College Station Regional

theeagleman5

Looks like ORU vs. Texas A&M at 1pm CDT on Friday.....TheEagleman wondering if we go with Coffey or Smith in the opener?.....Why is it that I am more fearful of TCU in this regional than the Aggies.....I am sure that A&M has little or no concern about the Golden Eagles....heck, they may start Jimbo Fisher in Game 1......😜

I feel like we got a very good regional for us. Although it is tough we could have gotten a tougher one! I like our chances on Friday. We need to stay in the winner's bracket. It is so difficult to win through  the loser's bracket. I was at a dinner a couple of months ago and sat at Coach Folmar's table. He expressed to me that the first 1/3 of the season he likes to get the bugs worked out. The next 1/3rd he wants to see the team start coming together and the last 1/3rd play their best baseball. It seems that the good guys are playing their best right now and they seem to have a lot of belief that they can win! Go Eagles!!

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic. You never know what will happen! We should have confidence after winning the Summit Tournament the way we did.

Also...we need a T-shirt to mark the occasion. 🙂

Saw this t-shirt at the NCAA selection event at ORU yesterday. I want one of these

image.jpeg.1a660cca8af7a3cbc50a205f2b4e7de0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

It would be huge, off the charts, awesome (add your phrase) to win the regional but more realistically is winning one or two games.  That would cap off a good season.  Of course two wins would give the Eagles 40 for the season!

6 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Saw this t-shirt at the NCAA selection event at ORU yesterday. I want one of these

image.jpeg.1a660cca8af7a3cbc50a205f2b4e7de0.jpeg

What kind of flower is that in the middle of the shirt? 😉

That's pretty good "coverage" by channel 6, OT!  😁

Rob

Less than 24 hours now until the first pitch between ORU (38-18) and Texas A&M (37-18).....TheEagleman agrees that none of the 3 primary starters for the Aggies appear to be "unbeatable".....still we can probably take it for granted that all are better than what ORU normally sees in the Summit League.....but ORU has performed well in non conference play especially vs. OSU, OU, and Ole Miss...even Air Force turns out to be a nice win on the resume.....those 3 early Dallas Baptist losses still sting.....but this should be an interesting game on Friday.....anyone know if Smith or Coffey will get the start?.....if ORU can get the bats going early it will surely put some fear into the home team and their fans.....overall ORU playing with house money so let's get it done and stay in the winners bracket!  GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 3

Not that I'm complaining, but how did this end up being the early game? Is that for TV or do the hosts get to make that decision? Either way, better for ORU and I may try to make the drive from Houston depending on which excuse my job will accept. 😁

33 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Not that I'm complaining, but how did this end up being the early game? Is that for TV or do the hosts get to make that decision? Either way, better for ORU and I may try to make the drive from Houston depending on which excuse my job will accept. 😁

I poked around on a couple of Aggie boards and they said it was their choice. Host team gets to decide and apparently the Aggie head coach wanted the early game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

I poked around on a couple of Aggie boards and they said it was their choice. Host team gets to decide and apparently the Aggie head coach wanted the early game. 

Thanks Otis! That's interesting, I would think Schlossnagle would prefer the crowd for the night game. And that's usually just a tune up/pep rally for the 1-seed to overwhelm the typical 4-seed before the Saturday night main event. Of course, ORU traditionally is not a typical 4.

Off the top of my head, the last time ORU played a 1/4 afternoon game in recent memory was at the 2010 Norman Regional and it was about 100 degrees that afternoon.

Anyway, doesn't matter, can't believe it's been 4 years since our last regional. Feeling pretty good about this team right now!

• Like 1

It's game day ORU Golden Eagles fans!  I've got my JLJ image as the background on my video conference software so all of my colleagues know my priorities for today.  Sending good vibes down to the boys as they prepare to take on the Aggies.

The game notes posted by ORU don't indicate a starting pitcher.  Has anyone heard who is on the bump for us today?  I lean towards putting our best arm forward with Ledgend Smith.  The Aggie's game notes indicate that Micah Dallas is the probable starter.  Dallas is 5-3 with a 5.64 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP.  He averages about 5 innings an outing but has gone as far as 7 3 times.  He appears to a little inconsistent in that he has about as many games surrendering 5 or more runs as he has 3 or less.  As @TrueBlue82pointed out in a typically insightful post, the Aggies don't have an Ace per se.  Dallas is probably 1b and it looks like Shlossnagle is holding 1a Dettmer for Saturday.

Micah Dallas appears to be the #3 starter for A&M so they are saving their 1 for TCU.....agree that Smith is the way to go unless the Aggies have a heavy right handed line up.....should be a good game....I hope....Love the Blue Unis today.....the Blue w/ORAL ROBERTS script......very classy look.......:shield-logo:

If ORU can get some strong pitching today then they could upset the Aggies.  Hopefully A&M is overlooking the Eagles and ORU gets off to a hot start!

• Upvote 1

Anybody else having trouble getting Adam to come through? It keeps saying "Techinical Difficulties".