6. Sir Issac Herron
  7. Demari Williams
  8. Cam Amboree
  9. Braedon Moore (Transfer - BYU)
  10. Josh Jones 

in the portal:  Nate Clover

Edited by ORUalum
  • Upvote 2

Great name.....almost as good as Beloved Rogers.......another guy who didn't really show up......🙄

8 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Don’t expect to see Joy Igo in blue and gold. 

the hits keep coming....

Joy was recruited by Coach Paulino…I suspect he will follow him to WSU. 

• Upvote 1

Well done Eaglefan 21, ORU needs to hire you as a scout for the program!  I am hoping the Eagles land Williamson as he could become in a couple of years, a Lufile Jr.  He is good around the rim and on the boards.  Mouka would be another great find but with his size and defensive toughness, he might go to a struggling Power 5 team.

38 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Well done Eaglefan 21, ORU needs to hire you as a scout for the program!  I am hoping the Eagles land Williamson as he could become in a couple of years, a Lufile Jr.  He is good around the rim and on the boards.  Mouka would be another great find but with his size and defensive toughness, he might go to a struggling Power 5 team.

Hey, I appreciate that! If ORU needs someone to watch twitter, rivals, and verbal commits, I'm their guy! Agreed on Williamson. I don't think he's got a great outside game but I don't think he needs one at his size! Also, it would be cool to have a former NBA player showing up to games and supporting the program. I think Corlis is a high school coach in Arkansas? @Keenan Henderson is that true? Mouka would be a good stop-gap center like Kerwin Smith was for us a few years back.

Corlis Williamson is a good Christian guy who coaches a Christian school in Little Rock, maybe Little Rock Christian Academy or something along those lines.  What a great player and the best to ever put on a Razorback uniform (though many say Sidney Moncrief was the best).  Corlis was the Charles Barkley of college basketball in the mid 90s.  I hope his son is half as good as his dad!

6 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Corlis Williamson is a good Christian guy who coaches a Christian school in Little Rock, maybe Little Rock Christian Academy or something along those lines.  What a great player and the best to ever put on a Razorback uniform (though many say Sidney Moncrief was the best).  Corlis was the Charles Barkley of college basketball in the mid 90s.  I hope his son is half as good as his dad!

doesn't ORUMBB have a vacancy for an assistant coach?????

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

doesn't ORUMBB have a vacancy for an assistant coach?????

As a matter of fact they do!

I think Corliss has some D1 head coaching experience at UCA. I’m not sure he was super successful but it wouldn’t hurt recruiting Arkansas with that guy showing up to peoples living rooms!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I wanted to circle the wagons a bit since we have quite a few offers ( and probably several holes to fill) out to 2023 recruits and several players in the portal that we are "interested" in

2023 Offers

PG- Braylen Blue 6'5  from Wisconsin. Tons of mid-major offers with Arizona State and Washington in the mix as well.

PG- Jaylen Lee 6'2 from Arkansas. Several regional mid majors and a Depaul offer.

SG- Jayden Forrest 6'2 from Arkansas- We are his only D1 offer that I can find and I believe he is reclassifying to 2024.

SF- Malik Pressley 6'6 from Texas- Lots of texas schools. He is announcing his college decision tomorrow.

PF- Creed Williamson- 6'7 from Arkansas- He is the son of former Razorback/NBA player Corliss Williamson. He has offers from Us, Arkansas pine bluff, Arkansas, and St. Johns. He is a pretty strong looking kid from his videos and has a younger brother who is a pg. I'm sure that arkansas offer is tempting but with all the transfers that Muss brings in, I'd be concerned about ever seeing the court.

PF- Jordan Harris- 6'7 from Arkansas- Only D1 offer is from us but I believe he is going to play football for Missouri.

PF- Sultan Adewale 6'8 from the UK but I think he is playing ball in Philly. Several high major offers but we were one of his first offers. He is a extemely athletic.

PF- Cameron Manyawu- 6'7 Kansas city, Mo- Originally signed to play for Indiana St but opened his recruitment back up. Shows offers from us, South Dakota, and south dakota state, and Valpo.

C- Henry Cowles 6'10 from Arkansas- It seems like we have been recruiting Henry for a long time. He was supposed to be a 2022 recruit but reclassified to 2023 and is playing prep hoops in California. Offers from Us, Sacramento State, New Mexico State, Little Rock, and Tulsa.

Portal Players we have expressed some form of interest in

David Mouka- Center from UNLV

Tahlik Chavez- Guard from Charleston Southern

Malcom Flaggs- Guard from Arizona State

Jaden Bediako- Center from Santa Clara

Anthony Dell'Orso- Guard from Campbell- Was Big South Rookie of the year.

Malcom flags committed to Grand Canyon.

• Thanks 1

The ORU athletic website has already posted a 23-24 roster that only lists six guys: Sir Isaac, McBride, Cam A, D. Williams and the two walk-ons.  It also updated their yearly status: for example Sir Isaac is listed as a red shirt sophomore.  It is a very early sample size but the website does not have DJ or Trey listed on the roster even through they both indicated they were returning.  Also, no Josh Jones either. Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Any thoughts?

It’s April. 

That’s it…that’s the thought.  ✌️

19 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The ORU athletic website has already posted a 23-24 roster that only lists six guys: Sir Isaac, McBride, Cam A, D. Williams and the two walk-ons.  It also updated their yearly status: for example Sir Isaac is listed as a red shirt sophomore.  It is a very early sample size but the website does not have DJ or Trey listed on the roster even through they both indicated they were returning.  Also, no Josh Jones either. Any thoughts?

It is interesting though because I looked a few days ago and no students were there.  Why put any out there at this point?  I briefly looked at the other Oklahoma schools and no one has a 23-24 roster publicized.

Also, I'm wondering why the assistants aren't being announced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

Also, I'm wondering why the assistants aren't being announced.

I was surprised last week to hear from a department exec that it’s because the two open spots on the men’s basketball staff are still just that:  open. 😳

ORU Alum - Is there a reason Jalen Miller (from Rutgers) isn't included on the updated list of the original post that started this thread?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

ORU Alum - Is there a reason Jalen Miller (from Rutgers) isn't included on the updated list of the original post that started this thread?

Maybe because he is only "Committed" and not "Signed".  It could be a timing of getting the paperwork or something else (such as others talking in his ear and casting doubt on his commitment).  Making the move from the east coast to the land of Cowboys and Indians can be daunting, but hopefully he finds this move to be a challenge and exciting.

• Upvote 1