ORU @ Missouri St. Bears - 11/13/23

Dr. Cornelius

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

This team doesn't have the talent level to give 50% or even 90% effort and be competitive in D1.

Couldn't agree more Doc! The lack of effort is what is the most disappointing to me so far this season. It seems like we think we can just shoot 3's and that will make up for soft rebounding, lack of hustle on D, halfhearted efforts for loose balls, etc. There is a lot of season left but this current effort level will not get it done. 

Nobody likes to lose and I'm not big on moral victories, but sometimes the opponent is just better than you. But not giving 100% is inexcusable to me. When a shot goes up get a body on someone and attack the rebound, when the ball is on the floor dive for it, on D get down in a stance and in your guys face, let him know you're going to be there all night. Getting beat by a better team happens, but there is no excuse for getting out worked!

Let's start playing with some heart Eagles, that jersey means something to us, show some Pride!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Speaking of Kinks....my late father and I were riding in his car about 40-45 years ago and the song Lola by the Kinks came on the radio...my dad was early 50s at the time and he says....I really like that song....I asked him if he knew what it was about and he said No....I just shook my head and chuckled.😈

Speaking of Kinks, I saw them twice in 1979 on the Low Budget tour.  The first show was at The Palladium in Dallas and the second show was The Old Lady on Brady in Tulsa (fall semester my freshman year).  Both shows were great.  Texas blues legend Bugs Henderson opened for them in Tulsa.

One positive out of this game is that DJ Weaver scored 11 points putting him in the 1,000 point club.  This is according to Sports Reference College Basketball stats.  It only took him 130 games but he made it!

Think about it....if they let Thompson play another 5 or 6 years he could crack the ORU Top Ten scoring list. 😜

• 3 months later...

Those of us who voiced our concerns in this thread from November were instructed to just wait until February, when "this ORU team will look much different...than they look now."

Well...now it's February.

Remind us again what we were supposed to be waiting for?

• Like 2