Bench Minutes- Trey missed shots!

ORU40

I was walking the concourse during halftime and four separate people stopped me and asked why Phipps was getting playing time. Two specifically pointed out that we lost 9 (I think it was 8 ) points while he was in the games. Lots of fans are noticing his impact on the game.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:53 PM, ORU40 said:

Otis you make some very good points and an excellent statistical analysis, and if you drill down just a little you can get a slightly better look at the meaningful minutes picture. If you take out the stats from the middle school JV Ozark Christian 50-point blow-out shooting drill, his FG% drops to ,258 and 3Pt% .233! 

I think former ORU statistics professor Debra Oltman would be proud of our statistical prowess.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

I think former ORU statistics professor Debra Oltman would be proud of our statistical prowess.  

I shared your comment with Dr. (Oltman) Sowell, Otis. Here is her reply:

You have brought tears to my eyes. In my 45+ years at ORU, I never doubted that we had the best students on planet Earth. You have just provided more evidence that that is true!!

Debbie Oltman Sowell

• Like 5

12 hours ago, ttowncount said:

I shared your comment with Dr. (Oltman) Sowell, Otis. Here is her reply:

You have brought tears to my eyes. In my 45+ years at ORU, I never doubted that we had the best students on planet Earth. You have just provided more evidence that that is true!!

Debbie Oltman Sowell

Thanks for sharing.  Happy to know this brought her some joy.  She was one of the many great professors I had the privilege of learning from at ORU.

• Like 2

TheEagleman thinks he had Dr. Verbal Snook.....but my memory is fading....is that guy still alive??  Nice man as I recall....👍

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman thinks he had Dr. Verbal Snook.....but my memory is fading....is that guy still alive??  Nice man as I recall....👍

I heard recently that Verbal is still alive.  I don't know that he taught statistics.  I had him for Linear Algebra.  A very nice man.

• Like 1

Geez....Dr. Snook has to be 90 at least.....TheEagleman had him for some kind of math course....and yeah he was a very good guy.....among my favorite teachers along with Dr. Terry Madison and Dr. Lew....and who can overlook Dr. Paul in Humanities and Dr. Sexton for American History? TheEagleman actually had a couple of Comm Classes where i sat next to Kathy Lee Gifford then Kathy Epstein....as I recall she didn't care for me much back then.....😮

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Otis's older sister graduated from ORU in 1980.  Otis and his sister have different strengths.  She took Math in Society to fulfill the math requirement for her BA.  She had Dr. Snook.   I never had the privilege of studying under Dr. Snook but if that man can my sister through a math class he is an amazing educator. 🤣

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Geez....Dr. Snook has to be 90 at least.....TheEagleman had him for some kind of math course....and yeah he was a very good guy.....among my favorite teachers along with Dr. Terry Madison and Dr. Lew....and who can overlook Dr. Paul in Humanities and Dr. Sexton for American History? TheEagleman actually had a couple of Comm Classes where i sat next to Kathy Lee Gifford then Kathy Epstein....as I recall she didn't care for me much back then.....😮

Eagleman, what memories - I had Dr. Snook for Calc I, but you omitted one of the all-time great profs - the Board's own TTownCount.  I have a very hard time "reconciling" that omission.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Phipps comes in tonight and does some good things!

Except letting the guy throw the ball off him!😦

41 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Except letting the guy throw the ball off him!😦

I thought Phipps was standing out of bounds when that happened. Would like to have seen another angle.

• Upvote 1

Credit where credit is due:  Trey did a fine job when called upon, but I'm puzzled why he was in for Issac for so many minutes in the second half when Mackie was having the game of his life. 

I'm guessing it was because Issac wasn't playing defense well enough?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Phipps comes in tonight and does some good things!

Really?  He was 1-4 from the field. 0-2 behind the arc. 2 points in 15 minutes. He did have 2 steals and no turnovers. 

More Weaver. More Mwamba. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Really?  He was 1-4 from the field. 0-2 behind the arc. 2 points in 15 minutes. He did have 2 steals and no turnovers. 

More Weaver. More Mwamba. 

Grading on a curve here - show some compassion! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

I thought Phipps was standing out of bounds when that happened. Would like to have seen another angle.

Maybe but if he just got in the guys way ORU ball