Connor Vanover Watch

Old Titan

19 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

We heard that one guy say “A-smith” time and time again, and we just looked at each other and rolled our eyes!

I thInk in the post game interview with Max he finally got it right. 

1 hour ago, ORUTex said:

Old Titan changed the title to Connor Vanover Watch”
So all it takes is a Summit League championship to get Connor’s name spelled right? Nice!

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

• Like 1

DID YOU KNOW...

Connor's 107 blocks (and counting) put him at No. 8 in a career at ORU, passing former Titan great Antonio Martin (1977-80) in just 34 games.

Connor block.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ahhh yes, Antonio “Hulk” Martin.  #34 a very good player. Along with Garrett, Griffin, Johnson and Baskin. That was a very under-rated bunch. Those guys are primarily responsible for my love of ORU Titan basketball. 🚂

Rob

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Ahhh yes, Antonio “Hulk” Martin.  #34 a very good player. Along with Garrett, Griffin, Johnson and Baskin. That was a very under-rated bunch. Those guys are primarily responsible for my love of ORU Titan basketball. 🚂

Rob

Loved watching Antonio Martin play back in the day.

• Like 1

Connor had a few good games with Arkansas but was simply not consistent enough.  At times he struggled to defend 6'9 250 guys that he faced in the SEC but not this year, his defense has improved.

7 hours ago, Old Titan said:

DID YOU KNOW...

Connor's 107 blocks (and counting) put him at No. 8 in a career at ORU, passing former Titan great Antonio Martin (1977-80) in just 34 games.

Connor block.jpg

The guy BARELY gets off the floor to block this shot.  Imagine a jumping Vanover and the damage he could do to alter and block shots!! 😆  AMAZING!

4 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Plus, he's not guarding 6-9 grown men, like in the SEC. 

True. Also: rain->parade. 😁

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Talk about your "news dump":  Connor posted this to Twitter around 9:00pm Friday night; I for one just now saw it.

He's pretty vague about what the future may hold, but I get the distinct impression it does not include a curtain call at 81st & Lewis.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Talk about your "news dump":  Connor posted this to Twitter around 9:00pm Friday night; I for one just now saw it.

He's pretty vague about what the future may hold, but I get the distinct impression it does not include a curtain call at 81st & Lewis.

Arkansas fans probably see this and laugh. We shall see how this goes for him. I’m going to say he is a late 4th round pick. 

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Could be problematic....since the NBA Draft is only 2 rounds....🤔

Oh snap. Well I’ll need to research the NBA draft and report back on what i learned. Connor will likely end up playing College ball or maybe Europe ball. 

Edited by ORUFanbase