TSU

ORUalum

Kareem brings the energy to the court AND to the dance floor!  He's doing it all this season...🤩

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Phipps is not only a poor defender but he is also a lousy dancer....and big Connor not much better....😜

22 hours ago, ORU40 said:

I know that it's easy to make statistics do whatever you want, but I think one speaks volumes about our current rotation:

**The walk-on from the track team on our roster- Shannon, has more FG's and a higher per game scoring average than our sixth man through 3 games!!!**

I don't think coach Mills will change his system, but I hope he changes his rotation!!!  

Jake from State Farm: ORU's secret weapon!!

When you know you are a bad dancer yet you still participate to support the overall team dynamic, then I will give you props (especially when you know it is possible that the video of the dancing might become available to a wider audience). 😁

• Upvote 2

Is this the best regular season road win in the Mills era? Beating the SWAC favorite. Anybody recall a better win during the regular season?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORob1 said:

Kareem brings the energy to the court AND to the dance floor!  He's doing it all this season...🤩

When Kareem is rolling ORU is a much better team.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Presented without commentary (despite the urge to provide any one of a dozen snarky captions 🤣)

I only saw two opportunities but let’s stay focused on the positive. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Is this the best regular season road win in the Mills era? Beating the SWAC favorite. Anybody recall a better win during the regular season?

I posed that same question a few days back heading into Saint Mary's.  Depending on how TSU finishes the season, this win just might be it.  The Tigers are the defending SWAC tournament champion, with a First Four win last season before falling to national champion Kansas in a 1/16 game.

A couple of road wins vs. South Dakota, and at NDSU in the doubleheader season of 20-21 would rank up there on Mills' all-time road wins list.  Wins at Richmond and Arkansas-Little Rock look good on paper, but were against teams with losing records.

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

When you know you are a bad dancer yet you still participate to support the overall team dynamic, then I will give you props (especially when you know it is possible that the video of the dancing might become available to a wider audience). 😁

I for one am in no position to criticize someone else's dance moves...

Saturday Night Live Dancing GIF

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

This thought is not original. In fact, we were playing on the road last year when one of the home team’s announcers said “Explain to me again why Issac McBride couldn’t get on the floor at Vanderbilt?”  I am so glad that he couldn’t.  

It is interesting to see ORU get so excited about this win but then after the blowout on Monday night, I guess they needed something to celebrate.  Generally white guys (including myself) cannot dance.  Unless it is maybe a slow dance with the wife or girlfriend.

• Haha 1

Last season through the first four games, ORU was 50-143 (.350) from three; this year it's a very similar 44-134 (.328).  And last season's first four games included two home games (both non-D1), so the competition has been far better this year.  For the remainder of last season, ORU shot .385 from three.

In those same four games, Max was 6-24 (.250) from three (he only played in three games, as he sat out the Haskell game).  This year, he is 10-35 (.286).  All this to say, I think we're going to be just fine from beyond the arc, which remains the key element of our offensive strategy.  We know these guys can shoot...they will heat up as the weather cools!

• Upvote 3

Arizona State absolutely drubbing #20 Michigan tonight.  How in the world did TSU beat the Sun Devils last weekend?