ORU vs. NDSU - 2023 Summit League Championship

SonofaLegend

15 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

My dive isn't as deep - I just sit in my chair with my laptop and hit refresh on the message board every couple minutes, waiting for others to bring the gold to me!

…’cause if you don’t keep on top of it, it takes too long to catch up!  It’s a full-time hobby!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

One interesting stat there, I'm sure among others, is that the only team that has shot more three point shots than us is NDSU!! (And thanks for the GOLD, Mrs. Smith!)

Maybe I should've made the graphic larger.  (I have big screens).  UND shot 59, ORU 50, NDSU 38.

25 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

Maybe I should've made the graphic larger.  (I have big screens).  UND shot 59, ORU 50, NDSU 38.

Sorry, I conflated the two columns! Data points duly noted!! And no, my eyes may be getting old but they can still read the nice graphic you posted!!😉

ORU headed into an angry den of lions tonight and i have a feeling that Coach Mills and the guys will thrive on it....a bunch of very steady dudes who don't seem to get flustered by adversity and there will be some of that tonight.....Max has a huge will to win and his teammates will rally around him....not expecting to need a miracle but will take it if the time comes......excited to see how ORU plays on the national stage tonight....this is our moment...Let's Do it!!! :shield-logo:

Still not convinced there won't be a LOT of folks who can't bring themselves to cheer for a Paul Mills team.

Check out these North Dakota sports talk guys broadcasting live this morning from Sioux Falls.  Fast-forward to the 48:00 minute mark, where the banter morphs from "What should NDSU do to improve their in-game experience at home" into "Who will the locals cheer for tonight?".

That segment lasts for about three minutes until a break, and when they return they start dissecting tonight's match-up where at the 58:00 mark, they once again agree that the "hate" for Paul Mills will create a "one-time only" instance of South Dakota fans cheering for a North Dakota school.

BTW, these guys are pretty entertaining...

We also have to quit with the turnovers. We did so well on Saturday. Last night--pretty awful.

• Like 1

Agreed sir....under 10 Turnovers and we should be in the Big Dance.....12 Turnovers tonight and ORU will likely be NIT Bound.....😬

21 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Agreed sir....under 10 Turnovers and we should be in the Big Dance.....12 Turnovers tonight and ORU will likely be NIT Bound.....😬

It's ma'am. That's okay. We don't specify on this board. 🙂 All that matters is, we're all ORU fans and we want our guys to WIN!!!

• Haha 2

I'm from Winnipeg. People, often thinking that they are terribly funny, will refer to my fair city as Winterpeg. When the Jets are really humming, I like to refer to it as Winnerpeg myself, but I digress.

Fact is, it gets cold up here, sometimes for an inordinately long time. You get used to to it though. I do not get offended when people say that it gets cold for a little longer than most places on the globe here.

Neither should the Dakotas! It's cold there too, all my joking about southern climes aside for a moment. What is the issue? Okay, if you start saying that Tulsa is this huge advanced cosmopolitan mecca, we might have an argument, but the cold thing by itself, big deal!

We need to stop getting offended at everything!

• Upvote 1

Max came back for this: a chance to go to the NCAA's and put his name back on the map.  We have been waiting for him to have a break out game and tonight is the night!  Lead us to victory Mid Court Max!

• Like 1

Man, is this place always this hoppin' on a Tuesday afternoon, or is this a special day for some reason? Okay, okay, I get it. I have to say something to someone! It's great to have this company of the like-minded to share this excitement with today.

By the way, I would love to be at the ORU Watch Party tonight. Enjoy it, those of you that are able to have that experience!

Watched the HotMic on Twitter. 

Yes, it was very entertaining!

In my very small sample size of talking to 20 something SDSU fans in various fast food and retail establishments, they are all hoping we beat the hated NDSU and none have even mentioned Mills comments. My guess is that this is a much bigger deal among the local press than the general pop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

My guess is that this is a much bigger deal among the local press than the general pop. 

Wouldn't be the first time...

8 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Sorry TitansForever....didn't know you were a lady and that's my poor assumption.....I know a lot of you on here think TheEagleman is a bit of a goof...well, maybe a lot of a goof but I do love ORU and my ORU roundball......this contest tonight is more than a game to us Alumni....it's a chance for our beloved University and the Gospel to be showcased on National TV/ESPN2 and many thousands if not millions will be watching who know nothing about our school and our commitment to spread the Good News around the world....this is EXACTLY what Oral Roberts envisioned when he founded ORU at 7777 So. Lewis back in the 60s....and here we are tonight doing what he dreamed of and what God told him to do....this coaching staff led by Paul Mills and a group of young men who clearly understand their mission....this is more than basketball....yeah, winning is important and OR once told us in a chapel 50 years ago that he didn't want a mediocre ORU basketball team....he wanted a team that people would take notice of and see excellence on the court.....and play the game for the Glory of the Lord....well tonight is one of those nights where we can all watch just what our founder worked so hard for....50 yrs after Fuqua and Roberts and Woods and here we still are doing it.....for a truly old Titan like me and others on this board it just makes me swell with pride and brings tears to my eyes....if we win tonight we will praise Him and if we lose we will still praise him....praying for a really exciting game and for our guys to play their best and leave it all out on the court...thats all we can ask and all the Lord can ask.....wishing no bad things for our opponents in gold and green but they have had their moments in the past....it's ORU's time tonight.....loved 2021 and the wins over SDSU, NDSU, OSU and Florida....let's enjoy some new moments tonight out in Sioux Falls...TheEagleman will be watching...yeah, probably with a cold 🍺 but that's just me.  Hope to see OKCEagle and all the ORU fans up there getting loud and rowdy and bringing home a W....but if we lose...life does go on.....Let's make Oral proud and of course the Lord will be watching.....time to get the TV warmed up for some hoops....I love these guys....and Love you guys and Let's Go Blue!!! :tb-blue:

Great post @theeagleman5! You nailed it...

• Like 1