Tracking ORU Portal Jumpers in '23-'24

Old Titan

On 12/5/2023 at 11:59 PM, Old Titan said:

I’ve been told he was sold quite the bill of goods to transfer there; re: everything from his playing time to his NIL money. Sadly, nothing has been delivered as promised. 

Hate to hear this. I would imagine there's a lot of that going on, unfortunately. One thing I'm unclear on is how much of a true "agent" these guys are able to have. I know NIL agents are a thing at the top of the food chain, but are these middle tier guys able to get true representation or are a lot of them trying to navigate all of this themselves? Bogus Smith may have a good answer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The top-shelf players have agents after them all the time.  Most players rely on their family and close friends to help them navigate things.  Most don't know what their value is in the marketplace (nor does anyone else).  In capitalism, your value is when a willing buyer and willing seller agree on a price for one's goods or services.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, EagleManiac said:

Hate to hear this. I would imagine there's a lot of that going on, unfortunately. One thing I'm unclear on is how much of a true "agent" these guys are able to have. I know NIL agents are a thing at the top of the food chain, but are these middle tier guys able to get true representation or are a lot of them trying to navigate all of this themselves? Bogus Smith may have a good answer. 

• 3 months later...

Mwamba’s team ended up finishing 23-8 in the regular season and first in a very solid A-10 conference. His team seems to have found success, without using him much, we definitely missed him this year though!

7 hours ago, 2014Grad said:

Mwamba’s team ended up finishing 23-8 in the regular season and first in a very solid A-10 conference. His team seems to have found success, without using him much, we definitely missed him this year though!

They're done now! Lost to #7 seed St Bonaventure in 2 OT