ORU vs. NDSU - 2023 Summit League Championship

SonofaLegend

All this team does is show that they can win at home or on the road, in tough or in easy situations. I get it that past teams have been weak and fickle, but ALL the evidence shows that this team is different. I'm all in folks. Fully confident that the boys wll find a way to finish! Let's go ORU!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Voice...you are ALWAYS overly pessimistic.....but that said I agree that ORU has not brought the A game most of the time in the past few weeks except for the UND game on Saturday....we kicked their butts for sure....tonight ORU is -10....that's a large number and will have to say that NDSU played impressively last night.....but this will be their 3rd night in a row and perhaps they shot their wad last night against the hated Jacks.....TheEagleman expects a close game in the first half but ORU can wear them down in the 2nd....we have handled these guys twice this season....Max is going to come to play....if the refs call a fair game I think he's going to have a big night....we need to control Nelson and hopefully Mills plays a lot of Mwamba on him.....that will be a war.....this has been a marvelous season and expecting it to be completed tonight with a big win on National TV ESPN2......ORU 85  NDSU 77.......GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

I attribute it to growing up as a Memphis State Tiger football fan. 30 years without a bowl game and always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. We call it BFS (Battered Fan Syndrome). I've never met a half full glass! 😉

ORU's is ranked 88 in defensive efficiency. SDSU was ranked 174. Hopefully that will be a good omen that ORU can do better in stopping Nelson and Morgan. I predict an extremely close score of 79-77 with ORU advancing to play in the NCAA tournament. And I am willing to bet that "Clutch" Weaver hits a timely jumper or blocks a shot that influences the outcome of the game.

• Like 1

Abmas said in an interview last night that it will be a fight tonight...

This will be a tussle tonight and should be fun for the National TV audience watching on ESPN2....Surely by now Lakes Bison must be up and sober after a late night of partying thanks to the NDSU win over the hated Jacks......just wondering what his take is on the ORU-10 line which seems a bit high....If TheEagleman were betting I would be tempted to go with the Bison plus the points....your thoughts, Lakes??? :NDSU::tb-white:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Bison fans make the trip now that they are in the championship. 

Anyone going to this, or instead staying home to bite your fingernails in private? 

Based on the SDSU and USD message boards, the vast majority of their fans planning to attend the game will not be so much cheering for NDSU as they are cheering against ORU.

Animosity toward Paul Mills may be the only thing that can bring these Dakota fans together:  fans from North Dakota dislike him him due to the handshake fiasco last season; fans from South Dakota dislike him because of his derogatory interview comments.

Nice to see they can find some common ground, I guess...

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

34 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Anyone going to this, or instead staying home to bite your fingernails in private? 

We are going.  You won't be the oldest person out after 9.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Based on the SDSU and USD message boards, the vast majority of their fans planning to attend the game will not be so much cheering for NDSU as they are cheering against ORU.

It's a small sample size, but several SDSU fans we've talked to here in Sioux Falls assure us there is no way their fans will root for NDSU.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

We are going.  You won't be the oldest person out after 9.

No, just the sleepiest:  was up till 2am this morning following the win and subsequent surfing of the internets...

Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

• Haha 1

Just now, Old Titan said:

No, just the sleepiest:  was up till 2am this morning following the win and subsequent surfing of the internets...

Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

You really take this stuff seriously, don't you OT!!

2 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

It's a small sample size, but several SDSU fans we've talked to here in Sioux Falls assure us there is no way their fans will root for NDSU.

My experience as well. And though they may be perturbed by Mills audacity to question the permanence of SDSU's home court advantage, they remain very complimentary of the team. Not much hate for our players, but a lot of respect.

Just now, tmh8286 said:

You really take this stuff seriously, don't you OT!!

I'm not sure "seriously" is the appropriate term, but I am presently obsessed.

Of course, even when the ball stops bouncing some time this month, it's not over:  there's the coaching carousel, the transfer portal, spring signing day, conference re-alignment, etc.

I need a life...lol.

Breakfast Club Nerd GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I'm not sure "seriously" is the appropriate term, but I am presently obsessed.

Of course, even when the ball stops bouncing some time this month, it's not over:  there's the coaching carousel, the transfer portal, spring signing day, conference re-alignment, etc.

I need a life...lol.

Breakfast Club Nerd GIF

My dive isn't as deep - I just sit in my chair with my laptop and hit refresh on the message board every couple minutes, waiting for others to bring the gold to me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

One interesting stat there, I'm sure among others, is that the only team that has shot more three point shots than us is NDSU!! (And thanks for the GOLD, Mrs. Smith!)