Do you see Springmann's post-game comments with Adam? Do any of you have the influence to change this situation?

I have a monthly subscription to SLN through Midco, and my livestream DID include the Springmann interview after the TU game. It was later in the post-game than usual, and Adam signed off immediately afterwards, but I was able to see it. Strange…

1 hour ago, Dave Connor said:

I have the annual subscription and I didn't see Coach Springmann on the replay either. 

As I posted earlier in this thread, there appears to be a technical glitch starting with the commercials in one of the station breaks during Adam's post-game show, with some blank screen before cutting to Adam signing off, then immediately feeding into an NDSU women's basketball replay. 

It may just be some ham-handed editing on the part of Midco when they posted it for replay...

Weird. I pay for the monthly subscription and during the live game against Tulsa I was able to watch the postgame with Springman. I will try and watch the replay sometime and see if it is included.

What I miss more than the on-court postgame interviews with the head coach is the postgame Media Room interviews that included the head coach AND a player.

These were previously posted on the ORU Athletics website; there are still some old ones up there from the Mills era.  These gatherings have apparently been discontinued, most likely due to not enough media types attending the games to form a gaggle.

I hope this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to the Tulsa World staff being stretched thin during the college and high school football seasons, and/or the recent demise of the KTUL-Channel 8 news and sports desks. I would like to think there might be more media coverage once football is completely over.

If they need more bodies in the Media Room for a quorum, I would be happy to serve as the ORUSports.com correspondent to ask some hard-htting questions re: scheduling, recruiting, the coaching staff's attire, and the PA volume.

I could even wear a fedora with a card that says PRESS in my hatband.

Kermit The Frog Comedy GIF by Muppet Wiki   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Old Titan said:

What I miss more than the on-court postgame interviews with the head coach is the postgame Media Room interviews that included the head coach AND a player.

These were previously posted on the ORU Athletics website; there are still some old ones up there from the Mills era.  They've apparently been discontinued, most likely due to so few media types attending the games to form a gaggle.

I hope this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to the Tulsa World staff being stretched thin during the college and high school football seasons, and/or the recent demise of the KTUL-Channel 8 news and sports desks. I would like to think there might be more media coverage once football is completely over.

If they need bodies, I would be happy to serve as the ORUSports.com correspondent to ask some hard-htting questions regarding game ops and the coaching staff's attire.

I could even wear a fedora with a card that says PRESS in my hatband.

Kermit The Frog Comedy GIF by Muppet Wiki   

I'd love to see it . . .

49 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Weird. I pay for the monthly subscription and during the live game against Tulsa I was able to watch the postgame with Springman. I will try and watch the replay sometime and see if it is included.

I've tried everything I can think of...switching from Safari to Google Chrome, updating Google Crome, using my iPhone and Macbook Pro, etc. I sure hope it's just a MidCo technical issue that gets resolved soon. Can someone ask Adam to make the Springmann interview available on ORU's Sports Network? I would ask him but I don't know him from A..m.

• Haha 1

I took out an annual subscription to the SLN on Midco so that I can continue to watch all things ORU from my man cave and as posted above, Coach 
Springmann was interviewed right at the end of the broadcast and it played live in its entirety.  Of course I was watching from about 1,000 miles away from Tulsa.

I think we’re all in agreement that the Springmann postgame interview was broadcast live Saturday night; it’s the fact that it’s missing from the replay that’s frustrating folks. 

Can someone PLEASE post their Midco login info so Dave can watch the interview? 😆

• Thanks 1

As I was driving home from the game, I was listening to the live radio feed, and it stopped the ORU broadcast in about the same place as the replay--no Springmann.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dave Connor said:

As I was driving home from the game, I was listening to the live radio feed, and it stopped the ORU broadcast in about the same place as the replay--no Springmann.

So…if a head coach conducts an unheard interview - or, he falls in the forest - does he really make a sound? 🤔

• Haha 2

same for us.

13 hours ago, Dave Connor said:

There must be two streaming sessions simultaneously.....the one that goes out to local TV/radio and one that goes out on the internet to the SLN (formerly ORUSN).  The real fanbase loses out on this one, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

The good news is that Coaches Springmann and Musick will update us during the coaches show tomorrow without interference from Midco Sports.

• Haha 1

I know this isn’t the thread for this but I didn’t see one for it, but has / does anyone go out to the Waldo’s radio show on Thursdays? I was able to make it out there today and get some chicken! Food there is pretty good. Got their chicken nachos and was able to briefly meet Coach Springmann and Musick. Seems like a cool event to pop into once in a while for lunch. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/7/2023 at 12:16 PM, Roll Eags New Era said:

I know this isn’t the thread for this but I didn’t see one for it, but has / does anyone go out to the Waldo’s radio show on Thursdays? I was able to make it out there today and get some chicken! Food there is pretty good. Got their chicken nachos and was able to briefly meet Coach Springmann and Musick. Seems like a cool event to pop into once in a while for lunch. 

We usually can't make it out there, but watch it on the ORUSN as often as we can.  You can also see it on demand afterwards.

• Like 1