TSU

ORUalum

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

OT is that the metaphor for tonight’s game that I can dutifully grind into dust sometime in the second half?

LOL - I'm afraid TSU is neither.  That's what makes this match-up singularly fascinating. 

Beating them would be something to hang the ol' hat on; losing to them would mean eating said hat.

38-38 at half....anybody have details?😎

What a second half by DJ....worst video feed / live stats ever!!!!!!!!!

Vanover best ORU player thru the first 4 games?

• Like 1

Well, what the heck do you take from THIS contest? 

The first 30 minutes of mediocrity, or the final 10 minutes of brilliance?

This team is gonna give me a stroke.  #CelebrateAllVictories

Heart Attack Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

Guessing this ORU squad is not a dumpster fire after all......some serious balls shown tonite after losing by 38 yesterday.....bring on Oklahoma Baptist!!! 💪

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Abmas, McBride, Thompson, Mwamba, Vanover --- There's your starting lineup

Jurgens, Weaver, Herron -- first three off the bench

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Very nice win!!!

My take a way, DJ and Patrick need to be getting more minutes and our current 6th man needs to not be used any longer! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

One can only imagine what Houston will do to Texas Southern tomorrow night...😬

Good win tonight! So proud of how our players battled, hustled and showed grit after what happened last night! Let’s remember it’s not how a team starts it’s how they end up in March. This team has depth and a lot of upside. Let’s keep improving! As for tonight let’s celebrate this win!

• Upvote 1

I was concerned that our guys would run out of steam in the second half, but it was TSU that was gassed, and missing all their shots short.  Gutty win under difficult circumstances.  

And, yes… the lineup that sparked most of the big run (Abmas, McBride, Vanover, Thompson, Mwamba) needs to be on the court together as much as possible.  

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

And, yes… the lineup that sparked most of the big run (Abmas, McBride, Vanover, Thompson, Mwamba) needs to be on the court together as much as possible.  

Agree TB82, with the exception that Weaver was probably our best player on this trip. DJ really stepped up and earned either a starting position or starter minutes, Patrick also earned significant minutes.  

We have good talent we just need to play them! We have to stop playing our current 6th man, if we do, we can be a good team!! 

• Like 2

Confession: I was so frustated after last night that I did not even watch the game and just got out of the house to run errands.  Just got home and was pleasantly surprised to see a big win for the Eagles by 18!  Just shows how basketball is just such an up and down sport, one day is a nightmare and then the next game is a dream come true.   ORU's best win of the short season.

Four games into the season with a record of 2-2, having won when favorites and lost when underdogs.  Now, the schedule gets very interesting with NINE OF THE NEXT TEN GAMES within the Tulsa city limits.  And the ten game schedule starts fairly light - with three of the four against non-D1 - and then ramps up in intensity until finally peaking when the two South Dakota schools come to town to open the Summit season.  The next month will provide many opportunities for this team to show its true colors - fun days ahead!

Connor's first double double in 86 career games over four years.  Kareem also had a double double.  Good to see ORU win the rebounding battle, which was the first time this season.  Did not see the game but the box score said Trey had 6 points and 5 rebounds in 12 minutes, which sounds fine.  Was he that bad tonight?

3 minutes ago, Ting said:

Was this game watchable? I only was listening to audio…

It was supposed to be live-streamed by TSU, but they had technical difficulties, and ended up sporadically broadcasting about four minutes of the actual game.

• Thanks 1