South Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

Looking back, I think most of us were disappointed that the USD home game got cancelled right around the holidays but one could say it worked out in the end for the Eagles!

• Upvote 1

This was a weird 3 game stretch. I felt euphoric after we destroyed Denver after leading by only 4 at the half. Then I experienced the extreme nervousness of being down by 1 under 4 minutes and the thrill of a crowd-inspired brilliant close out against Omaha. Follow that with an almost boring laugher of a game tonight. We should have more games like tonight, but I seem to get more enjoyment when there seems like at least a chance we could lose. It’s hard to know what kind of game I want, as long as we keep winning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And, is it just me or does it seem like McBride could drive and score on just about any possession he wants to?  Dude is lightning quick. 

• Like 2

At the beginning of the season, many ORU fans had the South Dakota schools coming to Mabee Center as a split for ORU (after all, the SDs swept ORU in Tulsa last year).  Some of us were optimistically hoping for a sweep.  But, I'm pretty sure NO ONE envisioned ORU outscoring the South Dakota schools at home 182-93.  Incredible...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

There's no doubt that ORU had the games versus SDSU, USD, and NDSU circled on the calendar this year.  Last year the Eagles were 1-6 against those teams and thus the reason why they failed to win 20 and go back to the NCAA tournament.  Time for a little payback!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

And, is it just me or does it seem like McBride could drive and score on just about any possession he wants to?  Dude is lightning quick. 

USD star AJ Plitzuweit is incapable of staying in front of McBride or Abmas, and they seemed to be going after him all night with drives to the basket.  He was saddled with foul trouble the whole night trying to check them.

• Like 1

Just now, Old Titan said:

USD star AJ Plitzuweit is incapable of staying in front of McBride or Abmas, and they seemed to be going after him all night with drives to the basket.  He was saddled with foul trouble the whole night trying to check them.

AJ didn't look anywhere close to 100% with that knee brace.  It was a little painful watching him operate in the game this evening, but I think USD is better with him than without him (and that tells you a little bit of where the #292 NET-ranked South Dakota team is currently).

28 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

20-4 deserved a nice chilled glass of Sangria for TheEagleman......this was the full 40 minute effort that we on this board have been waiting for all season....Max amazing....everybody contributed and frankly Williams needs to get more minutes....not sure at whose expense but that lad needs 18-20 min per game....powder blue unis with red numbers not my favorite but a different look once a year fine by TheEagleman.....how was the drive to and from Mabee Center??....I also appreciate the effort made by all those 5200 or so in attendence.....i am sure it was a bit less but Mabee was still loud....God Bless you all!!!....:tb-white:

The drive was a bit dicey but I just started early and took my time.💪🏀 Worth the drive!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

It looks like he started working on gathering with one hand, and finishing with a quick scoop layup. Unless a 'big' is waiting in the paint, he will be able to beat most defenders(s) with that move!

• Like 1

Jarrett Hardwick just tweeted that the 103-53 win is the largest margin of victory against a conference opponent in ORU history. 🤩

• Upvote 5

I feel bad for AJ because before his injury he was a top 3 or 4 player in the league.  He looks like a shell of himself.  Adam was saying that USD had five guys on their roster that at one time or another have been all league or all rookie players.  Which is by far the most in the league.  The Coyotes have little to no size or athleticism and play 4-5 guards at all times.  Unless they are hitting a ton of threes, that just does not work at the D1 level.  

USD does have a 6-11 center that has missed around 13 games.  They could really use his size.

23 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

This was a weird 3 game stretch. I felt euphoric after we destroyed Denver after leading by only 4 at the half. Then I experienced the extreme nervousness of being down by 1 under 4 minutes and the thrill of a crowd-inspired brilliant close out  Follow that with an almost boring laugher of a game tonight. We should have more games like tonight, but I seem to get more enjoyment when there seems like at least a chance we could lose. It’s hard to know what kind of game I want, as long as we keep winning. 

It was great to be here to see them all!🏀😄The second was a little nerve wracking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I like Williams creating his own shot

Ditto guy needs more minutes!

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Jarrett Hardwick just tweeted that the 103-53 win is the largest margin of victory against a conference opponent in ORU history. 🤩

Could have been worse:  Kareem hit a three to make it 96-40 (+56) with 4:42 to go before Coach Mills competely emptied the bench.