Schedule 22-23

Keenan Henderson

3 tough road games in 4 nights....ouch!....TheEagleman gives Coach Mills points for the effort but most likely will be 3 Ls unless the Good Guys find a way to beat Texas Southern......agree with Old Titan that it's not a wise move making two West Coast trips in 10 days and the latter as the 3rd game in 4 nights.......perhaps scheduling some home wins vs. non D-1 opponents not a bad idea after all......😉

Very challenging schedule, but I suspect we had to take what we could get.

Our apparent roster depth could really come in handy over that 4 game stretch.

• Upvote 1

Let's be praying for NO injuries and NO illnesses. We need everyone healthy and ready to win!

Hard to imagine Max playing all 40 minutes in that 3 game stretch....guard depth will be very important especially in November and December.....lots of tough basketball games from the looks of things.....😬

• Upvote 1

As tough as our non conference schedule is I am really glad we have the caliber of players to enter this battle. With that said we will have to mesh and gel as a team right out of the gate if we want to win some of these games. I have heard  this summer defense has been a priority and has been  worked on a lot. With new additions  like Demari, Mawamba and Connor we really should be better on defense. Hopefully this is the most teachable team Coach Mills has ever had. If they are and stay unified and unselfish our upside could be scary!!

• Upvote 2

Well 88.....TheEagleman has to admit that he IS a bit scared.......😬:hc_mills:😬

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Hard to imagine Max playing all 40 minutes in that 3 game stretch....guard depth will be very important especially in November and December.....lots of tough basketball games from the looks of things.....😬

This OOC schedule is such a great opportunity for the entire team and particularly Max. If you're a guy that wants more minutes, then get out there and show coach you deserve them on the road against a really good St Mary's team or at Houston or Wash St. And for Max if you want to be considered an NBA prospect and an All American go out and drop 30 against a defensive assault by Kelven Sampsons Houston Cougars- because they will be bringing it, or in the 3rd road game in 4 days against a P5 team!! 

This schedule gives Max such a wonderful chance to show case his game, if you have a big game at St Mary's or Houston the entire college basketball world knows about it, a big game against Haskell or Rodgers St and nobody notices or cares. Max will need to carry this team at times, particularly early as others learn their roles and we play a much better level of competition then we are used to seeing, good players make their teammates better.

It's a tough schedule we'll find out who's physically tough and who's mentally tough!! Things will be difficult at times, who hangs their head or blames others as opposed to who learns from the adversity and works a little harder and gets up every time he gets knocked down!! We will learn a lot about this team before Christmas, hopefully the OOC schedule will toughen us up and get us ready to win the Summit and get back into the big dance!!

• Like 3

Even though it is a tough schedule, this is the perfect team to handle it.  All 13 guys are good enough to see the court.  Nate Clover is probably at the end of the bench (13th man), and he is good enough to be a backup center or play 10 minutes a night on most Summit League teams.   Anyone know if Cam will be redshirted this year or not?  Maybe it is too early to know.

This is the best team ORU has had going into a season since DoMo's senior year that went 27-7 and the 22-23 team has better depth then that NIT team.  

St. Mary's and Washington State both lost their top scorers and half of their overall production from last year.  Not sure how much Texas Southern lost but have not seen them picked to win their league.  These teams will still be good but maybe not as good as they were last year.  

Thanks for the Reminder ORU40....IN MILLS WE TRUST!!!.....TheEagleman will never lose sight of that.....:hc_mills:

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Be Patient Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Is that Loki? Should we be afraid??

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Before anyone gets too carried away with this summertime hype, I would suggest giving this thread a review from the team's last time out just a few months ago:

ORU vs. NDSU Semi Final

A lot of familiar names in that "contest", with all but one returning.

Sincerely wondering if all the positive vibes heading into this season are based on the guys growing dramatically better defensively over the summer (with the exact same coaching staff), or from the new guys pushing many of them off the floor when it comes to playing time?

16 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Updated 8/9/22

NOVEMBER

Nov 7 (Mon) -- at St. Mary's

NOV 11 or NOV 12 (FRI or SAT) -- TBD (Homecoming) 

Nov 14 (Mon) -- at Houston

Nov 15 (Tue) -- at Texas Southern

Nov. 17 (Thu — at Washington State

DECEMBER

Dec 3 (Sat) -- at Tulsa

DEC 10 (SAT) -- CENTRAL ARKANSAS

DEC 16 (FRI) -- MISSOURI STATE

DEC 19 (MON) -- SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

DEC 21 (WED) -- SOUTH DAKOTA

TBD -- @ Oklahoma State, @ Texas-Arlington

i must concur with TrueBlue82:  the November travel is insane on its face; the competition makes it even worse. 

FYI - The Homecoming game has been confirmed for Friday, November 11.  The opponent is still TBD.

TheEagleman is counting on the latter, OT......and as for our Homecoming opponent on Nov. 11th???.....well.....I would probably put my money on Rogers State.....:circle-logoi:

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman is counting on the latter, OT......and as for our Homecoming opponent on Nov. 11th???.....well.....I would probably put my money on Rogers State.....:circle-logoi:

Little sisters of the poor 😅😅

16 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

How about Saint Peter's? 😁

ORU vs. St. Peter's would be a fantastic match up.....maybe we could work out a home and home deal?  Probably too much to ask at this point....but what a great idea!.....😎