Schedule 22-23

Keenan Henderson

It's very sad that we only have ONE home game in November. I did some digging on the women's schedule, and I've only found 1 home game (so far) in November: on the 26th. They play at TU on the 27th.

I hope we're in for some nice surprises when it comes to the final schedule. Expect a Miracle, right??

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, titansforever said:

It's very sad that we only have ONE home game in November. I did some digging on the women's schedule, and I've only found 1 home game (so far) in November: on the 26th. They play at TU on the 27th.

I hope we're in for some nice surprises when it comes to the final schedule. Expect a Miracle, right??

Would be very surprised if there aren’t a couple more non-D1 home games sprinkled into the November mix.

Yeah....Haskell and SW Christian are only a phone call away.......Image result for george costanza photos

• Haha 1

We can officially stick a fork in the Mavs for this season.  It's the second time an ORU-UTA game has failed to materialze during this particular contract; pretty sure they pulled the plug both times...

After hearing Coach Mills on the Summit podcast today, I wonder if a possible reason the Mavs don't want to play this season is so they don't have to deal with the possibility of UTA transfer Patrick Mwamba coming into their gym and stealing a win.

• Like 3

Update:  non-conference schedule is set and should be announced in the next week or so. 

Sounds like it's about what we've expected; no bombshells.

OBU....a slight upgrade from Haskell. Nothing like roasting a few Baptists on a Friday Night at Mabee Center...😇

CBS Sports already has the opening night game with St. Mary's listed as a top three matchup for November 7th.  They did mention the opening night schedule is pretty thin, but I agree this should be a solid matchup.  Less then two months to go!

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 6:09 PM, Old Titan said:

We can officially stick a fork in the Mavs for this season.  It's the second time an ORU-UTA game has failed to materialze during this particular contract; pretty sure they pulled the plug both times...

I'm very disappointed by this news.  First and foremost, I like what playing in DFW can do for recruiting.  Selfishly, I was looking forward to seeing the team play in Arlington.  Despite the loss, we had a lot of fun in Fort Worth last season.

• Like 1

ORU will most likely see OSU and UTA on next year's schedule, once Max and company have graduated.  There is always next year (of course no one wants to hear that in sports)!

Here's how messed up scheduling is this season:

• The Missouri Valley is hosting their men's basketball media day next week.
  • They have yet to announce their conference schedule.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Here's how messed up scheduling is this season:

• The Missouri Valley is hosting their men's basketball media day next week.
  • They have yet to announce their conference schedule.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Wow!

Since NCAA basketball doesn't really have a governing body is there any deadline for schedules at all?

Hey, as long as a team announces by game day, who they are playing then everything is good to go!  Toddlers And Tiaras Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Wow!

Since NCAA basketball doesn't really have a governing body is there any deadline for schedules at all?

Due to rainouts and such, baseball sometimes schedules games in-season, so I guess it could be worse.

Sunny Golloway was notorious for throwing in D-2 and NAIA weekday games at the last minute in May if needed to reach 40 wins... 🤪

Good point....does St. Gregory still have a basketball team??🤔