ORU vs. NDSU - 2023 Summit League Championship

SonofaLegend

13 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Sorry TitansForever....didn't know you were a lady and that's my poor assumption.....I know a lot of you on here think TheEagleman is a bit of a goof...well, maybe a lot of a goof but I do love ORU and my ORU roundball......this contest tonight is more than a game to us Alumni....it's a chance for our beloved University and the Gospel to be showcased on National TV/ESPN2 and many thousands if not millions will be watching who know nothing about our school and our commitment to spread the Good News around the world....this is EXACTLY what Oral Roberts envisioned when he founded ORU at 7777 So. Lewis back in the 60s....and here we are tonight doing what he dreamed of and what God told him to do....this coaching staff led by Paul Mills and a group of young men who clearly understand their mission....this is more than basketball....yeah, winning is important and OR once told us in a chapel 50 years ago that he didn't want a mediocre ORU basketball team....he wanted a team that people would take notice of and see excellence on the court.....and play the game for the Glory of the Lord....well tonight is one of those nights where we can all watch just what our founder worked so hard for....50 yrs after Fuqua and Roberts and Woods and here we still are doing it.....for a truly old Titan like me and others on this board it just makes me swell with pride and brings tears to my eyes....if we win tonight we will praise Him and if we lose we will still praise him....praying for a really exciting game and for our guys to play their best and leave it all out on the court...thats all we can ask and all the Lord can ask.....wishing no bad things for our opponents in gold and green but they have had their moments in the past....it's ORU's time tonight.....loved 2021 and the wins over SDSU, NDSU, OSU and Florida....let's enjoy some new moments tonight out in Sioux Falls...TheEagleman will be watching...yeah, probably with a cold 🍺 but that's just me.  Hope to see OKCEagle and all the ORU fans up there getting loud and rowdy and bringing home a W....but if we lose...life does go on.....Let's make Oral proud and of course the Lord will be watching.....time to get the TV warmed up for some hoops....I love these guys....and Love you guys and Let's Go Blue!!! :tb-blue:

Great comment - this is what it is all about!!!

th?&id=OVP.w-RkNnnXYsN3iV_kWYvQ9gHgFo&w=  This is YOUR TIME!!..Their time is OVER!!!..Now Go out there and take it!

• Upvote 1

Eagleman said what all of us are thinking. We know what this program is about--what OR wanted it to be and to do--and tonight is another chance to shine a light on ORU and our mission. And like he said: Whatever happens, life goes on. We don't hang our heads. We acknowledge that we met a formidable foe and did not come out on top.

But...here's hoping we get the win. These guys worked so hard this year to keep winning. They've accomplished what we (or at least, I) thought was not possible. Go undefeated in the conference? Whoa! What?!

My hat is off to the team and the coaches, and I can't wait to head over to Mabee Center and scream my lungs out for my Golden Eagles!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ORU led by about 15 for most of both regular season meetings, and that is with Nelson and Skunberg playing well in both.

I like ORU 82-70, give me Abmas and company in any one game scenario.

ORU advances to its 7th NCAA tournament and if we lose I promise to never set foot in South Dakota*. 

*Also, if we win.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

ORU advances to its 7th NCAA tournament and if we lose I promise to never set foot in South Dakota. 

High stakes

• Haha 1

TheEagleman watched the post game interview last night with Max multiple times....the man if focused on one thing....WINNING!!!....this team hasn't won 29 of 33 games so far just to lose in the Championship contest....It's win or go home and Max will lead his team to victory #30 tonight because 29 is not enough......Max knows it and his teammates know it....now that said there could be some moments of concern tonight.....NDSU is a very good team who played a strong game last night....they also have double revenge going for them for the 2 losses this season....the crowd will be pro-NDSU....but then again....Max and the guys remember what it was like to get sent home from Sioux Falls last year by the Bison.....Max will bring the A game and ORU will find a way to win...whether by 15 or by 1 it doesn't matter.....In Max we Trust!!! :tb-white:

10 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

High stakes

😄

From my understanding, the pros call this hedging my bets

• Haha 1

I just appreciate the selfless way that Max plays the game.  When he is being double teamed, he doesn’t force it, but instead looks to find the open player.  He has more assists (I believe) than any other player on the team while leading the conference and almost the nation in scoring.  

He is focused on bringing his best for 40 minutes, including from the free throw line.  He sets the culture for this team and I believe our strong focus level will carry us to victory tonight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stunner from the injury report during radio pregame:  Patrick Mwamba a "game time decision" due to injury suffered on flagrant foul Monday night.

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Stunner from the injury report during radio pregame:  Patrick Mwamba a "game time decision" due to injury suffered on flagrant foul Monday night.

Man, he would be seriously missed if he couldn't play, or if he couldn't play to at least 90%.

Beautiful early fouls by the Bison! That should stand us in good stead at the end of the half.

1 minute ago, ron said:

Mwamba playing! Woohoo!😀

Amen ron