Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

Old Titan

30 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Not as much as it affects Tulsa in particular, and OSU and OU in general, allowing another 5-star Green Country recruit to leave the state for his college career.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, titansforever said:

To OT’s point not ORU as much. If K-State gets Max, that recruit will learn from a great leader and see how to manage a game.

It will be hard to keep Castillo off the court.  He has been playing on the international stage for a couple of years and has some height over Max.  Max has the leadership and game IQ to stay on the court, but if that is where Max lands, it will be interesting to see Max mentor a future superstar.

So... Castillo is class of 2024 and Max only has next season to play. He doesn't have any effect on Max going to Kstate. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

It will be hard to keep Castillo off the court.  He has been playing on the international stage for a couple of years and has some height over Max.  Max has the leadership and game IQ to stay on the court, but if that is where Max lands, it will be interesting to see Max mentor a future superstar.

K State is one of the final 4 schools in the running for Tyler Perry from No. Texas St. who everyone wanted, he's a point guard that was Conf. USA POY and NIT tourney MVP, if Perry commits to K St., Max will not. It looks like he's been waiting so long to commit to see where the other top guards in the portal (Cale from Baylor to Houston, Marks from Houston to Arkansas, the guard from Temple, Olivari from Rice) land. His options are becoming limited as players commit and he waits to see who commits where. The longhorns are still an option, but with the players they have lost and the fact that are not getting any portal players and the HS 5 star decommitted, they look like a lower tier Big 12 team next year. WSU may be a safety landing spot! JS

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

K State is one of the final 4 schools in the running for Tyler Perry from No. Texas St. who everyone wanted, he's a point guard that was Conf. USA POY and NIT tourney MVP, if Perry commits to K St., Max will not. It looks like he's been waiting so long to commit to see where the other top guards in the portal (Cale from Baylor to Houston, Marks from Houston to Arkansas, the guard from Temple, Olivari from Rice) land. His options are becoming limited as players commit and he waits to see who commits where. The longhorns are still an option, but with the players they have lost and the fact that are not getting any portal players and the HS 5 star decommitted, they look like a lower tier Big 12 team next year. WSU may be a safety landing spot! JS

Tx has really struggled so far on the Portal front but has a big in today from Virginia. They will take Max over Perry from UNT. He has been their # 1 option as far as guards go. I would imagine their NIL deal will be his best offer as well. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Tx has really struggled so far on the Portal front but has a big in today from Virginia. They will take Max over Perry from UNT. He has been their # 1 option as far as guards go. I would imagine their NIL deal will be his best offer as well. 

Perry has already removed TX from his list. Texas really wants Max at this point both because he's been their target and also because they have done so poorly this year in the portal (signing new and losing current players) and with HS players. K State appears to have Perry over Max as its prime target.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Not as much as it affects Tulsa in particular, and OSU and OU in general, allowing another 5-star Green Country recruit to leave the state for his college career.

Good luck to Castillo but much like Bryce Thompson I am not seeing the 5 star rating. In my mind a TRUE 5 star guy is an automatic option for starting minutes at the P5 level. Castillo didn't really look like he belonged on the court in AAU last summer 🤷‍♂️

Coach Tang knows a lot more about evaluation than I do though 😄

2 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Perry has already removed TX from his list. Texas really wants Max at this point both because he's been their target and also because they have done so poorly this year in the portal (signing new and losing current players) and with HS players. K State appears to have Perry over Max as its prime target.

Kind of a weird situation as TX didn't seem to have much interest in Perry so pretty opposite of what Kstate preferred. 

Max is on TX campus right now. I would think they are basically asking what do you want in way of NIL $$? 🙂 He is sitting in the drivers seat on this one. 

35 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Kind of a weird situation as TX didn't seem to have much interest in Perry so pretty opposite of what Kstate preferred. 

Max is on TX campus right now. I would think they are basically asking what do you want in way of NIL $$? 🙂 He is sitting in the drivers seat on this one. 

Matthew Mcconaughey Hook Em GIF by Texas Longhorns

Matty Boy has the check book ready sign it off Max’s amount. $$$$

Edited by ORUFanbase

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

I just can't imagine that burnt orange is in Max's color wheel.  He strikes me as a navy blue and vegas gold kinda' guy. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Hard to envision anything other than Max announcing "Hook 'em" Thursday night or sometime Friday via social media.

Tang had to know K-State's chances were slim once Max left Manhatten without committing; Max may have just been playing the Wildcats off the Longhorns to get the best NIL deal possible.

Max has had an agent giving him advice for three years now; plus he and his parents are smart people.  He's been dealing with NBA general managers; this is not his first rodeo (no Bevo pun intended). 

• Upvote 4

On 4/19/2023 at 11:41 PM, Old Titan said:

Hard to envision anything other than Max announcing "Hook 'em" Thursday night or sometime Friday via social media.

Max yet again proving me wrong, dating back to his freshman year when I said he was "too small" and "needs to quit shooting so many threes".  🤐

If he indeed ends up going to Wichita State after what turns out to be a diversionary tour of Big XII contenders, I'm gonna throw up.

Man, Max picked a bad time for both himself and the Longhorns to attend at least two UT baseball games that we know of this weekend:  Oklahoma swept Texas in Austin for the first time in over 20 years:

Not sure if this guy really knows anything or not… doesn’t mention his visit to Baylor