How to Watch (2023-24 Season) Updated 1/4/24

Otis 83

I deleted the 2023 schedule and updated this for the remainder of the season.image.png.2f15764f806f163e811c5a46a9f7e238.png

Note that games listed on the schedule as GEB America can be viewed on the Golden Eagle Broadcasting website or streamed using the GEB America app on your streaming device.  

Edited by Otis 83
Updated 1/4 for the remainder of the schedule
  • Upvote 3

Good stuff, Otis!  Thanks for your efforts and for helping us out. 

I wasn’t able to find the KGEB app on my Roku. 

3 hours ago, ttowncount said:

Yes, that worked. Thanks. But I had to search for only GEB rather than Kgeb. 

I’m was more precise in your classes!

• Haha 2

plunked down the 80 bucks for Midco.....hope ORU at least gets a decent chunk of that.  it does have you select your team of choice at purchase

on the KGEB vs GEB....i think the games on KGEB are only aired to the local Tulsa market.  the national GEB feed (online, DIRECTV, etc) does not carry the ORU games 

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

i think the games on KGEB are only aired to the local Tulsa market.  the national GEB feed (online, DIRECTV, etc) does not carry the ORU games 

If you're right, and you probably are, that's an important distinction that I glossed over when I translated the table that I downloaded and pasted into my post.  I corrected the table to conform more accurately the oruathletics.com website.  That website lists the Tulsa game on GEB America not KGEB.  So perhaps that game will be available on the Roku app.  That's really the only game of the three I am excited to watch.

20 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

If you're right, and you probably are, that's an important distinction that I glossed over when I translated the table that I downloaded and pasted into my post.  I corrected the table to conform more accurately the oruathletics.com website.  That website lists the Tulsa game on GEB America not KGEB.  So perhaps that game will be available on the Roku app.  That's really the only game of the three I am excited to watch.

Last night's game was NOT GEB America.  Since @TrueBlue82 reported in another thread that he watched the game from 1500 miles away, I assume that it was available on the Summit League Network.  I edited my table above to indicate my findings regarding GEB America and games listed as being on KGEB.  Still hoping that the Tulsa game is available on GEB America via my Roku.

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

Last night's game was NOT GEB America.  Since @TrueBlue82 reported in another thread that he watched the game from 1500 miles away, I assume that it was available on the Summit League Network.  I edited my table above to indicate my findings regarding GEB America and games listed as being on KGEB.  Still hoping that the Tulsa game is available on GEB America via my Roku.

Your assumption is correct! 😉

On 11/7/2023 at 11:51 AM, Otis 83 said:

I have started my annual analysis of the ORU schedule and where/how we can watch games with an emphasis on how to watch outside of the Tulsa metropolitan area.  This thread seems as good of a place as any for this post but I'm open to feedback.  Especially since I bullied the Wichita St thread to NCAA/Summit 🤣

I think Bogus is onto something with his "late December" start time for SLN.

Date           CT                Opponent                     Network
Nov 10 (Fri)   7 p.m.  Home      Mid-America Christian        KGEB but not on GEB America                          
Nov 13 (Mon)   7 p.m.  Away      Missouri State               ESPN+                                     
Nov 17 (Fri)   7 p.m.  Away      Texas A&M                    ESPN+                             
Nov 21 (Tue)   7 p.m.  Home      Texas Southern               Summit League Network
Nov 28 (Tue)   7 p.m.  Away      Kansas State                 ESPN+                                      
Dec 2 (Sat)    7 p.m.  Home      Tulsa                        GEB America                          
Dec 9 (Sat)    7 p.m.  Home      Ozark Christian              KGEB                           
Dec 12 (Tue)   8 p.m.  Away      Texas Tech                   ESPN+                                          
Dec 17 (Sun)   4 p.m.  Away      Oklahoma State               ESPN+                                      
Dec 19 (Tue)   7 p.m.  Home      John Brown                   Summit League Network                           
Dec 29 (Fri)   7 p.m.  Away      Kansas City                  Summit League Network                                        
Dec 31 (Sun)   4 p.m.  Away      Denver                       Summit League Network                                            
Jan 3 (Wed)    7 p.m.  Away      Montana State                ESPN+ .                                         
Jan 6 (Sat)    7 p.m.  Home      Weber State                  CBS Sports  

By delaying to late December I miss only Texas Southern and John Brown.  I can probably live with that.  It is my understanding I can get KGEB for free if I download their app on my Roku.  If I renew my ESPN+ subscription on 11/13 and cancel the day after Montana St. I have a couple of weeks of overlap between Mother Mouse and the SLN.

If others see things differently or I've missed something please chime in.

I think this should be posted in a thread all its own and pinned at the top of MBB for easy reference. 

• Dr. Cornelius pinned this topic

Just to clarify for you all, every single ORU home game and away conference game will be on the Summit League Network (Midco Sports Plus).  The only exception will be any game on CBSSN.

One of you should really tell ORU to clarify that on their website.

https://thesummitleague.org/sports/2023/7/25/GEN_0725234011.aspx
SLN broadcasts will include all home regular-season conference and non-conference games, excluding basketball games chosen by CBS Sports Network, the League's national linear partner, for the sports of volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s basketball, softball, and baseball. Production for SLN broadcasts will be the responsibility of the home institution and may include a digital-only telecast or use of an institution’s local TV partner production.

Edited by nodak651

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, nodak651 said:

One of you should really tell ORU to clarify that on their website.

Thanks, I'll get somebody on that right away.

Are the post-game interviews with Coach Springmann available anywhere online? The Summit League Network (Midco Sports Plus) broadcasts stop streaming the postgame wrap-up before Adam Hildebrandt talks with Coach Springmann. 

10 hours ago, Dave Connor said:

Are the post-game interviews with Coach Springmann available anywhere online? The Summit League Network (Midco Sports Plus) broadcasts stop streaming the postgame wrap-up before Adam Hildebrandt talks with Coach Springmann. 

I was looking for these as well. It looks like they are not on the ORU SN. Anyone know where else they may be?

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

I was looking for these as well. It looks like they are not on the ORU SN. Anyone know where else they may be?

They are cutting off on the local radio broadcast, too.  Hopefully Adam sees these comments and can upload his audio file to allow fans to hear the post-game Q&As.

If you subscribe to the summit league network, their feed had Springmans post game after beating Tulsa. I assume if you watch the replay it will be there.