South Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

Every guy who doesn't do his laundry on a regular basis should show up. Add to his wardrobe.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, titansforever said:

They're giving away T-shirts again -- to the first 300 students who come.

They have "pulled out all the stops" by calling off hall meeting tonight and telling the students to get to the Mabee in lieu of their attendance to hall meeting.  With only virtual classes today, a lot of students may want something to do with their time than stay in the dorm room or Hammer Center.

This is a big game tonight.  If the Eagles win then they are 4 games ahead of the rest of the league.  Of course that would be great with 5 of the next 7 contests being on the road.  Finish strong at home tonight and help Coach have his first 20 win season!

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU going for win #20 tonight which it's safe to say we have probably NEVER done before the start of February....

I took the bait... and discovered that ORU did have 20 wins by the end of January in 2011-12 (in DoMo's senior year, with Niles, Craion and DBH).  ORU was 20-4 heading into February that year, finishing with a 27-7 mark and winning the Summit with a 17-1 record, before stubbing their toe against Obi Emegano's WIU team in Sioux Falls, then dropping a NIT home game with Nevada for a disappointing close to the season.

ORU also recorded 23-4 and 21-5 records through January in 89-90 and 90-91 against NAIA competition.

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

ORU also recorded 23-4 and 21-5 records through January in 89-90 and 90-91 against NAIA competition.

.....with primarily D1-level players.

Good research, 82....so ORU going for 20 before February for the 2nd time at the D-1 level......still a tremendous accomplishment for a small mid major......hopefully the Good Guys show up early tonight and not wait until the 2nd half......I concur with TexasGrip that it's frustrating watching us only playing 20 minutes or less of tough Golden Eagle basketball.....need a 40 minute effort tonight!!!  :southdakota::shield-logo:

Eagleman I sure wish you could have been in the picture on Saturday night!! If we can get you to TTown I’ll buy you a glass of the best chianti!!

• Like 5

Guess who is the number 2 team in the nation in three point shooting percentage?  Yeah, South Dakota.  They average just slightly over 40% per game.  ORU will need to get out and cover those point shooters for the Coyotes.  On a side note, the Eagles former opponent Utah State is #1 in three point shooting percentage.

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

They have "pulled out all the stops" by calling off hall meeting tonight and telling the students to get to the Mabee in lieu of their attendance to hall meeting.  With only virtual classes today, a lot of students may want something to do with their time than stay in the dorm room or Hammer Center.

Back in my day, "pulled out all the stops" included Oral locking the library during basketball games.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave Connor said:

The Free Entry promo is a great idea. Some season-ticket holders may not know that the ticket from the cancelled game is still valid. This ends any confusion.

They've been doing free tickets most of the year. 

2 hours ago, Dave Connor said:

The Free Entry promo is a great idea. Some season-ticket holders may not know that the ticket from the cancelled game is still valid. This ends any confusion.

They've been doing free tickets most of the year. 

How often have they been doing free tickets?  Most of the year?? 🙄

TheEagleman can remember OR closing the LRC and Student Lounge during all basketball games....but honestly back in the 70s the student body was very engaged with the basketball program and i knew only a handful of wingmates who didn't choose to go.....we didn't hassle them because they were basically guys who had no interest in sports.....but OR always encouraged student participation at home games......it was kind of understood that you didn't make President Roberts unhappy.....Image result for Oral Roberts

• Like 1

Best attendance in my day was when they moved Saga to the Mabee Center. before games  Student attendance has been surprisingly good the last 2 years.  They pack an entire Section (old Section N) and overflow into others.

Can we all join together and pray about the weather? Pray for a sudden warm front to arrive...for sleet to cease...for snow to go away...for street crews to do a FANtastic job of clearing the roads of ice? Those of us who have to drive to and from Mabee tonight are in need of God's mercy on Tulsa roads!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If I can make it from downtown Tulsa to 91st and Memorial when I get off work (which I undoubtedly can), then everybody can make it to 81st and Lewis!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

If I can make it from downtown Tulsa to 91st and Memorial when I get off work (which I undoubtedly can), then everybody can make it to 81st and Lewis!

It's getting home afterwards while navigating south Tulsa's hills that is a little bit scary...

ORU is ranked as the 4th highest scoring team in the second half of games in all of college basketball.  Better to finish strong then stall late because usually that leads to more victories.  The Eagles have won 16 of 17 and 13 in a row at home.  Keep the winning going against the Coyotes tonight!