Tracking ORU Portal Jumpers in '23-'24

Old Titan

Max has a big opportunity to showcase his talents as he takes on Louisville in Madison Square Garden on ESPN.  If they win then defending national champs UCONN tomorrow.  Big stage for Max to show the scouts how good he is.  I am hoping he has a big game this afternoon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Max has a big opportunity to showcase his talents as he takes on Louisville in Madison Square Garden on ESPN.  If they win then defending national champs UCONN tomorrow.  Big stage for Max to show the scouts how good he is.  I am hoping he has a big game this afternoon.

GAME WINNER FOR MAX!!!!!

happy for Max on a tough shooting day in the Garden

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

GAME WINNER FOR MAX!!!!!

happy for Max on a tough shooting day in the Garden

Incredible.  His toughest shot of the day, on a day when the easier ones wouldn’t fall.  The legend of Max continues…

• Upvote 1

So excited for Max!  A little reminder of the KC game but this was won on a much bigger stage.  Shooters shoot and scorers score!  Top ten highlight on ESPN? No doubt.

A couple of times during the game, the announcers were talking about ORU and all that Max did to help put the basketball team back on the map!

Happy for him. Still seems a little weird to see him in burnt orange. But I get it.

• Upvote 1

He came back to ORU when he could've gone anywhere for his senior year. Loyalty and character. He graduated and went to Texas. I'm a huge Max fan, and yes, it does seem weird to see him in burnt orange.

• Upvote 5

Max is the man! I love how anytime the announcers mention Max they also  talk about ORU! Great advertising for the Eagles!

• Upvote 3

That shot is a reminder of his smooth shooting stroke.  I miss Max!  

He has developed the ability to get his shot off quickly even though he is closely guarded.  He will need that skill at the next level.

He was very well defended but just found a way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

He has developed the ability to get his shot off quickly even though he is closely guarded.  He will need that skill at the next level.

I think Max’s elevation on that pull-up jumper of his always catches defenders off-guard; also explains his surprising rebound totals. Dude can jump!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ORUJason said:

Classic Max.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:41 AM, jmg1984 said:

Should have stayed at ORU 🏀😦

Vanover getting around 5 minutes a game and not being part of the offense probably won't help his overseas options.

• Upvote 1

Max is STILL THE MAN!!!....Vanover should have stayed at ORU.....huge mistake......a 7'5" mistake.....😛

• Upvote 1

Connor Vanover's strange season so far:

• Ineligible for Mizzou's first three games due to his participation last spring in the Portsmouth Invitational, a past-its-prime postseason showcase for middling NBA prospects.
  • Was 11th in minutes played in his season debut last week at Minnesota, a tough win for the Tigers.  He barely scratched the box score.
  • Surprise starter Sunday in the upset loss at home to Jackson State; playing only THREE minutes.  Did he get hurt?