South Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

Looks like tonight's game is not on the ORU Sports Network.  It is no longer listed as it was a couple of hours ago.  Maybe some tech difficulties or because of the tough weather conditions.

24 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Looks like tonight's game is not on the ORU Sports Network.  It is no longer listed as it was a couple of hours ago.  Maybe some tech difficulties or because of the tough weather conditions.

It is working now, didn’t start right away for me either. Our Defense has been elite so far!

Kudos to the ORU Sports Network to getting the game up and running. Great start by the Eagles!

On 1/29/2023 at 6:19 PM, Texasgrip said:

I’d like to see ORU wear down a team in the first half for a change. 😁

Now THAT’S what I’m talkin’ about!

ORU 47-18 UMKC  -  1st half!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ORU awake in the first half and Max had shown up....wow!! 🤩

ORU up 50+....this is a Summit League embarrassment.....so much for the Vegas Line which shrunk to 15 at game time... I guess So. Dakota didn't want to make this trip south.....brutal performance....😬

This game was an A++++ performance for the Eagles.  Just a complete game by ORU: great defense, rebounding, and of course offense!  Let us hope the good guys can bottle this effort and repeat it in March.  Kareem was just a few assists from a triple double.   When was the last time ORU won a Summit League game by 50!

USD was very tired and looked like they ran out of gas but I imagine they will look forward to the Eagles coming to their place in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Apparently that is what two complete half’s of ORU basketball look like this year. I love this team!

• Like 2

I loved how Max did not celebrate his bank shot 3 at all and then went nuts when he hit the next one. 
Thompson played fantastic tonight. If he had been playing point guard his whole career, he could have had a shot in the NBA. 

• Upvote 4

Great turnout tonight for the game, around 5,222 people.  Thanks everyone for showing up and supporting the Eagles.  Especially, considering the rough weather you had to endure.

Those two teams have maybe the best back courts in the Summit League.  However, Max and McBride just put on a show and clearly outplayed the Coyotes.  Isaac feels like he is hitting his stride and has 7 straight double figure games.  When Max and McBride are on like tonight, then nobody in the Summit can beat ORU.

• Like 1

ORU is a very very good team. 

Kareem just does it all, the box score never does his impact justice. 

Not sure who defends the paint better, Mwamba+Weaver or Conner. Mwamba just has this intensity with his defensive presence.

Trey has played much better the last few games. 

Isaac is incredible with the ball. His speed and dribbling to create his own is too fast to keep up with sometimes. 

Our greatest weakness seems to be ourselves, on those nights we go cold from downtown. 

• Like 2

ORU is one of five teams in the country with 20 wins already this season.

The others:

Houston

Purdue

Florida Atlantic

Charleston

20-4 deserved a nice chilled glass of Sangria for TheEagleman......this was the full 40 minute effort that we on this board have been waiting for all season....Max amazing....everybody contributed and frankly Williams needs to get more minutes....not sure at whose expense but that lad needs 18-20 min per game....powder blue unis with red numbers not my favorite but a different look once a year fine by TheEagleman.....how was the drive to and from Mabee Center??....I also appreciate the effort made by all those 5200 or so in attendence.....i am sure it was a bit less but Mabee was still loud....God Bless you all!!!....:tb-white:

• Upvote 1