College Station Regional

theeagleman5

ORU Sports Network has the audio=only and it seems to be working fine.

ORU on the board...1-0 in the 2nd.....:tb-blue:

I'd be perfectly happy if we won this game by a 1-0 score. 🙂 

Sounds like good representation of ORU faithful at the game.  Killer play by the Aggie 3rd baseman to end that inning.

17 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Sounds like good representation of ORU faithful at the game.

Agreed. They sound great!

ORU really hanging down 2-1.  Ledgend Smith is pitching really well.  We can definitely score against this A&M pitcher, just need to string a few hits together.

Such mental toughness for Ledgend Smith.  He has thrown a lot of pitches but he is dialed in right now.  2 straight strikeouts with 2 runners on base to end the inning.  ORU needs to scratch some runs across now.  If we can retake the lead, it will put a lot of pressure on A&M.

The team is actually playing well.  1 bad pitch and 1 error and A&M makes you pay with a 3-1 lead.  Need to score some runs!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Terrible error from A&M. Inning should've been over - now we've got 2 in scoring position with 1 out! Let's get some runs across the plate. 

The umpire just gifted those 2 outs to A&M.  Those pitches are balls when they cross the plate and he started calling them strikes, so our hitters were forced to chase bad pitches.  Very frustrating indeed.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the breaks for the most part have not gone ORU's way.  In order to win on the road agaisnt a top ten team, you have to have some breaks go your way.  Still proud of how the guys have fought today and played strong.

The stage looked a little too high for the ORU players today, but since ORU hasn’t made the tourney since 2018, most players on the team have never experienced anything like it.  A couple of untimely errors, two bad pitches, and no clutch hitting (1-12 RISP) are a bad recipe for success.  Hopefully, the guys will recover overnight and show their true selves tomorrow.   It’s a VERY tough road ahead, but not impossible. 

1-12 with RISP....hence the problem today....gonna have to get a clutch hit or 3 tomorrow probably vs. Louisiana....😎

We got off to a good start and then stalled out at the plate and had some fielding issues.  As much as I hate to do it, I will give credit where credit is due.  There were two occasions when we had RISP and the Aggie 3rd baseman made very difficult plays to end the rally.  Those go the other way and it could have been a different game.  Gotta tip your hat.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I’m proud of the way they fought. I don’t think the score dictates how close that game was. I felt we were in it until the 8th. Seems like the boys decided to take the road less travelled. Let’s go eags