College Station Regional

theeagleman5

Really tough draw this post-season, facing the regular/season champs of the SEC West and Big XII respectively within 24 hours. 

Great starting pitching by the Golden Eagles, with a few sparkling defensive plays and enough men on base to at least keep things interesting. Just couldn’t string together enough hits when it mattered. 

Never anything to be ashamed of not winning when you’re the underdog; but if you want to win you have to overachieve vs. superior talent, and that just didn’t happen in College Station. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I just have to make mention of the fact that I didn’t see any questioning or complaining about the fact that we were the home team today. I’ll hang up and listen about how this is totally different than the conference tournament. 😜

Yes it is disappointing, but I'm proud of the way we competed in these games.  We don't see pitchers throwing 97-98 mph in the Summit League, but we outhit TCU!  Unfortunately we couldn't get the timely hits we needed, but a great effort.

Hopefully we will get some additional pitchers & players and have an even better year in 2023.

• Like 3

In related news: if Arkansas fans had any class at all, they should be embarrassed by the behavior of almost player in their lineup tonight vs. Oklahoma State. But I’m not holding my breath in that regard.

Biggest bunch of showboating prima donnas I’ve witnessed in a long time.  Coupled with their weasly coach Dave Van Horn, they are a most annoying lot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

In related news: if Arkansas fans had any class at all, they should be embarrassed by the behavior of almost player in their lineup tonight vs. Oklahoma State. But I’m not holding my breath in that regard.

Biggest bunch of showboating prima donnas I’ve witnessed in a long time. 

Arkansas fans gave proven over the years that they have no class. 

Aggies beat the Horned Frogs last night and win the regional 15-9......⚾

• Like 1