Central Arkansas at ORU

theeagleman5

Its now ORU -18 which is a joke....not sure how a team that beat us last season would now be almost a 20 point dog....sorry but Vegas is asleep on this one or they truly know something that we don't....have they watched any ORU basketball this year?....ORU should win but line is very inflated....this is more of a 6-12 point victory for the Good Guys....If TheEagleman hadn't made those silly Vanover comments in pre-season he would be wagering heavily on UCA tonight......ORU 89  UCA 79.....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

I like to be positive and not too critical of people, but Trey Phipps does not look like he belongs on the same court with Max, Mwamba, Conner, Kareem, Carlos, or DJ. Hopefully they can coach him up on what to do with the ball off the dribble.

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman may have been wrong and Vegas knows more than me. Max is on fire tonight....💪🏀😎

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman may have been wrong and Vegas knows more than me. Max is on fire tonight....💪🏀😎

5-9 from 3 and 7-7 from the line. 

5 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

5-9 from 3 and 7-7 from the line. 

Max is a freak. 24 points in the first half is bananas.

Let's just hope they come out as if it's tied or they are down by 5. Make this a 25 point margin and keep it there until Mills decides to let some reserves see some court time.

Dave is a downer....ORU is kicking A$$. 🤩

• Haha 2

You're right Eagleman. However, in my defense, how many times have we seen leads slip away because we come out slow from the locker room. So far, so good. 😀

Adam with a very good point. Vanover is rolling to and staying home near the basket. Giving him opportunity for easier baskets, utilizing his height advantage and making room for the other guys away from the basket.

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Its now ORU -18 which is a joke....not sure how a team that beat us last season would now be almost a 20 point dog....sorry but Vegas is asleep on this one or they truly know something that we don't....have they watched any ORU basketball this year?....ORU should win but line is very inflated....this is more of a 6-12 point victory for the Good Guys....If TheEagleman hadn't made those silly Vanover comments in pre-season he would be wagering heavily on UCA tonight......ORU 89  UCA 79.....GO BLUE!!! 

I'd say UNDERinflated. We're talking Tom Brady footballs underinflated. 🤣

Wow. ORU by 33. 111-78.

• Haha 2

Fantastic win and bodes well for the Monday matchup with Liberty U.....111-78???...geez...59% shooting from the field.....31 for Mad Max and five guys in double figures....TheEagleman was impressed with what he saw tonight.....can't wait to hear the reviews from those in attendance at Mabee Center.....:tb-blue:

14 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Fantastic win and bodes well for the Monday matchup with Liberty U.....111-78???...geez...59% shooting from the field.....31 for Mad Max and five guys in double figures....TheEagleman was impressed with what he saw tonight.....can't wait to hear the reviews from those in attendance at Mabee Center.....:tb-blue:

Aren’t you glad you were unable to take UCA and the points?

• Like 4

Hahaha....Otis, my man!!! Sometimes the best bets are the ones never made.... TheEagleman will remain on the wagon for the remainder of 2022 as promised....🥴

• Like 1

I was there tonight. A couple thoughts on the game: 

1. The students weren’t really there unfortunately. I assume it was finals week and they may have gone home. 

2. Max was really good shooting, but he was really trying to make the right decision with the ball. He wasn’t hunting his own shot. He had some great passes to open shots for other guys. 

3. D.J. Weavers’ dunk in transition was really nice. Those Central Arkansas guys just needed to stay out of the way! He wasn’t going to be denied. There was actually a lot of great dunks today. I’m often amazed at the athleticism of this team. 

4. The defensive intensity was good tonight, there was a lot of hustle plays. Mwamba had a great chase down block, Kareem had a great block, and Max was really active setting charges and getting steals. 

5. Patrick Mwamba is a really good player. I really like his style. He’s the perfect glue guy for this team. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

This was a dominant performance by the Eagles! Max started out the game by quickly hitting 3 3’s in a row. He looks like the old Max but even better and definitely stronger Patrick Mwamba should be named Patrick E for energy! His energy is off the charts and he  gets the whole team going. He not only has tons of energy but he is a highly skilled and talented player. Max hit the 2000 point mark in his ORU career and is the 8th leading scorer all time. He could reach 5 if he continues to score a lot. Carlos, Kareem, DJ and Connor all played well and Trey played well and actually made some good decisions with the ball. He several times dished the ball to a breaking player instead of trying to force it to the hole. Tonight Cam Amboree got to play some good minutes and he showed flashes of being really good! I see him as a player of the future and he will be fun to watch. The Bears had a few decent players and could  be a dangerous team if we weren’t shooting well . Last night our shooting percentage was incredible, close to 60%. If we continue to I play like we have the last 2 games and improve our  chances to make the tournament is really good. This years team has a good chemistry and oh by the way I saw OT way across the court and he looked very relaxed!

• Upvote 1

Fun game to watch. Can’t imagine how many points we would have put up if the starters would have played longer. Glad the young guys got to play against some D1 competition.

A few unexpected things after hanging 111 points. 

- Thompson takes 1 shot. Has 6 steals.

- Weaver and Vanover don’t take a single 3 point shot.

- we had 16 turnovers. Most of them were by the starters, not bench players during garbage time.

- UCA, I think out of desperation, tried a zone defense on one possession. Max took it apart with a beautiful alley-oop to Patrick.

- we did all of this without a true post presence. Carlos is our most consistent post scorer.

- it’s possible the most athletic player on this team hasn’t played a game yet. Sir Isaac should be clear to play Monday.
- talent-wise UCA is probably on par with the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the summit league. The net rankings have them slightly ahead of several of our summit foes. We will know more once we’ve played the South Dakota schools.

ORU was in the zone on offense last night!  They must have spent the last week working on shooting and cutting to the basket.  UCA is not a horrible defense, they came into the game giving up 75 points a game.  It was just a clinic put on by the Golden Eagles.  Good to see Coach have Connor cut to the basket instead of shooting 4-5 threes per game.  If you have a 7'5 center then get him to the basket!  It is not rocket science.

• Upvote 1