Schedule 22-23

Keenan Henderson

Are the 4 even going to count towards our record? Aren't you only allowed 2 non-D1 games or is that an old rule? 

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

I get it. Scheduling is tough. No question.

But, nobody else in the country has four NAIA/D-2 games. 

True. A lot of factors go into it. They could have been dropped from a couple games for whatever reason, and if the contracts aren’t sign ✌🏾. Depending on when this happened, a lot of people could have been finished with their schedules. At that point, there’s nothing you can do about it. More times than not, I would have the schedule done by July evaluations period. Sometimes a month or two before that. 

Knowing who is responsible for scheduling, my assumption, they got dropped and had to scramble and no one had room on their schedules to play + no one wanted to play them. 

8 minutes ago, Mr_TwoFive said:

True. A lot of factors go into it. They could have been dropped from a couple games for whatever reason, and if the contracts aren’t sign ✌🏾. Depending on when this happened, a lot of people could have been finished with their schedules. At that point, there’s nothing you can do about it. More times than not, I would have the schedule done by July evaluations period. Sometimes a month or two before that. 

Knowing who is responsible for scheduling, my assumption, they got dropped and had to scramble and no one had room on their schedules to play + no one wanted to play them. 

Didn't OSU drop them? Thought i saw that?

St. Mary's is listed as #40 on the Top 144 College Basketball rankings list.  They did lose 3 of their top five scorers from last year and brought in 8 new players.  So, maybe ORU is caching them at a good time: early in the season when their new pieces are still coming together.  Not saying it will be an easy win but maybe the Eagles can go in and sneak out an upset on opening night.  Still will have to bring their A game.

Gotta love your optimism, KH... TheEagleman can guarantee this won't be an EASY WIN.....LOL....could ORU pull off an upset? Possible I guess but we also have a lot of new pieces that will take time to gel.....Good Guys will likely be a double digit underdog at St. Mary.....and ORU's history of openers on the road vs. decent opponents is not good....not good at all......but Coach Mills will have five weeks to get the boys in shape and give them more of his "toughness" speeches.....keep them coming, Coach!!  :hc_mills::shield-logo::hc_mills:

3 hours ago, darrenj said:

Didn't OSU drop them? Thought i saw that?

OSU and Texas-Arlington both backed out of what would have been home games for them.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, Old Titan said:

OSU and Texas-Arlington both backed out of what would have been home games for them.

Probably wise for both of them. Especially OSU as Boynton really needs to win some games this year. Going into his 6th yr with one NCAA tourney appearance he might want to win some games. Although not sure OSU wants to pay a $10 million buyout to go search for another coach. 

I am sure Tulsa would love to get out of the game as well if they could!:)

30 minutes ago, darrenj said:

I am sure Tulsa would love to get out of the game as well if they could!:)

Tulsa AD Rick Dickson actually likes the series, might even be agreeable to returning to home-and-home each season.

Personally, I've said for years since ORU joined a conference that I couldn't care less whether TU is on the ORU schedule.  Their fan base has no respect for ORU's program, looking down their noses any time ORU wins.  I would much rather play Missouri State, Wichita State, or even Arkansas on an annual basis.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Not a secret anymore, is it? 🙂 

That’s the sort of prize they should auction off at the Courtside Countdown each season:  traveling with the team for their Secret Scrimmage!

Driving The Muppets GIF

• Haha 3

SUMMIT LEAGUE
Denver – Oct. 23 at Northern Colorado
Kansas City – Oct. 22 at Iowa
North Dakota – N/A
North Dakota State – Oct. 22 vs. Augustana in Sioux Falls, SD
Omaha – None
Oral Roberts – Oct. 23 vs. Drake in Kansas City; Oct. 29 vs. Louisiana Tech in Conway, Ark.
South Dakota – Oct. 22 vs. Tulsa in Kansas City
South Dakota State – Oct. 23 vs. Milwaukee at Concordia (Minn.)
St. Thomas – N/A
Western Illinois – Oct. 15 at Lindenwood

According to this list, ORU is the only Summit League team that scheduled two "Secret Scrimmages". Maybe some teams are better at keeping secrets.

• 2 weeks later...