Coaching Carousel 2023

Old Titan

I really like Paul Sather; glad UND gave him an extension. 

His greatest challenge in the portal era is/will be getting players to stay as they develop into stars; being in Grand Forks does not help...

Is Matt Painter in trouble at Purdue?  Probably not but Purdue has 3 straight first round losses to 13, 15 and 16 seeds in that order.  So their regular season is getting better while their first round upsets are getting worse.  😲

• Upvote 1

Purdue a laughing stock today....losing to FDU ranked #298.....Painter has some explaining to do.....terrible coaching performance as they couldn't get the ball inside vs. the smallest team in D-1.....just awful....but TheEagleman is loving it because is saves my bracket since i had ORU going to the Final Four.....😉

It would appear that Painter’s style of play works pretty well in the Big Ten but not as well in the NCAA Tournament. 

• Upvote 2

Wow. I wasn’t expecting that. If it plays out. Can we keep Springman?  What is the best move?  Anyone have a guess?

Rob

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Same job Sutton turned down....I bet he would like to have that one back

17 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Wow. I wasn’t expecting that. If it plays out. Can we keep Springman?  What is the best move?  Anyone have a guess?

Rob

If it plays out like Rothstein is saying, I like Springmann a lot. He seems like an ace recruiter and talent evaluator. It also might help keep more of the roster intact. 

• Upvote 3

i hope there is a decent buyout WSU has to pay....Mills extension after the Sweet 16 was for 8 more years....

Long term we have to get someone who LOVES AND WANTS TO BE AT ORU!  It’s such a special place to those who know, but just a stepping stone to others….Would Kyan Brown be on the list?  Is he ready for a head coaching job?

Rob

Just now, ORob1 said:

Would Kyan Brown be on the list?  Is he ready for a head coaching job?

Extreme hard pass. No way.

• Upvote 5

Yeah if Mills bolts we need a strong ORU guy....TheEagleman likes Springman a lot.....Kyan Brown could be a possibility... Tom Crean??? 😎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORob1 said:

Long term we have to get someone who LOVES AND WANTS TO BE AT ORU!  

Mills gave out those vibes from the beginning up to the very end. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

Lots of coaches do until the right job and right amount of $$ comes along. Just the way it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

Didn’t see the signs.

2 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Long term we have to get someone who LOVES AND WANTS TO BE AT ORU!  It’s such a special place to those who know, but just a stepping stone to others….Would Kyan Brown be on the list?  Is he ready for a head coaching job?

Rob

Agreed. A program guy like Scott Drew at Baylor and Coach K.