ORU @ Missouri St. Bears - 11/13/23

Dr. Cornelius

We have to hope that we play and shoot the ball really well and that MO State has an off night. I went to the ORU- MO State game 2 years ago in Springfield and they have not only a big time facility but a loud and excited fan base. They defend their home court quite well and they always seem to have a decent team. Stealing this one would be nice!

My big concern is that MO State has had a week off to really focus on this game and prepare for the Eagles.  It is also their home opener, so I would expect the Bears to be excited for opening night.  ORU needs to get off to a good start and hopefully get some help from the bench to keep the game close.  It is early in the season but Herron and Trey (3rd year guys) have seemed to take a step back.  We need their veteran leadership off the bench.

This ORU team will look much different in February than they look now. They need game experience playing with each other. The line on the graph of improvement is never a straight line, but as long as it trends in the right direction and the peak of that line is in the month of March, anything can happen. 
People forget the 2020-21 Sweet Sixteen team was 9-8 on the season in early February. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

This ORU team will look much different in February than they look now. They need game experience playing with each other. The line on the graph of improvement is never a straight line, but as long as it trends in the right direction and the peak of that line is in the month of March, anything can happen. 
People forget the 2020-21 Sweet Sixteen team was 9-8 on the season in early February. 

"We'll see..."  #CharlieWilson'sWar

Missouri St is a middle of the road MVC team with so this is not good.

Spacing is really bad. Three guys near the end the half were within arms length of each other. Have not seen that in a while. 

37 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

In the first 6 minutes, we look as good as I've seen us (except some turnovers).  Keep it up.

You were right on the mark when you posted this, and I was thinking the same thing. I thought there was a chance we were going to make a game of it! How quickly things changed!

The good thing is, the primary issues are shooting and turnovers, both of which could easily be reversed in the second half - so there's still hope!!

• Upvote 1

This is just incredibly undisciplined.

Bad pickup basketball. 

• Upvote 1

Time for Thompson to graduate. Seen enough of him....what is he on the 9 year plan??...MSU is gonna blow us out....🤮

• Like 1

There are no words...

(Actually, I have hundreds of them, but I guess I'm supposed to keep them to myself until February or March when everything comes together.) 🙄

Phipps has played a very good game. Consistent. A bright spot. So Kareem had a rough night - it happens. Great seeing some minutes from Braeden and McBride back in form. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On the bright side, that was probably the best game we've played this season . . .

Isaac the only ORU player shooting free throws tonight - I guess he was the only one driving to the basket. 😑

• Haha 1