Connor Vanover Watch

Old Titan

CV has been great all year but do not forget the assist from McBride.  He is the one who said to his friend, we need some help in the middle at ORU.  So make the short drive from Fayetteville to Tulsa and help the Eagles out!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

CV sucked it up and played today... and played really well with a 12/14  double double....just amazing for a guy who didn't look like he could suit up just 36 hours later....Expect A Miracle...🤩

• Like 3

I love CV and there is no doubt he has had a HUGE impact on this team. I just have to wonder why he sometimes brings the ball toward his body. When ne does it often results in the defender knocking the ball loose. Heck, if he would just hold it over his head it would be like my uncle playing with me when I was five years old. There is no way the opposition could reach the ball.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following five blocks vs. St. Thomas Monday night, Connor now sits at 101 total OFFICIAL blocks for the season, needing just THREE MORE to break the record for one season.

He is already No. 7 ALL-TIME in blocks at ORU - in just ONE YEAR.

Considering how many blocks have been missed for him this year (both home and abroad), I sure hope he breaks the record easily in the remainder of the postseason, or else we should DEMAND A RECOUNT! (lol).  #StopTheSteal (for real)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

What if everyone with an espn+ subscription were to rewatch 1-2 games, and time stamp every block he has. If there are any discrepancies, we could submit them to the athletics department, or whoever might be able to correct the stats. I can't remember which game it was, but earlier this season when Conner was leading the nation in blocks, I was sure he had 6 or 7 blocks, and was surprised to see he was only credited with 3 on the box score.

8 hours ago, SonofaLegend said:

What if everyone with an espn+ subscription were to rewatch 1-2 games, and time stamp every block he has. If there are any discrepancies, we could submit them to the athletics department, or whoever might be able to correct the stats. I can't remember which game it was, but earlier this season when Conner was leading the nation in blocks, I was sure he had 6 or 7 blocks, and was surprised to see he was only credited with 3 on the box score.

The only way to change the stats of a road game would be to ask that school to revise their official box score; which would be a logistic and diplomatic chore.

Looking back through ORU's own video and official stats would likely add enough blocks to do the trick, but again:  finding the time.

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Looking back through ORU's own video and official stats would likely add enough blocks to do the trick, but again:  finding the time.

I've got about 7 hours before game time. I'm on it. Blocks against non-D1 opponents are not counted, correct?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SonofaLegend said:

I've got about 7 hours before game time. I'm on it. Blocks against non-D1 opponents are not counted, correct?

Heck yeah they are! 

But, here's the rub:  ORU Media Relations feels like they haven't missed any blocks, at least that's what I was told in a phone call earlier this season (see previous posts in this thread). 

So it becomes a matter of who's going to have the final word on specific plays in a game as to whether it was a block, a steal, merely an altered shot that doesn' go in the box score, or nothing at all.

Trust me, I doubt it's going to be us keyboard warriors making the final determination...

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Heck yeah they are! 

But, here's the rub:  ORU Media Relations feels like they haven't missed any blocks, at least that's what I was told in a phone call earlier this season (see previous posts in this thread). 

So it becomes a matter of who's going to have the final word on specific plays in a game as to whether it was a block, a steal, merely an altered shot that doesn' go in the box score, or nothing at all.

Trust me, I doubt it's going to be us keyboard warriors making the final determination...

And, as discussed in that thread, the official stat rules say that “if there is ANY doubt that it was a block, then it wasn’t a block”.  This is a very high bar, and it would be near to impossible to convince ORU Media Relations that anything should be changed (because if anyone questioned whether it was a block in the first place, then by definition, it obviously wasn’t an “official” block)!

With a Summit League record-tying SIX blocks Tuesday night (most of them real and spectacular), Connor did for himself what the team did collectively:  left no doubt.

Now, it's just a matter of "how far he can pad his new record?" (107 and counting) in next week's games (see what I did there?)

• Upvote 2

• Old Titan changed the title to Connor Vanover Watch

Old Titan changed the title to Connor Vanover Watch”
So all it takes is a Summit League championship to get Connor’s name spelled right? Nice!

What about the alley oop pass from Max As-smith to Conover?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

What about the alley oop pass from Max As-smith to Conover?

We heard that one guy say “A-smith” time and time again, and we just looked at each other and rolled our eyes!

• Haha 1

All the success that Connor and Patrick have in a golden eagles uniform will help us tremendously in recruiting the portal. The boys have the platform, now just need to show out next week.